Main Menu

Melbourne Discussion

Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Quote from: LF on February 25, 2017, 11:05:37 AM
There you go Purps
http://m.afl.com.au/news/2017-02-24/mitch-kings-pain-could-be-joel-smiths-gain-at-melbourne

:D

I was at an interstate members function last year before the game in Round 14 I think, and the only available Melbourne players that could come was Mitch King and Joel Smith. Ever since then, I've been a bit of a fan of Smiddy  8)

Hunt/Howe hybrid I tells ya!

elephants

So lads how much halfback flank did Nathan Jones actually play last week and can you see it continuing with guys like Viney, Brayshaw, Tyson and I suppose eventually Tracca coming through??

I'll be monitoring closely today I think

LF

Quote from: elephants on February 25, 2017, 01:43:30 PM
So lads how much halfback flank did Nathan Jones actually play last week and can you see it continuing with guys like Viney, Brayshaw, Tyson and I suppose eventually Tracca coming through??

I'll be monitoring closely today I think

I hope he plays mid/defence all season,would love it quite a lot of he got DPP haha

Purple 77

I reckon Jones could easily be playing off the half back, similar to what he did the other day. All of Jones, Vince and Lewis played off the back at different stages, so just going on that game alone, they all could be D/M at some stage in the future.

Vince said the other day that the younger players will be playing more mid time this year.

But too early to tell really. Jones will definitely play at least a little off the back line though IMO

Rusty00

So, Angus Brayshaw dropped. Seems a surprise from the outside. Is it a surprise to Demons supporters?

GoLions

Quote from: Rusty00 on April 07, 2017, 05:40:47 PM
So, Angus Brayshaw dropped. Seems a surprise from the outside. Is it a surprise to Demons supporters?
Well, he was fairly garbage last week. Was alright the week before though, so seems a bit weird.

Toga

Just looked lost last week. Kept finding himself out of position and couldn't get his hands on it. Might be a move to get him some confidence back in the twos.

Purple 77

Quote from: Rusty00 on April 07, 2017, 05:40:47 PM

Definitely not surprised. If I'm honest, I've harboured concerns about his ball winning ability for a while now. I'm comfortable about what he does with it though.

Demonland are normally quite vocal about things like this. But they're kinda like "Hmm. Yes, Gus." - not wanting to tear him to shreds haha.

Hell have no fury like Demonland.

RaisyDaisy

Toga

Does Melbourne usually not have sponsors on the back of their guernseys? Looked weird :P

Toga

Purple 77

Sigh.

Quote from: Toga on April 09, 2017, 11:04:29 PM
Does Melbourne usually not have sponsors on the back of their guernseys? Looked weird :P

Peter Jackson just trying to get the best deal haha. I seem to be the only one that doesn't notice

elephants

He's got 3 days leave, he didn't do anything illegal.

Assuming there is nothing in his contract about not smoking (which I am 95% sure there wouldn't be) he's fine.

Annoying though as this will be another massive media beat up.

Gigantor

Quote from: elephants on April 10, 2017, 10:39:06 AM

Assuming there is nothing in his contract about not smoking (which I am 95% sure there wouldn't be) he's fine.

No supplement saga and the West Coast drug story got no traction so they are trying to created drama

Purple 77

Quote from: elephants on April 10, 2017, 10:39:06 AM

Oh good, these were my thoughts too but I thought I was too biased to really make a comment :P