Melbourne Discussion

Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

As long as Clayton plays, I'm happy 8)

tbagrocks

Quote from: Purple 77 on May 04, 2016, 06:59:48 PM
Probably for the best  :(

Brayshaw was never a chance to come back in this week anyway. But Salem hurts  :-\
Over to you Petracca and maybe Trengove? :o

Purple 77

Quote from: tbagrocks on May 04, 2016, 08:01:06 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on May 04, 2016, 06:59:48 PM
Probably for the best  :(

Brayshaw was never a chance to come back in this week anyway. But Salem hurts  :-\
Over to you Petracca and maybe Trengove? :o

Trenners apparently hasn't even been considered  :o we're taking the ultra ultra cautious approach.

But hey, good opportunity for ANB perhaps.

Quote from: GoLions on May 04, 2016, 07:01:39 PM
As long as Clayton plays, I'm happy 8)

Lock him in GL  8)

Barra13

For thos asking about Trenners...

MELBOURNE midfielder Jack Trengove is edging closer to an AFL return after two years in the football wilderness.

Trengove, the second pick in the 2009 draft, hasn't featured at senior level for the Demons since round two of the 2014 season due to a chronic foot injury.

But after two operations to fix career-threatening bone fractures, the 24-year-old has strung together four games at VFL level this season.

Coach Paul Roos is heartened by Trengove's progress and said the next step is up to the former club co-captain.

"I had a chat to him last week and told that I'd purposely left him alone ... it's almost a case of him coming to us when he feels like he's comfortable and saying that he really wants to put his hand up for senior selection," Roos said.

"He's said that he's loving being back out there and I said to come and knock on my door when he thinks he's ready.

"Then (we'll talk about) what he really needs to work on to play AFL as opposed to just letting him play (VFL) and enjoy it.

"(But) it's a credit to him the way he's been playing."

After being knocked out early in his first VFL game of the year, Trengove has been named in Casey's best players for the past three weeks.

But Roos will continue to take a conservative approach with the talented onballer, who along with ruckman Max Gawn, are the only players still at the club from the 2009 draft.

The coach's more immediate concerns are planning for a rare trip to the Gold Coast to take on the Suns at Metricon Stadium on Saturday night.

Roos is demanding a more balanced approach from his side after they lost a shootout to St Kilda last weekend.

"Having opened up our scoring sometimes it opens up our defence," he said.

"I think we've spoken about balance here a lot, trying to get the balance right, and on the weekend we were still able to score and put pressure on but defensively we were really poor."

Melbourne and Gold Coast sit just outside the top eight with 3-3 win-loss records this season, but the Suns are coming off a 120-point mauling at the hands of Geelong.

Big Mac

Thought this was interesting

HOTA numbers:

1. Gawn: 113

2. Nic Nat: 74

Purple 77

That would be his advantage over Goldstein (assuming he keeps it up) when it comes to deciding All-Australian selection.

I still can't believe his rise to dominance. This time last year, he was out of contract coming to the end of the year and trying to prove his worth at Casey. I think I even thought that he might get delisted at the end of the year  :-X

Now, he is arguably our most important player really.

Purple 77

VFL game just finished.

We won REALLY well. I mean, you could just take Weideman's score and it would have been enough  :-X

Weideman 4.0.24 to the Northern Blues 2.6.18

Newton had a blinder

Big Mac

38 disposals  8)

Picked the worst week to do it though ahah

Purple 77

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-05-10/viney-remains-a-demon-until-2020

Legend. In the same sentence as Jones as the spiritual leader at Melbourne.

Purple 77

Gee, I tell ya what the media are atrocious.

It's got to the point already when Hogan makes a trip to perth to see his family, and it's pumped up by the media that it was to meet with Fremantle to discuss his next contract  ::)

I feel angry for him. This contract talk so far out from his contract expiration is UNPRECEDENTED

You just feel like it will be an ever growing distraction for him  :-\

Ricochet

Quote from: Purple 77 on May 11, 2016, 10:35:15 PM

It's got to the point already when Hogan makes a trip to perth to see his family, and it's pumped up by the media that it was to meet with Fremantle to discuss his next contract  ::)

I feel angry for him. This contract talk so far out from his contract expiration is UNPRECEDENTED

Didn't Buddy speak to Sydney a full year before he left? >:D

Haha just stirring mate :P

Purple 77

Quote from: Ricochet on May 12, 2016, 10:31:15 AM
Quote from: Purple 77 on May 11, 2016, 10:35:15 PM

Didn't Buddy speak to Sydney a full year before he left? >:D

Haha just stirring mate :P

Phwoah Ric, I'll have you!

:P

GoLions

Still in shock over Big Mac getting rid of Petracca in UT.

Barra13

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2016-05-12/spencer-secures-new-deal

Looks like after the Viney deal it could be the start of a few others doing the same.

Promising.

Purple 77

Huh. Well there you go!

We definitely need Spencer if we don't go to the trade table... and really, he does OK at AFL. He's a nice 2nd ruck to have tbh.