Ringos Team Thread 2024

Started by Ringo, January 25, 2024, 10:26:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Commencing my 2024 Team Thread

This is initial Team lodged in SC

Comments:
Defence: Although Daicos plays Rd 0 feel he is a must to start with. Coleman could possibly be a keeper as the obvious Rich Replacement in Lions team and shown what could be with his GF performance. Williams and Chapman underpriced for what they are capable of and should make decent cash to remain as keeper or stepping stone,
Mids: Pretty self explanatory guns and rookies. Petracca and Walsh upgrade targets due to playing Rd ) and early byes, Curtin selected to allow Daicos to swing to mids if need be,
Rucks: To hard to ignore the GG combination despite playing Rd 0. Also gives 4/5 games to see who may be the Top tuck and allow a trade if need be at their byes,
FWDS: This is the difficult area as no real standouts apart from Macrae so going cheap here with rookies and Lynch and Harmes are possibly underpriced for what they can do. Macrae still a watch though.

10 keepers at this stage with Coleman possible.
Byes
Grundy, Daicos with Rd 5 Bye and Gawn Rd 6.
Prems major bye structures
Rd 12 1 + Coleman
Rd 13 2
Rd 14 3
Rd 15 4
Not too bad at this stage,

40 trades and 5 boosts sounds good but as we know not always that simple.

Mat0369

I agree that the forward line is the spot to go cheap this year with very limited stand out options and guys possibly getting DPP down the track. There also appear to be enough good cheap and mid price options that you can load up on other lines. I think backs are a bit in the same boat, grab a couple of the top guys and then load up on cheaper options.

I still think your best bet is to grab the best available players heading into the season and not worry about the Opening Round so much. It will be best 18 through those bye weeks and I think if guys have a big game during that round it's essentially a free hit knowing they will climb in price. It's not going to deter me from picking Grundy, Daicos etc. unless they get injured.

Ringo

This is my sitting team till the preseason matches are complete when we will get a decent look at which rookies may start and changes of position eg Sexton of HB.

Injuries to players and effect on others reason for change eg Sicily drops an average of 10ppg when Blanc does bit play.

Couple of tossups Dawson v Laird and Rozee v Butters,  Gone with Dawson and Rozee at the moment as possible PODS.

Taking a risk with 4 RD0 prems Gawn Grundy to cheap to ignore, not starting Nick Daicos frought with danger. Petracca may make way for Parish though.

Daniel added to forwrad line as I think he will benefit from Bailey Smiths injury and uncertainity with Macrae

Mat0369

Macrae apparently hit full training this week but I don't hate the Daniel pick. When he is up and going he will probably be close to the top bracket of forwards. Interesting pick with Rozee, I think if one of he or Butters takes the next step it's Butters. With Wines going back inside I don't know if it hurts either one and their scoring output.

Ringo

Gee this team has changed a lot over the last couple of weeks and will be basis of sitting team till Rd 1,  Couple still to be observed Rd 0 Miller, Williams, Lohmann (confirm his role),  Sexton has the HB role looking at Suns team.

Quite a few changes especially with mid pricers and rookies putting hands up with decent scores but can not fit them all in. Billings done basically due to being sub last night.

Using Rawlinson as floating donut to allow some cash gain from Naismith. If Naismith is named for Rd 1 with Nankervis he stays if not will revert to Livingstone and upgrade Rawlinson.

11 prems = Fisher?

Prem Bye Structure
Rd 2 Fisher?
Rd 3 Miller
Rd 5 Grundy, Daicos
Rd 6 Gawn
Rd 12 Grundy, LDU, Sheezel
Rd 13 Rozee, Young, Serong
Rd 14 Gawn, Miller
Rd 14 Daicos, Bont, Dawson

Happy with that especially with best 18 and 40 trades

arbel

I was going to say what's the plan with Rawlinson, cos doubtful he'll get a game but makes sense.
I have a feeling once nank back naismith score will drop but with 40 trades worth the punt

Mat0369

I feel the 5 on the bench and announcing the sub later is going to be a disaster for SC. Lohmann ended up with the vest tonight and I feel like a few of these round 1 rookies will be in the same boat.

Ringo

Have looked at draw thoroughly and realise that do not really need a loophole so will be looking at having all playing rookies on field and can use Rawlinson or Livingstone as a downgrade option after byes,

Mat0369

What are your thoughts on Lyons as a potential mid price option? He is 250k and he looked really good the other night. I worry about the vest, but other than Dev Robertson is there someone that is a threat to his spot? McKenna will come in and replace Coleman when fit, Doedee is a key defender and I'd say Lester is the threat to lose his spot there and Ashcroft is out for a while with the ACL.

Ringo

Thanks Matt you are correct with what you say. I honestly thought vest was a toss up between Ah Chee and Lyons so was surprised went to Lohman,  Was correct in that both Lyons and Ah Chee played well.
Robertson as you say probably only the real threat to position and will depend whether we persist with 3 talls forward as well.

Mat0369

I don't think Gardiner worked in the forward line at all and he may drop out of the team entirely if Doedee is fit. Lyons is really tempting me with his scoring history over someone like Fyfe.

Ringo

Doedee will not return till rd 4 at least.

arbel

Thinking about this more is Rawlinson needed at all? You are using him as a floating donut but in the next 6 rounds only 2 rounds have all teams playing? With the teams having byes could use them as the donuts and Naismith has the bye in Round 6. By then Nankervis back so his scoring may dry out and can trade out for cash. In that case could change Rawlinson to scoring rookie and make more cash.

Mat0369

Agreed, I wouldn't be chasing a floating donut unless my VC goes absolutely nuts, even then I'd be more inclined to grab someone that looks to be on the cusp of an early game that missed out

Ringo

After looking at draw decided against the floating donut. If Naismith stays in team when Nank named he will stay but if not he will be downgraded to Maley or Livingstone.

Have played around a little as well since with some more news coming out and some Rd 0 scores too hard to ignore.  This will be the rd 1 Team pending rookies being named. Tossed the coin Butters over Rozee and Dawson over Laird.  Brought Dempsey in with the Rohan injury news as his JS got a little bit more secure,

Bye Structure
Early Byes
Rd 2 Z Williams
Rd 3 Flanders, Sexton, Cadman
Rd 5 Daicos, Roberts, Grundy, Jordan
Rd 6 Gibcus, Howes, Gawn, Naismith

Main Byes
Rd 12 Sheezel,Grunbdy, Fisher, Jordan, McKercher, Roberts, Cadman (7)
Rd 13 Young, Butters, Serong, Fyfe (4)
Rd 14 Gawn, Flanders, Williams, Howes, Z Reid, Clark, H Reid, Sexton, Dempsey (9)
Ed 15 Daicos, Bontempelli,Liberatore, Dawson, Gibcus, Coffield, Sanders, Hustwaite, Wilson, Naismith, (10)
Obviously a lot will be traded out but will keep an eye on keepers? being traded in.

So we wait till Wednesday/Thursday for teams to be named,