The Process 2022

Started by Mat0369, January 31, 2022, 01:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

I played around with my trades last night and used a boost. Ended up with something like this which I'm not sold on but could work

Ryan>Doc
Callaghan>Hamilton
O'Driscoll>Goldstein

20k left in the bank. I'd ride Goldy while Xerri is out for the cash essentially

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 09, 2022, 01:09:04 PM
I played around with my trades last night and used a boost. Ended up with something like this which I'm not sold on but could work

Ryan>Doc
Callaghan>Hamilton
O'Driscoll>Goldstein

20k left in the bank. I'd ride Goldy while Xerri is out for the cash essentially

Good trades, Goldy has another 3 weeks in the role so worth it for a month or so.

Is the 20k important? If not, I would be grabbing Rioli but if it makes a difference then grab Hamilton.

Mat0369

I'm $700 short of Rioli with those current trades.

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 09, 2022, 06:29:11 PM
I'm $700 short of Rioli with those current trades.

Ok, not a biggy, I think Hamilton is still good value & the other trades very good.

Mat0369

I'm getting cold feet on Goldy. He should be a good cash cow over the next fortnight, but I am thinking I should try and conserve trades and grab a keeper.

Just looking at his fortnight ahead,  he has Gawn/Jackson and then Ryder/Marshall. I feel the Saints rucks, particularly Ryder, are a tough team to score against.

I am tossing up a few options including dumping JHF this week instead of Callaghan. I can actually do something like this

Ryan>Docherty
JHF>Rioli
O'Driscoll>Zorko

That actually leaves me with $0 in the bank

Bully

Those trades look good, squad will have plenty of depth heading into the byes.

Ringo

Trust the byes are OK for you Matt.

Trades look good. I held off Zorko due to Rd 14 bye being a little heavy for me same with Doch so went for Dawson

Mat0369

So I was tossing up Libba, Zorko, Lloyd and Goldy. I had Libba in until about an hour before bounce because I was undecided and wanted time to assess my bye structure (kinda regretting that now)

My team with byes highlighted

Crisp, Doc, Hewett, Rich, Zorko, Daicos (Gibcus, SDK)
Macrae, Miller, Oliver, Cripps, Brayshaw, Neale, Parish, Hamilton (McComb, Callaghan, Hough)
Witts, Hayes (Dixon)
Dunkley, Parker, Cogs, Butters, Martin, McCartin (Durdin, Rosas)

Bye structure breaks down like this

12 - 4 premiums, 2 mid price options (Cogs and Butters), 6 rookies - 16 expected
13 - 5 premiums, 6 rookies - 18 expected
14 - 5 premiums, 1 rookie - 18 expected

So pre trades I may be better off looking at someone with the last bye. That will be one of Zorko or Goldy.  I think I am still leaning towards Zorko as long as his calf is okay. Otherwise I'll probably go with Goldy and the cash

Mat0369

Score: 2181
Round Rank: 21,500
Cash: $131,800

Good: Crips, Doc, Hewett, Zorko, SDK, Neale, Miller, Macrae, Parish, Witts, Dunks, Parker, Butters, McCartin, Durdin, Hamilton
Pass: Rich, Daicos, Oliver, Cripps, Brayshaw, Callaghan, Rosas
Bad: Martin
Ugly: McComb, Dixon, Cogs

Tossed up between Zorko, Goldy, Libba and Lloyd. All ended up being good picks, Zorko's last quarter saved disaster, but I feel Goldy may have been my best bet with Hayes being disappointing.

Cogs was awful, Butters probably holds his spot. Getting rid of Ryan was a great move at this point and I gained close to 45 points in that trade to Doc. Hamilton over Rioli also looks to be a solid decision with the extra cash coming in handy this week.

I'm leaning towards two trades right now but need to assess BE's. I am thinking Callaghan to Clark and Daicos to Sinclair. It leaves me with $15,400 in the bank.

Ringo

Nice trades but can you afford another prem out in Rd 12 my only concern.

Mat0369

I have 11 premiums available in round 12 pre trades and I'd say 17 playing with rookies. I think it is a pretty good spot.

Mat0369

Score: 2373
Round Rank: 14,850
Cash: $15,400

Good: Hewett, Crisp, Sinclair, Rich, De Koning, Oliver, Parish, McComb, Witts, Dunkley, Parker, Butters, Cogs, McCartin, Durdin
Pass: Zorko, Macrae, Brayshaw, Hayes, Gibcus, Rosas, Dixon
Bad: Cripps, Doc, Neale captain and second half, Clark
Ugly: Miller, Hough, Martin

I was pretty happy with Sinclair in this week. Neale's second half was horrid and saw a potential huge captaincy score turn into a basic ton. I was contemplating Oliver but was in the car for the end of the Dogs game and was thinking Macrae was a VC lock. The Dees game had started and it was too late to make that swing so I backed in Neale.

I think Martin is primed to go after a couple back to back sub 60 scores and losing 16k this week. Gibcus is close to topped out so downgrading him to Cleary also makes sense.

Issues in my team

M8 needs an upgrade
R2 needs someone consistent
I'd like to see some bigger scores from Brayshaw but not really an issue.

So my trades this week

Gibcus>Cleary
Martin>Any player under 610k

I can grab either a mid, forward or R2. Top contenders are

Mid 8 - Walsh/Josh Kelly. I really like the Walsh pick, but I want Laird to finish off my midfield. Grabbing Walsh leaves me with $0
R2 - Gawn makes the most sense but he is due to drop in price. Other potential contenders are Darcy who I really like, Preuss or English with the intention to move him forward when Gawn drops in price.
F5 - English is probably the top contender here again since the forwards don't stand out. Heeney, Taranto, Libba and Treloar are the others that I would consider.

Option D is grab a Bont/Boak knowing they will likely get DPP. I'd be more inclined to grab Bont if that is the route I go down. If I grab a mid or ruck this week that means I will have to field one of Durdin, Rosas or Dixon at F6 which could be messy.

Mat0369

That midfield looks pretty juicy. F6 not so much. $22,500 left and I would move Bont to F5 with McCartin pushed to F6 when the DPP changes come out.

Bully

Andy Brayshaw is an interesting statistical case study, he's a 50% chance to go sub 100 but his floor is solid and generally manages to hit the nineties.

I think for him to be uber premo he needs to lift that floor to 100, probably won't happen this year but his rate of improvement will see  him nudge 118 in the next couple of years.

Ringo

Hows the byes Matt - Not a lot of downgrade options coming through either just hope some on the radar in the next week or two. Rd 13 is a killer with 7 of your bench having the bye,