Round 8 Trades

Started by whynot102, July 20, 2020, 06:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ingram

Extra trades has me looking at trading Simpkin out for Whitfield and TGreen for Petracca. Keeps Bewley/Taylor for another week to trickle in a few more dollars.

enzedder

Had another rethink and now I’m looking at Starcevich and King out for Harris Andrews and Rampe. Means I get a couple of steady types who could be great PODs in for a couple of rookies who get off my field.

Wanderer

Was going Pitto to Gawn, but starting to think with extra trades maybe get English until the Bulldogs bye and then get in Gawn.
English will make some money in the short term and then hopefully Gawn has a bad game and his price drops.
Gawn playing in the wet this weekend by the looks of the forecast. Any chance his score might be affected because he does get a lot of marks around the ground?

RoughRed

Quote from: Wanderer on July 23, 2020, 12:38:20 PM
Gawn playing in the wet this weekend by the looks of the forecast. Any chance his score might be affected because he does get a lot of marks around the ground?
More ruck work perhaps

Grazz

I'm thinking i'll bank as may of those extra trades and follow the script. Mr.WW out for Gawn and King out for Bailey Smith whose probably the only Fwd i can grab this week. Take Gawns scores and run the risk on Bailey for the extra trade if needed. Gawn puts a dent in your war chest but 185's are hard to look past with 16 minute qtrs.

Donzoes

Have a couple of options I've been considering all including Pitto to Gawn.

1. Ceglar (if not named) to Sicily/Lloyd (371k/308k remaining)
2. Ceglar to Treloar/Parker/Greenwood (280k/310k remaining)
3. Taylor (If Ceglar is named) to Sicily/Lloyd (243k/180k remaining)

Team been very average this season, so hopefully these trades are the turning point.

IntegralX

Quote from: Donzoes on July 23, 2020, 05:23:55 PM
Have a couple of options I've been considering all including Pitto to Gawn.

1. Ceglar (if not named) to Sicily/Lloyd (371k/308k remaining)
2. Ceglar to Treloar/Parker/Greenwood (280k/310k remaining)
3. Taylor (If Ceglar is named) to Sicily/Lloyd (243k/180k remaining)

Team been very average this season, so hopefully these trades are the turning point.

You're crazy not getting rid of Ceglar right now imo, Taylor still has money to make whereas Ceglar is all but certain to lose 30k.

Frankfaust

Trade Ceglar, or Pitto, or both? Both means no back up ruck, as was strategy from day dot. Have Gawn and Grundy.

Wanderer

Gawn has a very bad record against Brisbane. It's going to rain up there on Sunday. Is it worth waiting a week or two on Gawn?

billnats

Starcevich needs to go. Thinking sideways for Egg-Smith.

Which leaves me either:
- Macrae but mid has plenty of bench cover
- Bailey Smith in forwards which is pretty average at the moment

IntegralX

Quote from: Wanderer on July 23, 2020, 05:57:47 PM
Gawn has a very bad record against Brisbane. It's going to rain up there on Sunday. Is it worth waiting a week or two on Gawn?

I wouldn't worry. Rain = more stoppages = more opportunities for points. Plus, he might have a bad record against Brisbane but the bloke who's fared well against him in the past has nothing left in the tank. I don't think he's going to get a 180, but you'd think a decent enough C score is on the cards.

bkimm32

Simpkin is named in the centre? Wtf? Wasn’t he having season ending surgery on his ankle or have North made a boo boo

justaverage

Quote from: IntegralX on July 23, 2020, 07:13:26 PM
Quote from: Wanderer on July 23, 2020, 05:57:47 PM

I wouldn't worry. Rain = more stoppages = more opportunities for points. Plus, he might have a bad record against Brisbane but the bloke who's fared well against him in the past has nothing left in the tank. I don't think he's going to get a 180, but you'd think a decent enough C score is on the cards.

Step Martin out

Ingram

Quote from: bkimm32 on July 23, 2020, 07:45:37 PM
Simpkin is named in the centre? Wtf? Wasn’t he having season ending surgery on his ankle or have North made a boo boo

This has wrecked my trade plans now. Late out maybe?

Gandalf123

Quote from: bkimm32 on July 23, 2020, 07:45:37 PM

That was Tarryn Thomas mate, although the same article I read that noted Simpkin would miss this week due to an ankle.