Main Menu

UFC

Started by Hawka, November 13, 2010, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

8-6 Suited

But the thing is, Wanderlei is easily gassed and can't take hits to the head like he used to be able to do. It's a shame really because I do like Wanderlei but he should have given it up a while ago.

j959

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on November 17, 2011, 05:37:04 PM
But the thing is, Wanderlei is easily gassed and can't take hits to the head like he used to be able to do. It's a shame really because I do like Wanderlei but he should have given it up a while ago.
yeah, bit like Mirko 'Cro Cop' Filipovic ... he was gone with his head not really in later fights, after that Gonzaga head kick ...

RiOtChEsS

Fox Sports 1 has UFC countdown on right now

RiOtChEsS

Brian Bowles was a freakin beast :o that event looks to be a cracker

j959

Quote from: Marcz on November 18, 2011, 12:08:51 AM
aww man ... i didn't see that in the TV guide!!  :'(

Justin Bieber

Quote from: j959 on November 18, 2011, 12:43:26 PM
Quote from: Marcz on November 18, 2011, 12:08:51 AM
aww man ... i didn't see that in the TV guide!!  :'(
I'm sure they will show it again. Check Fuel TV as they show quite a bit of UFC related things (TUF, Countdowns, Past Fights, etc). But this is if you have foxtel :(.

Anybody interested in a UFC-Fighting stable sort of game. Similar to what Maca done although this will be done through Random org where we can control the variables :P. Very casual by the way!
http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,44211.msg592308.html#msg592308

McRooster

Headline could've read Cowabunga  :P

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/8376595/ninja-dies-after-cow-falls-on-him

...or maybe Angry Angus meats his match

Justin Bieber

I saw that yesterday :o.

I don't know if One is showing the Prelims of UFC 139. If you have Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/UFC?ref=ts#!/UFC?sk=app_128953167177144

Not sure when it starts though :P.

Maca24

Shogun will dispatch Hendo..
Cung Le will probs beat Wandy.. although i'm cheering for wandy.
Faber will win his match :)

Maca24

Well Fight of the year may have taken place at UFC 139! Sounded like a darn good match.
The 41 year old is incredible haha. Hendo now gets to chose which title he has a shot at (Jones or Silva) after a 5 round war with Shogun.
Wandy TKO'd Cung Le while Faber dispatched Bowles.

Faber vs Cruz 3 will also take place at some stage :)

j959

Quote from: j959 on November 16, 2011, 08:19:29 PM
This card isn't lookin too bad at all ...   ;)

and i was right, understatement of the year!!!!!!  :o

this ended being a stacked action packed card!!!   ;D

Quote from: Maca24 on November 20, 2011, 07:00:15 PM
Well Fight of the year may have taken place at UFC 139! Sounded like a darn good match.
The 41 year old is incredible haha. Hendo now gets to chose which title he has a shot at (Jones or Silva) after a 5 round war with Shogun.
Wandy TKO'd Cung Le while Faber dispatched Bowles.

Faber vs Cruz 3 will also take place at some stage :)
how frickin good was it Maca?!?! we'll tell the people ...  ;)

Rua vs Henderson

I've always liked Shogun but now I know why he got the nickname from his Pride-fighting days and he gets major props for guts and heart ... what a warrior - he should have been out in the 1st & 2nd rounds but he held on and even came back and somewhat dominated the last 2 rounds of this 5-round epic - I thought he might have fought his way back for a draw even.

Henderson had nothing left in that last round but you have to agree with the decision cos Henderson doled out so much more damage in the first 2 rounds on Shogun, than Shogun did on Henderson in the last couple.

Wanderlei vs Cung Le

Another classic and it was vintage Wanderlei at the end although Le I think had the better of the first round to round and a half. Le's kicks (side kicks and spinning kicks) were awesome as well as a spinning back fist in the first round that had Wanderlei a little wobbly, but i think Le made a mistake in not following up and his conditioning for later rounds was questionable.

Wanderlei had a good strategy in standing really far off but 'closing the distance' in explosive bursts and he used this to devasting effect to finish Le off - it did look like the longer the fight went, the more likely Wanderlei was going to come out on top.

Faber vs Bowles
was interesting for how slick Faber was. Bowles was no slouch but Faber just looked sharp as.
I missed the the earlier Cruz vs Faber from earlier this year, but if Faber can hold this form, the next UFC bantamweight title fight between the two of them is going to be a cracker!!

Kampmann vs Story was solid too ...

I even saw the Ryan Bader vs Jason Brilz prelim and Bader was sharp and knocked Brilz out.

can't wait for Jones vs Machida next on 11 Dec and then Lesnar vs Overeem (think) new year's day?  :o   :D

Justin Bieber

I think it's December 31st in America but 1st for us. Although could be wrong.

I would love to see that fight. Don't get Main Events but read it was a Cracker of a 5 rounder!

Maca24

itunes has some fights up I think?
Haven't looked though..

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Maca24 on November 22, 2011, 10:56:31 AM
itunes has some fights up I think?
Haven't looked though..
Don't go on Itunes. I'll check youtube tonight to see if anybody has snuck under the radar :-X.

Maca24

The sooner you look, the better your chances  ;)

Still can't believe Hendo won!  :o
Shogun seems near unstoppable nearly all the time. Only freaks like Bones can beat him.