10th Hyundai A-League Season

Started by Luigi197, October 07, 2014, 08:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Quote from: elephants on May 22, 2015, 10:25:50 AM
Haha oh well, good work. The title was tainted. Glory was easily the best team all season until they were found guilty of a salary cap breach.

Funny that when Sydney FC were found guilty they were only fined 44k and docked three points.

But when Glory were found guilty and were fined 269k and banned from finals.

Oh yeah, seems fair.

keep your list together than you should romp it and win the title easy.

The_Captain

Quote from: Luigi197 on May 21, 2015, 06:55:31 PM
One fact is that Glory would not have had the same size and talent squad if they were under the normal salary cap rules.

It's one player.... No difference. Hershi was injured all year and Sidney is crap. Cut them 2 out and we are under.

Victory can celebrate knowing there the 2nd best side and won against the 3rd best. If they can celebrate that good on them.

Holz

Ahh bitter glory fans. I can understand never having won anything could make you that way, given how good westcoast has been.

The_Captain

pretty successful in early 2000s in Nsl.

West coast look pretty good to be right about now...

Definitely been a lot longer between drinks for The roos... what 99? 16 years, than us 8 years 06. The questions remains but how long will that keep ticking over until the fold/ bankrupt?

elephants

Quote from: Holz on May 22, 2015, 02:36:14 PM
Ahh bitter glory fans. I can understand never having won anything could make you that way, given how good westcoast has been.

Its tough when you've got 2-3 teams placed on a pedestal, if only we were based in the Eastern states dammit!

Luigi197

Dayum the bitterness is real.

But has someone done their research in when and how exactly Glory went over the cap?

I in fact believe that signing Keogh put them just over the salary cap already; but they still decided to buy Marinkovic next anyway. (or maybe it was switch those two names around, but the point remains).

Those two combined is somewhere around 75% of your goals scored, therefore likely around 60% of points on the ladder was due to them, and hence due to cheating.

PS: I do not support Victory in the A-league.

elephants

Why were our penalties immensely harsher than Sydney FCs payments to Dwight Yorke?

Jukes

Other states are so threatened by WA's sporting dominance over their poverty-stricken states (Freo going to win the flag by a country mile, BBL champs, 50-over champs, best shield side, best a-league side, best Aussie NBL side, that f1 bloke...) that they have to go into damage control, lmao

The_Captain

Quote from: Luigi197 on May 25, 2015, 10:46:44 PM

But has someone done their research in when and how exactly Glory went over the cap?

I in fact believe that signing Keogh put them just over the salary cap already; but they still decided to buy Marinkovic next anyway. (or maybe it was switch those two names around, but the point remains).

Those two combined is somewhere around 75% of your goals scored, therefore likely around 60% of points on the ladder was due to them, and hence due to cheating.

From what i undertstand it was part of Keooghs contract that sent us over. Coupel of hundre thous. And then some extra payments that went to Mclaren.

Marinkovic is the markee player, from my understanding there salary isnt counted in cap. Every team allowed 1. So not sure where you spilling you BS from mate..

Luigi197

Quote from: The_Captain on May 26, 2015, 11:16:09 AM

From what i undertstand it was part of Keooghs contract that sent us over. Coupel of hundre thous. And then some extra payments that went to Mclaren.

Marinkovic is the markee player, from my understanding there salary isnt counted in cap. Every team allowed 1. So not sure where you spilling you BS from mate..

haha its all g mate chillax. regardless though, i still think that i not even you know fully the financial stats of who was being paid under and over the cap. but the fact that glory had players playing on the field, when according to the law they shouldn't have been there, hence renders their goals, assists, points, minutes; obsolete. therefore unworthy of appearing in finals over those who followed the laws.

The_Captain

Quote from: Luigi197 on May 26, 2015, 10:30:11 PM

haha its all g mate chillax. regardless though, i still think that i not even you know fully the financial stats of who was being paid under and over the cap. but the fact that glory had players playing on the field, when according to the law they shouldn't have been there, hence renders their goals, assists, points, minutes; obsolete. therefore unworthy of appearing in finals over those who followed the laws.
I think Keogh had about 250k deposited into his wife's account. On top of his salary which was around 250k as counted in salary cap. So we were 250 over there. And I think Mclaren had certain things paid for... Amounting to around 50k.

Some of those sides in the finals were a disgrace to watch..,, we could of had 6 out and still competed better than them!

Holz

Quote from: The_Captain on May 26, 2015, 11:20:49 PM
Quote from: Luigi197 on May 26, 2015, 10:30:11 PM

I think Keogh had about 250k deposited into his wife's account. On top of his salary which was around 250k as counted in salary cap. So we were 250 over there. And I think Mclaren had certain things paid for... Amounting to around 50k.

Some of those sides in the finals were a disgrace to watch..,, we could of had 6 out and still competed better than them!

Victory just made everyone look ordinary.

might have needed 16 against them, not 6