Ringos Team Thread 2024

Started by Ringo, January 25, 2024, 10:26:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

I really love the Libba pick

I heard Nank should be good to go R1, but I think Naismith is worth starting at R3 regardless.

arbel

Yeah is looking good only change is maybe try squeeze in Tom Green if you can but don't know who would go out.

Colliwobblers

Looks like we've ended up very similar mate, I'm Laird and green for Dawson and liber. several rookie differences.

I hope you differed from me by not having Gibcus on the field for 19. Poor blokes had a rough run.

Team looks solid good luck for the season.

Ringo

After Team announcements here is my final Rd 1 Team

With Naismith not named went to $102k Rookie R3 and loophole.  Butters down to Rozee allowing stronger bench.

The SC demons have already surfaced with Gibcus. Wirh best 18 next few rounds may hold Gibcus so I can see best defender to replace will be monitoring Hore and Pink for starters.

Will also be monitoring Lyons as well to see whether to trade Jordan/Fyfe to him for cash gain.  Depends on the scoring of all three,

Mat0369

Something I'm contemplating for the Gibcus fix is starting Daicos in my midfield and maybe grab a Hore who can score at his price. Looks like McDonald will play for Freo but scoring is questionable at best.

By doing that it means I can turn Gibcus into Lyons/Berry pretty easily in one trade, I'd need 70 to 100k in the bank though.  Looking at your team you could achieve that by grabbing Touk Miller for one of the other mids

Ringo

Thanks Matt I have 100k as I bit the bullet and dropped Lazzaro to Mannagh and banked the $59k.  Think I may need some cash to fix later.

Looking at your suggestion and has some merit I can move Daicos to mids at expense of Rozee and then bring in Stewart/Sicily and then trade Gibcus,  Something to think on.

Ringo

Some how my update for Rd 1 did not get into here so reconstructing it.

Score: 2,127
Round Rank: 43,289
Cash $101.300

Rd 1 Team

Good: Daicos, Sheezel, Howes, Bont, Serong, Rozee. McKercher, Roberts, Windsor, Gawn, Flanders,Fyfe, Jordon, Reid, Wilson, Dempsey. Livingstone as c
Pass: Liberatore, Sexton, Dawson
Bad: Grundy, Young
Ugly: Williams, Coffield, Gibcus, Reid, Sanders, Clark, Fisher, Mannagh

No trades this week - Will trade Mannagh/Clark to Cadman if not named or sub. GWS play last game

Another week to observe players as well. Massimo, Hore, Billings, Heeney etc. May use boost with action on Gibcus, Reid and Fisher probably required.

Mat0369

Starting Dempsey looks to be a really shrewd move. He had a great round 1 and a lot of people will scramble to trade him in if he backs it up again. Serong also turned out to be an excellent early pcik with the massive 170.

Guys like Heeney and Billings will see a price rise this week, I think if you're going to grab one or both, this is the week to do it. You also need to be carful to not burn the cash needed to upgrade Gibcus to D'Ambrosio next week.

I know you're trying to stay away from the Round 0 players, but have you contemplated Dawson to Rowell? It's jumping early off Dawson but it is more to pocket the cash and get in Rowell before the price jump. Tom Green is the other that has had the hot start.

Personally I think holding Fisher this week is a good play looking at your structure. He will be a bit of a roller coaster, but you have options next week with Windsor to your forward line and he could very easily become Bonner or Lyons while pocketing some cash.

I'd probably take the risk this week and turn Gibcus into D'Ambrosio and Reid into Hore allowing you to fix up to 3 of Fisher/Young/Dawson/Clark/Mannagh if they all flop again next week.

Ringo

Really no need with best 18 and gives the opportunity to observe all options as well as observing 2nd games of some to see if roles changed and first round an anomaly.

So Basically a couple of options I am considering:
1. No Trade
2. Gibcus to Massimo only
3. Gibcus to Massimo  Fisher to Billings Cash remaining 162K
4. Gibcus to Massimo  Fisher to Cadman Cash remaining 278K

Only reason for Billings and Cadman both on the bubble this week. Decisions/Decisions

Mat0369

I don't like the look of Fish on an extended bench with McDonald back in. He has to go. Billings is the higher upside guy to Cadman so I'd lean towards option 3. With Hunter and Spargo both a few weeks away he should avoid the vest.

arbel

I'd look at Fisher to Berry. He's going to make some good cash and the way GC playing seems to be good for him. It brings in another R3 bye player but with best 18 I think he is the one to bring in. Cadman will rely too much on goals I think, Billings could be good but think Berry will make the better cash unless you think Billings can finish as a top FWD

Ringo

Ended up doing Fisher to Berry and Gibcus to Maximus.  Have 242k in bank to fix issues. Young needs to go does not look like a keeper at this stage. Young to Stewart/Ryan is what I am looking at.

Ringo

Not the best week

Score: 1,866
Round Rank: 68,118 down 24,829
Cash $242,400

Trades - Gibcus to D'Ambrosio and Fisher to T Berry

Rd 2 Team

Good: Sheezel, D'Ambrosio, Bontempelli, Liberatore, Serong, Roberts. McKercher, Sanders, Gawn, Flanders, Jordon, Reid,
Average: Howes, Clark, Grundy,Dempsey, Wilson
Bad: Mannagh, Rozee, Dawson, Sexton
Ugly: Daicos, Young, Coffield, Windsor, Berry - Trading Fisher to Berry, Selecting Rozee over Butters and Laird over Dawson

Structure is sound but what to do now.

Dawson disposal is holding back but will stick with him as surely it improves.
Young is a real worry and needs to go.
Fyfe is a watch due to comments on managing back issue. Freo play at home this week so keep.
Berry was a trap which I fell into and has made cash to enable trading out. 

Trade options for this week pending team announcements:
Option 1 Young to Stewart, Berry to Powell
Option 2 Young to Ryan, Berry to Powell
Option 3 Young to Ryan, Berry to Powell, Rozee to Butters as a correction.
Option 4 Options 1 or 2 with depending on injury reports Coffield to Pink/Draper can wait a week for Draper.

Darcy if he continues form for Dogs a downgrade option in forwards hard to see Lobb coming back.
Missing Carroll but can not get all the cows.

Could go Dawson down to Steele but I think Dawson may be better long term although Steele looking goods for Saints,  So maybe another week and if no improvement then consider the sideways trade to Miller or Steele. 

arbel

I think option 1 is the way to go and wait and see Coffield report. Although it sounds like it could be bad. It's the shoulder he's hurt before and the incident looked pretty innocuous so could be out a while.

Bully

Quote from: arbel on March 25, 2024, 01:29:11 PMI think option 1 is the way to go and wait and see Coffield report. Although it sounds like it could be bad. It's the shoulder he's hurt before and the incident looked pretty innocuous so could be out a while.

Agree, Stewart the pick of the defenders.

I would also do Rozee to Butters, if it wasn't for the backline carnage I'd be all over Butters, brilliant user of the football.