Main Menu

Richmond 2017 H&A season

Started by quinny88, March 22, 2017, 08:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaker

Don't know who will get dropped but the double chance and a home game against the hand baggers could not have worked out any better  :)

quinny88

What a great season. So proud of the boys considering how dire things looked coming into this year.

The board should be applauded for sticking to the plan and putting their faith in Hardwick and getting better people around him to help out. Let's not forget that after last year that "focus on footy" group tried to take over the club and sack everyone. What a disaster that would have been.
Next challenge is to win a final! 2 cracks at it now. Tough ask considering we play Geelong who we haven't beaten since 2006 and then will likely play Sydney if we lose. A straight sets exit would be a disaster but I've underrated our boys all year and they have proved me wrong time and time again so who knows where this year can go.

Hopefully some good news from Dusty to kick things off then a big win against the cats infront of 95,000 at the G

quinny88

As far as changes go, I think our entire list will be available which is a great position to be in. Some guys in great form in the VFL too and we will get another look at them in their first final this weekend.

Personally at this stage I think Caddy in for Graham who hasn't put a foot wrong but Caddy more experienced for finals.
Maybe short or Conca in for Markov who hasn't done much wrong either. I'd like miles in too

FB: Vlastuin, Astbury, Grimes
HB: Houli, Rance, B.Ellis
C: Grigg, Martin, Edwards
HF: Caddy, Riewoldt, Lambert
FF: Castagna, Townsend, Rioli
R: Nankervis, Cotchin, Prestia

Foll: Conca, Butler, Miles, Mcintosh

LaHug

I don't want to bring Conca in. I remember what happened last time we brought Conca into the team for finals coming back from injury...

quinny88

Quote from: LaHug on August 29, 2017, 09:47:13 AM
I don't want to bring Conca in. I remember what happened last time we brought Conca into the team for finals coming back from injury...

Haha very  true

quinny88

Just secured my finals tickets for week 1  8)

It took ages to get through, Ticketek need to improve their server, happens every big event. You would think they'd be onto it by now

LaHug

Quote from: quinny88 on August 29, 2017, 11:04:05 AM

It took ages to get through, Ticketek need to improve their server, happens every big event. You would think they'd be onto it by now

I'm MCC but wanted to get a reserved seat on the wing (no way I'd get there early enough to get one without reserving as I've gotta come from Hobart). Tickets were live at 12:00pm yesterday and they said there were none left in the section I wanted by 12:01pm. I had to keep refreshing and then, all of a sudden, got seats in Row B. So I'm right at the front on the wing. So pumped!

Nige

Absolutely devastated that I don't have the money to go. :'(

Jroo

I know Ticketek is flowering shower, took me 30 mins to get tickets and now I'm up the top

But at least I'll be there  :)

Big Mac

Got my tickets too, not exactly the game I wanted though haha

quinny88

Quote from: JROO8 on August 29, 2017, 11:49:58 AM

I know Ticketek is flowering shower, took me 30 mins to get tickets and now I'm up the top

Was that with a membership? I got on first thing at 9am and by the time I got through most of the bottom level Richmond areas were sold out lol. Managed to get 2 seats bottom level though

quinny88

Quote from: Big  Mac on August 29, 2017, 12:02:47 PM
Got my tickets too, not exactly the game I wanted though haha

Don't worry mate, us a Richmond supporters are all too familiar with experiencing things like Melbourne managed to do

Jroo

Quote from: quinny88 on August 29, 2017, 02:36:15 PM

Was that with a membership? I got on first thing at 9am and by the time I got through most of the bottom level Richmond areas were sold out lol. Managed to get 2 seats bottom level though
Yep, I tried at 9am too but it took so long to actually get thorough  ::)

quinny88

Quote from: JROO8 on August 29, 2017, 03:10:29 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on August 29, 2017, 02:36:15 PM

Yep, I tried at 9am too but it took so long to actually get thorough  ::)

Yeah it's crazy. Think it's already sold out  :o have a few mates that can't get tickets at all

quinny88

Rance the AA captain, how good is that!