Main Menu

Melbourne Discussion

Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barra13

Big Mac

Amazing that Michie had 9 inside 50s but couldn't lay a single tackle

He'll be one to go at end of year surely, probably joining Grimes Newton Terls and maybe Maxy King from that list

Also anyone know how long Dunn has on his contract? Probably keep him as depth either way but just curious

Purple 77

Quote from: Big  Mac on July 05, 2016, 07:00:50 PM
Amazing that Michie had 9 inside 50s but couldn't lay a single tackle

He'll be one to go at end of year surely, probably joining Grimes Newton Terls and maybe Maxy King from that list

Also anyone know how long Dunn has on his contract? Probably keep him as depth either way but just curious

Dunn is definitely contracted for next year... then I think that's it.

Garland doesn't come out until the end of 2018 either  :-X

I'm disappointed about Newton, I really thought he had an upside. But... he just hasn't been improving like I wanted him to, and is leaving his name open to be delisted.

Definitely Terlich is delisted. I'd also say Grimes, Newton, Max King, Michie, JKH,.... MAYBE Matt Jones, but I think he's saved his career for now. Dawes is also a big chance to be "told to retire", and I expect Pedersen to be given another contract.

Barra13

2016: Dawes, Trengove, Newton, T McDonald, O McDonald, Garlett, Pedersen, Kent, M Jones, Terlich           
Restricted: Watts, Grimes           
Unrestricted: Jetta               
Rookies: Max King, Wagner, Smith, White, Michie

2017: Dunn, Hogan, Salem, Lumumba, Kennedy-Harris, Kennedy, Frost, Spencer, Mitch King, vandenBerg, Weideman, Hulett, Tyson, Stretch, Neal-Bullen            

2018: Vince, Petracca, Gawn, Garland, Brayshaw, Hunt, Harmes, Bugg       

2019: N Jones, Melksham, Oliver       

2020: Viney   

Purple 77

Garlett signed a contract extension earlier in the year, and Jetta signed on just the other day, but other than that that list seems right.

IMO, this is what I think WILL happen, not necessarily what I WANT to happen

Dawes - 1 year contract
Trengove - 1 year contract
Newton - delisted
T Mac - long term contract
O Mac - long term contract
Pedersen - 1 year contract
Kent - I just got a feeling he'll ask for a trade... just a gut feeling
M Jones - 1 year contract
Terlich - delisted
Watts - long term contract :D
Grimes - delisted/free agent
Max King - delisted
Wagner - 2 year contract
Joel Smith - another rookie year
White - another rookie year
Michie - delisted

Purple 77

Am I immature for laughing at this?

Please tell me its obvious though? Come on?!

Big Mac

Purple 77

Thoughts on Hibberd Melbourne trust?

I reckon he'd be a great get, but I question our NEED for another half-back. Still, can't have enough good players.

I still hold out just a LITTLE bit of hope we are luring Hurley quietly behind the scenes  :-X

Purple 77

GREAT NEWS

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-07-15/speedy-demon-dean-kent-inks-new-deal-at-the-club

Not sure what's better; him re-signing, or that he is the best mate of a certain someone...

Big Mac

anyone able to give a summary of sunday's game? was overseas

also keen to know how White played

Purple 77

My take:

Eerily similar to our last encounter, except we kept Riewoldt somewhat subdued.

We were great in the first quarter; couldn't really fault it tbh.

Then, we were absolutely dreadful (with the help of St Kilda's immense pressure). We couldn't get a clean possession all quarter, and struggled to make any meaningful forward entries.

This continued in the third, but St Kilda didn't capitalise on their early dominance, and we were able to FINALLY get a few goals with a good patch towards the end of the quarter. Luckily Membrey missed a shot at 3QT, as that would have made for an embarrassing team error. Gawn but particular Viney stood up exceptionally. You could SEE Viney's leadership... god he's a gun.

But noop, our fourth quarter was just... bad. St Kilda applied great pressure from the second quarter onwards though, but I hate how it was the second time we made Tim Membrey look good.

TMac continued his good form IMO, Viney was our best, Gawn's couple of goals levelled him with Hickey, otherwise Hickey had more influence.

Mitch White... yeah. He didn't look like anything special IMO, and he could get dropped.

Big Mac

thanks man  :)

I was furious when i checked at 3QT and saw Membrey had 4

seems like Brayshaw also had a decent return

Purple 77

Yeah Brayshaw was steady throughout, he earns another game IMO.

Petracca was exceptional early, but faded a tad. That was their first game together! Crazy.

Big Mac

interesting that caleb, mills and parish have overtaken tracca in the rising star markets

honestly I can't really see him losing after the hype about him

GoLions

Quote from: Purple 77 on July 20, 2016, 08:54:17 PM
Yeah Brayshaw was steady throughout, he earns another game IMO.

Petracca was exceptional early, but faded a tad. That was their first game together! Crazy.
Yeah, we all saw the tweets :P