AXV OFFICIAL TRADE THREAD (2017/2018)

Started by Rids, August 30, 2017, 08:24:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Football Factory

Quote from: Rids on October 24, 2017, 02:05:39 PM
All trades have been processed now. Please advise if we have missed any.

Cheers
Rids

Not a missed trade or anything but a couple of club changes, A.Morgan (Nth) and N.Wilson (Fre)

Koop

Buzzer beater!

Taiwan trade: Liam Shiels + N16 + R11 + N53 + N61 + Nick O'Kearney

Mongolia trade: Bachar Houli + N21 + R19 + Cameron O'Shea

Will edit in reasoning in a sec

FTC to confirm.

fanTCfool

Quote from: Koop on November 20, 2017, 12:57:06 AM
Buzzer beater!

Taiwan trade: Liam Shiels + N16 + R11 + N53 + N61 + Nick O'Kearney

Mongolia trade: Bachar Houli + N21 + R19 + Cameron O'Shea

Will edit in reasoning in a sec

FTC to confirm.

Confirmed

Bachar is undoubtedly a premium, especially in this format, but we needed to add to our mids. Our defenders, on the other hand, are reasonably well-stocked. Picks and whatnot for balance and also assist our depleted list size. Buzzer.

Rids

Trade Period 2 is now open.

Before commencing please make sure your team lists are correct. Positions will be updated over the next few days.

All trades must be 1 for 1 this period. The rules state that there is a maximum of 5 for the period but if you have more movements remaining (from period 1) then you will be allowed to use those additional movements as has been the case since Colli ran AXV.

iZander

Llamas give: Jeremy cameron
Gazelles give: JPK

A few of my guys didnt get dpp which i was hoping for so a forward suits us well, llamas have a heap of forwards and was after a mid, JPK very consistent over many years, Jezza jumped up dramatically this year so hoping he can keep that up

tbagrocks

Quote from: iZander on December 08, 2017, 07:58:53 PM
Llamas give: Jeremy cameron
Gazelles give: JPK

A few of my guys didnt get dpp which i was hoping for so a forward suits us well, llamas have a heap of forwards and was after a mid, JPK very consistent over many years, Jezza jumped up dramatically this year so hoping he can keep that up
I think I did get a bit lucky with several MIDs gaining DPP, the chance to snare an outright midfielder who can replace he likes of Douglas in my midfield became good enough to trade my star forward. Given our list can challenge, I see it as a good strategic move

Confirmed

Atto

Hong Kong trades: Jack Bowes
Bangkok trades: Steven Motlop

HK got stitched up in the midfield after the revelations of the positions for 2018 so Steven Motlop will be a perfect M4/U1 if he gets back to his best at Port and Springfield were after a young defender, in which I have a surplus of. Win-win trade.

Rids to confirm.

Rids

Quote from: Atto on December 11, 2017, 02:06:54 PM
Hong Kong trades: Jack Bowes
Bangkok trades: Steven Motlop

HK got stitched up in the midfield after the revelations of the positions for 2018 so Steven Motlop will be a perfect M4/U1 if he gets back to his best at Port and Springfield were after a young defender, in which I have a surplus of. Win-win trade.

Rids to confirm.

Confirmed. Springfield is actually Bangkok haha.

Motlop has gone well over 110 in previous seasons and should get back to that at a new club. Crabs were smashed in the backline by the DPP allocations and were after a decent young defender and Bowes fit that nicely us. As everyone is aware, the midfield is our strongest line for depth so losing Motlop won't affect us to badly.

Hawka

The Eskimos trade: Aaron Sandilands
The Ales trade: Sam Hayes

Im happy with my rucks without Sandi, and Hayes adds some youth and a good back up to Ryder

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Hawka on December 11, 2017, 10:32:17 PM
The Eskimos trade: Aaron Sandilands
The Ales trade: Sam Hayes

Im happy with my rucks without Sandi, and Hayes adds some youth and a good back up to Ryder

Shame to give up one of the best rucks in the draft, but Lobb was robbed!

nostradamus

Ok a new version of that last failed trade

Bangkok give: David Swallow + Shaun Atley
Hong Kong give: Jack Bowes + Josh Dunkley

Atto to confirm

Atto

Quote from: nostradamus on December 15, 2017, 11:20:43 PM
Ok a new version of that last failed trade

Bangkok give: David Swallow + Shaun Atley
Hong Kong give: Jack Bowes + Josh Dunkley

Atto to confirm

Confirm.

Nige

Yeah righto, this is getting a little ridiculous. There's only so long I can sit and watch this happen time and time again.

This revised trade is worse than the original version.

It's clear as day that the Dongs list is absolutely rooted. meow's suggestion when he wanted to apply was turned down, but was honestly the best thing that could have happened, but we're well past that now, so I'll get back on point.

You've got the Dongs given up two high quality youngsters. I'm not really gonna reach into stats, because they're not my thing and I'm better with words. Now, like I said before, the Dongs list is in such a bad position. The fact that Atto has to give up Jack Bowes + Josh Dunkley for an okay mid with injury history and a mediocre forward is beyond a joke. And what's more is that the team on the receiving end is the one with the best XV in the comp and the best list overall as well, so they're not even gonna miss Dwallow or the inferior Atley and instead, they get even more high quality young talent.

This comp's got an imbalance that's near impossible to fix. The rich get richer, the poor are left to try to make the most of a bad situation. From where I stand, what is probably an attempt to 'help' the Dongs looks more like the top team taking advantage of the struggling team and seeing an opportunity to raid talent. I'm not saying that's what is happening, that's just what it looks like to me.

I don't know what's happening behind the scenes, but I expected the Dongs list to have as radical a makeover as possible. Aggressive trading was necessary to help rebuild the list but I haven't seen that happen which is a little concerning. Overall activity in this comp isn't the greatest, which may have contributed to Atto's struggles, but then I hardly know if he's been active in trade talks either anyway.

I can't see a fix for what's going on, but something needs to happen. FF's response in Coop's thread speaks volumes and all I can say is that a trade of Swallow + Atley for Bowes + Dunkley isn't doing the Dongs or AXVs any favours going forward.

iZander

Quote from: Nige on December 16, 2017, 10:02:19 PM
Yeah righto, this is getting a little ridiculous. There's only so long I can sit and watch this happen time and time again.

This revised trade is worse than the original version.

It's clear as day that the Dongs list is absolutely rooted. meow's suggestion when he wanted to apply was turned down, but was honestly the best thing that could have happened, but we're well past that now, so I'll get back on point.

You've got the Dongs given up two high quality youngsters. I'm not really gonna reach into stats, because they're not my thing and I'm better with words. Now, like I said before, the Dongs list is in such a bad position. The fact that Atto has to give up Jack Bowes + Josh Dunkley for an okay mid with injury history and a mediocre forward is beyond a joke. And what's more is that the team on the receiving end is the one with the best XV in the comp and the best list overall as well, so they're not even gonna miss Dwallow or the inferior Atley and instead, they get even more high quality young talent.

This comp's got an imbalance that's near impossible to fix. The rich get richer, the poor are left to try to make the most of a bad situation. From where I stand, what is probably an attempt to 'help' the Dongs looks more like the top team taking advantage of the struggling team and seeing an opportunity to raid talent. I'm not saying that's what is happening, that's just what it looks like to me.

I don't know what's happening behind the scenes, but I expected the Dongs list to have as radical a makeover as possible. Aggressive trading was necessary to help rebuild the list but I haven't seen that happen which is a little concerning. Overall activity in this comp isn't the greatest, which may have contributed to Atto's struggles, but then I hardly know if he's been active in trade talks either anyway.

I can't see a fix for what's going on, but something needs to happen. FF's response in Coop's thread speaks volumes and all I can say is that a trade of Swallow + Atley for Bowes + Dunkley isn't doing the Dongs or AXVs any favours going forward.

Koop

Yeah I'm not going to lie, I'm not sure this revised trade is any better than the original version either.

Josh Dunkley in 2016 averaged 9 points less than Swallow in 2017, is nowhere near as injury prone, and is 4 years younger at 21.

Swallow is a genuine quality player, but with 24 games in the last 3 years he's hardly a reliable option for Hong Kong either moving forward. Atto actually has a relatively young core at his disposal to make something happen, although I'm not sure going for immediate points at the sacrifice of a long-term revival is really the way to be going about it. There was no guarantee of a Motlop revival in the original trade, he had no scope for improvement, and truth be told, I don't see very much in Swallow either. Dunkley certainly has that scope, as does Bowes, both are still kids.

Atley wont ever get any better than he currently is, and wouldn't make any other forward line except for the Dongs, bit of a nothing move.

Put it this way, Bowes was taken at #3 in the AXV draft, while that was probably an overcompensation, I'd definitely still see him as worth a top 10 pick, or top 15 at worst. Dunkley I'd value 10-15 after this season, wouldve been a top 10 this time last season.

Swallow I would not give up a top 10 pick for if you gave me real life money, and Atley is worth chips, lets be honest.

This doesn't really sit right with me either.