Marc Murphy
Ziebell
Mcevoy
Goodes
Christensen
Hawkins
Gumbleton
Folau

Ziebell should be right this week, the rest of them though... the first 6 are all easily in our best 15, as well as our fringe players and cover such as Dick and Grant who are coming back from injury, and need time to find form.

but that's a pretty mammoth injury list- 5/ 10 forwards injured, one rookie listed, 2 returning from injury... leaving me with only 2 fit fowards. Our 1-3 draft picks all out with LTIs doesn't help.

we're just... so injury riddled lol.

Ziplock

Quote from: Ricochet on June 02, 2012, 01:51:15 PM
Quote from: ShaynoB on June 02, 2012, 01:48:15 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on June 02, 2012, 01:43:33 PM
Apparently now Christensen has stretchered off during vfl game in a neck brace

Really? God I hope these late changes don't muck the team up by much. Can't flirt with players form and by the look of it they may need all the % they can get
Geelong Cats ‏@CatsInsider
"Allen Christensen has also been stretchered off the ground after a collision. Will have more details when they come to hand. #VFL"

1116 SEN Footy ‏@SENfooty
"Christensen head injury. Taken off on stretcher. Neck brace on."

Looks like Allen's return to the euros will be delayed even further. Best of luck to him.

Ziplock

VATICAN CTIY  VALKYRIES

17.16 118

Lost to

SERBIAN EAGLES

18.13 121

our first block buster with the eagles resulted in a yet another disappointing loss. The Valkyries don't like to cast blame or make excuses, but if we were, we would point very specifically to our extensive injury list.

3 votes go to Jack Riewoldt with another stellar performace
2 to Jack Grimes for holding up a backline that was caving under pressure
1 to Captain Ward, for yet another solid performance.

The Valkyries would like to congradulate Jack Grimes for pulling equal in our best and fairest voting, along a sidelined Marc Murphy, and Pearce Hanley on 8 votes. With 6 players over 5 votes currently, it's looking like a  tough honour to take out this season

Holz

Bad luck Zip we have both been hit hard with injuries this year and this match doesn't show how good our teams really are. When it was down to Cloke to ton up i was a little nervous but he came through for once.

Its the start of what should be a tough battle between our teams for hopefully years to come. But next year it will be 1v2 not 13v 14

It will be better when we have fully fit squads

Ziplock

I... don't have a forward line atm...

as evidenced by my forward line scores of
Riewoldt- 147
Veszpremi- 49
Bewick- (33/2)- 17
Armstrong- (31/2)- 16

seriously though
round 1- Murphy- LTI
round 2- mcevoy- LTI
round 3- goodes- LTI

my highest remaining draft picks are round 4- Grimes, Round 5- Trengove, Round 6- Riewoldt.

and until recently, grimes was the only one willing to raise the bat :P

Holz

Quote from: Ziplock on June 04, 2012, 12:04:51 AM
I... don't have a forward line atm...

as evidenced by my forward line scores of
Riewoldt- 147
Veszpremi- 49
Bewick- (33/2)- 17
Armstrong- (31/2)- 16

seriously though
round 1- Murphy- LTI
round 2- mcevoy- LTI
round 3- goodes- LTI

my highest remaining draft picks are round 4- Grimes, Round 5- Trengove, Round 6- Riewoldt.

and until recently, grimes was the only one willing to raise the bat :P

I love it how grimes is the guy who survives injury. I havent had as many high profile outs as you but i have had a few guys really under perfoming

round 1 gibbs- lost DPP and drops average 20 points, cloke drops average nearly 20 points
round 2 mummy- out most of the season, nearly killed me this week
round 3 priddis - injured and under producing
round 4 cotchin - is a star
round 5 lecras - LTI

whats hurt me the most is guys like schnieder and knights being on the cusp of selection not to mention Swallow being out and Shuey getting suspended on my most important week.

the good news is your guys should be back for our next game.

Ziplock

all my forward cover is injured as well :( such a pain in the ass.

Ziplock

Surprisingly, leading the Valkyries best and fairest are two of our star defenders Hanley and Grimes! Their relative experience compared to the rest of our young team has given them quite an edge in this club accolade. Both of them have been named in the BOG an impressive 6 times out of 14 rounds, equal with 3rd place Ward, while 4th Marc Murphy, remains in the running on 8 votes, if he can return from injury soon.

Ziplock

And, for the first time in a long time, the valkyries have close to a full squad named this week
italics for emergency
Def: J. Grimes, P. Hanley, J Trengove, T. Armstrong. (Jacobs, Connors, Frost, Toy, Bews, Laird[/s])
Mids: M. Murphy, J. Ziebell, Jack Trengove, A. Gaff (Haynes, Bewick,  K Stevens, D Butcher)
Rucks: B. Mcevoy (J Roughead, Stephensen, Dowdell)
Fwd: A. Goodes, J. Riewoldt, Christensen, Hawkins (Vespremi, Grant,  Gumbleton, Dell'Olio, Folau, Dick)
Utility: Ward, Bastinac

23 players named, the Valkyries are finally starting to come together- we'd like to give a big warm welcome to Gumbleton whose return from injury has been much anticipated.

Ziplock

The Valkyries are outraged with Ziebells unfair 4 week suspension. One of our key, young, developing midfielders is going to be a large blow to the club. That being said, our remaining midfield depth should be more than enough to cover his unfortunate loss, bolstered by Sam Frosts debut, we believe that Meows Swedish metal could be in for an upsetting challenge ;)

Ziplock

And the Valkyries's injury riddled season is finished, with a disappointing 10th placed finished, substantially lower than anticipated. Largely attributed to losing the Vaticans top 3 draft picks to LTIs, the Valkyries are just looking forward to a strong pre-season, and a fit 2013 premiership cup.

On a brighter note, we would like to congratulate our inaugural B&F winner, Jack Grimes, a defender who came into 2012 with no pre-season under his belt, and after 3 matches to get his fitness up to scratch, has thus far averaged a healthy 96 PPG for the Valkyries from his 15 games, accruing 23 votes, to beat out runner up Hanley by 6, and 3rd place ward by 10.

The name of our clubs best and fairest medal has been under careful consideration by the Valkyries, and it was finally decided to name it, unconventionally, rather than after an influential player, after an attribute that applies both to our inaugural winner Jack Grimes and to our fledgling club, heralding from our most basic roots, in the ancient latin language

vires in faciem adversis Or 'Strength in the face of adversity'

Thank you Jack for all the hard work you've done for the club this season.

The Valkyries Rising Star has been more conventionally named, being given this year to our most improved player, and it's our proud pleasure to release to the public the Gaff Medal, named of course after it's winner, Andrew Gaff, one of only 4 Valkyries to play all 16 games. 

We would also like to congratulate all our players representing Southern Europe
J. Grimes: 1
C. Ward: 1
J. Riewoldt: 1
P. Hanley: 1
B. Mcevoy: 1

We would also like to thank the various players who have stepped into the captaincy role throughout the year, especially Marc Murphy and Callan Ward, who both captained the Valkyries for 8 games each. Their dominance in the captaincy should not in anyway diminish the roles of our other players, who also sought to step up when require, in veteran player Adam Goodes, powerful key forward Jack Riewoldt, young and talented Jack Ziebell, and of course 19 year old Andrew Gaff.

Our award for greatest contribution to a single match will be announced at the end of our intra-club scratch matches, which will be played out from now until the end of finals.

elephants

Great read Zippy.

Looks like the club will be out for major improvements next season!

Ziplock

Yeah, I think we could seriously take out the premiership next season.

that being said, we have some serious trades planned, and some of the Valkyries biggest and most loved names could be moving on.

Holz

Quote from: Ziplock on August 11, 2012, 12:55:16 AM
Yeah, I think we could seriously take out the premiership next season.

that being said, we have some serious trades planned, and some of the Valkyries biggest and most loved names could be moving on.

watch out for the eagles, will be right up there too.

Ziplock

only if you pick up a decent back lol.