Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on August 10, 2016, 09:13:59 PM
The McDonald bros have both signed on until the end of 2018

what a great pick up in Omac.

I guess Tmac is somewhat important too.

Purple 77

Alrgithy, with the Big & Junior Mac secured, our out of contract players remaining are:

Dawes
Trengove
Newton
Pederson
M Jones
Terlich           
Grimes (RFA)        
# Max King
# Wagner   
# Smith
# White
# Michie

I'd delist:
Dawes
Terlich
Grimes (RFA)
Newton (although I rate)
# Max King
# Michie (although I rate)

I'd give senior contracts to:
Trengove
Pederson
M Jones
Wagner

Retain on rookie list           
# Smith
# White

If we get Hibberd, that means we have to fill up three senior spots via the draft. Seeing as it will probs be our 3rd, 4th and 5th rounders, I say upgrade Wagner with 5th, and just draft whoever we want with the other two at this stage.

Big Mac

Can white still be retained for another year? Have a feeling he might be upgraded either way...

Purple 77

Quote from: Big  Mac on August 11, 2016, 10:22:34 PM
Can white still be retained for another year? Have a feeling he might be upgraded either way...

I may be wrong, but is this his 2nd year on rookie list? If so, you can have them for 3 years. Max King has been on it for 3 years, so he's definitely screwed.

Big Mac

Casey Scorpions 5.8.38 9.16.70 16.20.116 21.25.151

Werribee Tigers 4.1.25 5.4.34 6.4.40 7.4.46

Goals

Casey Scorpions Baker Dawes Kennedy-Harris  3 Neal-Bullen Salem White 2 Ferreira Grimes Kennedy Munro Spencer Trengove

Werribee Durdin McKay Mountford 2 Jacobs

Best

Casey Scorpions Trengove Michie Grimes M Jones Kennedy-Harris Neal-Bullen

Werribee Hanson Gribble McFarlane Tippett Nielson Hibberd

Disposals M Jones 42 Grimes 41 Neal-Bullen 37 Michie 35 Trengove 30 White 29 Kennedy 27 Kennedy-Harris 26

VFL side is dominating and the AFL side isn't doing too bad either

Finishing off the year strongly so far

Purple 77

I don't think I've ever felt this good about Melbourne in my life.

I'm not kidding.

Big Mac

Barra13

Purple 77

Max Gawn is the only ruckman named in the AA-squad :P

Yay Gawn, the All-Aus ruckman! :D :D

ossie85

Quote from: Purple 77 on August 29, 2016, 12:38:41 PM
Max Gawn is the only ruckman named in the AA-squad :P

Yay Gawn, the All-Aus ruckman! :D :D

I wouldn't discount Cyril just yet, this is the All-Aus team

Rusty00

What are you guys thoughts on Oscar McDonald?

Reading the Inside Footy Player Ratings of each game, they are not that positive and continually note he looks out of his depth yet he played the last 14 games of the season and started to string together some nice fantasy scores towards the end of the season.

The coaching staff obviously like him to play that many consecutive games and keep out players like Garland, Dunn, etc.

Purple 77

OMac was the supporter whipping boy this year :P it was clear as day that, although we thought he was a good long term prospect, he wasn't near to being ready to play AFL.

Especially when the more capable Colin Garland and Lynden Dunn were playing in the VFL.

The reason why he was getting consistent games was because Dunn & Garlo weren't prepared to change their ways to this new attacking game-style that we are trying to achieve. OMac has embraced this style, therefore he got games.

But his last month of the year was actually quite good... I'd say he's *this* close to being a lock in our 22, as I don't see Dunn & Garland overtaking him. Whilst OMac is skinny, I guess he might be in danger to losing his spot to Michael Hibberd (pending) or Jake Melksham, but once he puts muscle on, I'd say he is a lock.

He is tracking very well.

Big Mac

One thing I noticed with OMac was while he clearly isn't able to handle the bigger bodies, he was one of the first to actually adopt the new gameplan. The main thing was while early on in the year we gave up a lot of easy goals over the top, when O'Mac came in he would usually be one of the first to run hard and get back to cover the forward/s who had got loose.

Purple 77

In case either BM or Barra doesn't check the Jesse Hogan Panic Room Thread at Demonland, I took interest at this discussion today... starting from the second post down:

BTW, the intrigue happens a page or so in :P

http://demonland.com/forums/topic/40293-the-jesse-hogan-panic-room-all-contract-talk-here/?page=132

Purple 77