10th Hyundai A-League Season

Started by Luigi197, October 07, 2014, 08:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukes

Tominator

What a week down at the Hunter Valley... thrashed 7-0 to Adelaide; lost Marcos Flores, Andrew Hoole and Scott Gallaway to transfers; the players threatening to boycott training and a revolt against Phil Stubbins. So Stubbins goes to his mate Tinkler up in Brisbane and nek minnit...

3 assistant coaches sacked and 5 players - Adrian Madaschi, captain Kew Jaliens, Billy Celeski, David Carney and Joel Griffiths  - all have their contracts terminated.

Newcastle are fast becoming the next Gold Coast United. FFA are gonna have to revoke Tinkler's licence soon.

Something about obese mining magnates and A-League clubs don't go together..

nrich102

Get rid of Newcastle... Wheres the next team going to come from?

BRING IN THE FNQ HEAT!!!!

shaker

Such a train wreck could only happen in the A league ha ha what a joke

Rusty00

Quote from: Holz on December 17, 2014, 01:36:08 PM
Quote from: The_Captain on December 17, 2014, 01:25:15 PM
Quote from: Holz on December 17, 2014, 01:10:09 PM
Quote from: The_Captain on December 17, 2014, 01:04:54 PM
Quote from: Holz on December 17, 2014, 01:01:03 PM
well played Adelaide, looking a huge threat for the title this year.

Not if the final is played in Perth  ::)

than its a lock as glory will be the opponent who fill find a way not to win.

Not again Holz  :P. We will have Nicholls and Hershi back by then too  ;)

will wait till Adelaide or Victory win the title for my next post about Glory :)
Can we have your next post now instead Holz? :P

nrich102

Perth can't win without cheating lol :P

Saying that, the salary cap is stupid and should be removed. The A League can't be a world class league with it.

Holz

Quote from: Rusty00 on April 10, 2015, 08:06:54 PM
Quote from: Holz on December 17, 2014, 01:36:08 PM
Quote from: The_Captain on December 17, 2014, 01:25:15 PM
Quote from: Holz on December 17, 2014, 01:10:09 PM
Quote from: The_Captain on December 17, 2014, 01:04:54 PM
Quote from: Holz on December 17, 2014, 01:01:03 PM
well played Adelaide, looking a huge threat for the title this year.

Not if the final is played in Perth  ::)

than its a lock as glory will be the opponent who fill find a way not to win.

Not again Holz  :P. We will have Nicholls and Hershi back by then too  ;)

will wait till Adelaide or Victory win the title for my next post about Glory :)
Can we have your next post now instead Holz? :P

They haven't won yet, worried about Sydney.

The sad thing is now glory fans will say they would have won without the ban.

strikes91

Quote from: nrich102 on April 11, 2015, 06:44:45 AM

Saying that, the salary cap is stupid and should be removed. The A League can't be a world class league with it.

Imagine Melbourne City, then think of Newcastle and Central Coast

that's why we have a salary cap

nrich102

Quote from: strikes91 on April 11, 2015, 10:17:28 AM

Imagine Melbourne City, then think of Newcastle and Central Coast

that's why we have a salary cap
Yeah, I can see that. But do we want the aleague to be worldclass or some league nobody's heard about?

elephants

lol, so Sydney lose three points and cop a fine but Glory are kicked out of finals?

Sick, seems fair.

tbagrocks

;)   also the limit on foreigners

Imagine if Gena bought the best ten players in the world at one club :o  She wont because she's a cow but

Plus dudes like Cahill could suck up his pride, stop being a greedy dick and come back and play here ::)  We need the very best talent we can get and blokes like Cahill aren't helping

nrich102

Quote from: tbagrocks on April 12, 2015, 02:38:15 PM

;)   also the limit on foreigners

Imagine if Gena bought the best ten players in the world at one club :o  She wont because she's a cow but

Plus dudes like Cahill could suck up his pride, stop being a greedy dick and come back and play here ::)  We need the very best talent we can get and blokes like Cahill aren't helping
Not only guys like Cahill, but someone like Lucas Niell as well a few years back.

I see why we have all these salary cap things, but if guys like Tinkler want to own sports clubs they kind of deserve to lose...

Clubs will do what they have to do to achieve what they want. If that means getting sold to people with more money I think it will happen.

The_Captain

Quote from: elephants on April 11, 2015, 11:41:06 PM
lol, so Sydney lose three points and cop a fine but Glory are kicked out of finals?

Sick, seems fair.

haters gon hate. If we were based in a state such an melbourne or Sydney, we'd still be battling for top spot over our last couple games!

Holz

Ok I finally say it.

As predicted glory do nothing and Melbourne take out the title. The only annoying thing is Perth fans will say it was the ban.

You break the salary cap and still couldnt beat victory.

Luigi197

Quote from: Luigi197 on October 07, 2014, 08:38:02 PM

Luigis tips:
1. Melbourne Victory
2. Adelaide
3. WSW
4. Brisbane
5. Melbourne City
6. Sydney
7. CCM
8. Perth
9. Wellington
10. Newcastle

Golden Boot: Berisha, followed closely by David Williams, Cirio and whoever plays the most games from Sydney's strikers.

^^My tips from before the season.

Compared to the actual results:

1. Victory
2. Sydney
3. Adelaide
4. Wellington
5. City
6. Brisbane
*7. Perth
8. CCM
9. WSW.
10. Newcastle.

Golden Boot: Janko (16), Berisha (15), Burns (13), Keogh (12)

--------------
Not sure how to judge my judgement on Perth. I didn't tip them to make the 6, and well according to the strict rules, they didn't legally? Obviously i overestimated WSW early on and underestimated Wellington and Sydney. But besides that ladder predictions weren't far off. Got Premier and Wooden Spoon winners correct aha. Got so close on tipping Berisha as the golden boot winner, and technically did get Janko right?? Williams and Cirio obviously didn't bag as many as i'd predicted, Cirio with third in the league for assists though.

--

Even as a City fan i must congratulate Victory for the win. Thoroughly deserved.