West Coast 2018 Season Discussion Thread

Started by LF, March 15, 2018, 09:04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Trindacut

Quote from: elephants on August 05, 2018, 09:31:19 PM
Play on tbh, that's just footy

Haha, good joke.

Might be one of those rare occasions where police have to have a look at it as a potential criminal matter. Was very ordinary. Hopefully not, by all accounts Gaff is a pretty good bloke.

fanTCfool

Quote from: jvalles69 on August 05, 2018, 09:16:40 PM
Is that the end for Gaff in the yellow and blue?  :'(

Surely if Cotchin gets to play the grand final they only suspend Gaff for 4-5 weeks.

Cotchin would've got a $1500 fine for that whack today  ;D

GoLions

Gaff leaving to GWS to be with best mate Jezza Cameron confirmed.

nrich102

elephants

Quote from: fanTCfool on August 05, 2018, 10:25:34 PM

Surely if Cotchin gets to play the grand final they only suspend Gaff for 4-5 weeks.

Exactly haha

Quote from: Trindacut on August 05, 2018, 10:01:37 PM

Haha, good joke.

Might be one of those rare occasions where police have to have a look at it as a potential criminal matter. Was very ordinary. Hopefully not, by all accounts Gaff is a pretty good bloke.

Silly comment. Were cops involved with the Hall incident? Conca? Cameron?

It's a terrible act by Gaff, did he intentionally strike Brayshaw? Yes. Did he intend to hit him that well? Certainly not. Gaff is really shaken up and I hope hes all good. The media will grill the hell out of him and I think hes played his last game for West Coast.

5-6 weeks imo

RaisyDaisy

I dunno Ele, the club sticking by Gaff through this might just be what the doctor ordered in terms of him staying loyal and re-signing

5-6 weeks

4 would be very very lucky

elephants

Anything more than a $1000 fine and I'm calling Vic-bias AFL.

I hope so RD, but I can also see him wanting to get out of WA and have a fresh start now. :(

quinny88

Broken jaw and 4 broken teeth. He's looking at 6+

Could still play in a gf if west Coast were to make it but they would actually have to lose their first final for it to be possible

TomK

Quote from: fanTCfool on August 05, 2018, 10:25:34 PM

Nah Brayshaw probably gets the fine for hurting Cotchin's hand tbh

Trindacut

Quote from: quinny88 on August 06, 2018, 12:00:36 AM
Broken jaw and 4 broken teeth. He's looking at 6+

Could still play in a gf if west Coast were to make it but they would actually have to lose their first final for it to be possible

Would be an interesting proposition, him missing a GF by winning Week 1.

Precedent is Barry Hall's seven weeks for a similar type of off the ball punch. Barry had a bad record, but Brayshaw is more seriously injured.

Mat0369

Didn't Jonas get 6 for whacking Gaff? Probably has to be the same on precedent. If the AFL wants to get serious on this stuff it has to be 8+ soon enough. Last year they wanted to crack down on jumper punches that did 0 damage. When a guy takes a legit swing I wouldn't mind seeing them miss half the season from now on.

shaker

Cameron got 5 for badly concussing a player in a contest this is much different it's off the ball and the player has severe injuries , comparing it to Barry Hall ha ha that was eons ago I think the game has moved on a fair bit since then I would say his season is over and by the way I did hear the words " criminal charges " mentioned on this mornings news , it seems out of character for Gaff but don't think that is going to help him.

PowerBug

Brayshaw dropped the knees, played for the high contact clearly :o

At least 7 to rule him out for the year I think should be the punishment

elephants

Give him a 12 month ban, that way most of his ban will be served for his new club... :'(