West Coast 2018 Season Discussion Thread

Started by LF, March 15, 2018, 09:04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: elephants on May 28, 2018, 09:13:19 PM
Robert Walls just named us as the team most likely to play in the Grand Final.

Man that guy is such a flog

People still acknowledge his existence?

Team goes 9-1 and he makes that huge call - pure genius

j959

Quote from: elephants on May 28, 2018, 09:13:19 PM
Robert Walls just named us as the team most likely to play in the Grand Final.

Man that guy is such a flog
takes a big man to admit they're wrong! ;)

NicNat, as I wrote above ... the difference maker ...  ;)

Trindacut

Been doing better this year than I could have expected, interested to see if they can sustain this form going forward. Couple of pretty exciting young players too.

RaisyDaisy

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-06-21/exclusive-eagles-up-the-ante-to-keep-gaff

Encouraging article to read

If we can somehow secure all of Gaff, Gov and Slice I'd be stoked

Bill Manspeaker

Richmond vs West Coast grand final is pretty much a lock. you guys just gotta figure out how to beat Richmond at the G

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on June 21, 2018, 05:38:17 PM
Richmond vs West Coast grand final is pretty much a lock. you guys just gotta figure out how to beat Richmond at the G

I wish it was a lock, but too early to call

We now have Darling, JJK and Barass out - that's 3/5 of our spine - massive outs

Sydney can't be discounted too, and Geelong are erratic and capable of anything on any given day

iZander

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on June 21, 2018, 05:38:17 PM
lol

jvalles69

Think Bombers and Crows are prob the best games for those guys to miss, just hope they're all back before the GWS game!

Bill Manspeaker

West Coast and Richmond will finish 1 and 2 and I don't see anyone beating Richmond at the G or West Coast at Optus in their finals. it's donezo

Bill Manspeaker

iZander

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on June 21, 2018, 09:29:26 PM
you can thank me later Bombers fans
I’ll thank you now, gave me a good laugh before but this is even better...if we can hold on

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: iZander on June 21, 2018, 10:46:20 PM
Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on June 21, 2018, 09:29:26 PM
you can thank me later Bombers fans
I’ll thank you now, gave me a good laugh before but this is even better...if we can hold on
still don't think they'll lose a final over there though

RaisyDaisy

Not too worried about the actual loss, every year the top teams get rolled in a game they're expected to win

Our forward line though is a big concern. I can't remember the last time a team had their two forwards out at the same time, and it's clearly very difficult to cover such a loss

We looked horrible forward of ground and I don't know what we can do, the next couple of weeks are going to be difficult

If we can somehow get Barrass back next week then we can play Gov forward. McInnes and Lycett aren't good enough to play full time forward so we need Gov there until JJK returns or we're going to be in trouble especially with Adelaide in Adelaide, GWS and Collingwood coming up

j959

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on June 21, 2018, 11:46:43 PM
Not too worried about the actual loss, every year the top teams get rolled in a game they're expected to win

Our forward line though is a big concern. I can't remember the last time a team had their two forwards out at the same time, and it's clearly very difficult to cover such a loss

We looked horrible forward of ground and I don't know what we can do, the next couple of weeks are going to be difficult

If we can somehow get Barrass back next week then we can play Gov forward. McInnes and Lycett aren't good enough to play full time forward so we need Gov there until JJK returns or we're going to be in trouble especially with Adelaide in Adelaide, GWS and Collingwood coming up
yup, now you know how Freo fans feel and us before we paid Buddy $10mill … ;)

Ringo

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on June 21, 2018, 11:46:43 PM

Fair and honest assessment RD. Inside 50 count was 59 - 45 in favour of Eagles so that really is a damning stat when you were outclassed and coupled with woeful kicking for goal.