Main Menu

UFC

Started by Hawka, November 13, 2010, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j959

Quote from: Hellopplz on March 28, 2015, 11:34:35 PM
Quote from: j959 on March 27, 2015, 03:22:23 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on March 23, 2015, 10:56:26 PM
The last time somebody said "That Russian Guy", they ended up agreeing to fight Rustam Khabilov instead :P.
ha, ha! that was Benson Henderson from memory ...
Jorge Masvidal it was! He was on a little win streak so wanted a high profile opponent, then screwed up hahaha. Benson took on anybody after the Pettis loss!
Henderson did it too! Still thought he was fighting Khahbib N instead of Rustam K!  ;)

RiOtChEsS

Luke Rockhold is a flowering monster middleweight, he walked right through Machida's power shots and just mauled him, Lyoto was once a LHW fighter and he looked way to small against this guy :o Rockhold is going to shake up this division i reckon, his loss to the juiced up version of Vitor via a spinning roundhouse kick to the head doesnt look as bad now he has broken such an elite technician. Here is the fight...
http://www.mma-core.com/videos/Lyoto_Machida_vs_Luke_Rockhold_Full_Fight_UFC_on_Fox_15_Part_2/10100600
http://www.mma-core.com/videos/Lyoto_Machida_vs_Luke_Rockhold_Full_Fight_UFC_on_Fox_15_Part_3/10100601

Hellopplz

Machida slipped once and Rockhold made him pay BAD. It was near the end of the round, Rockhold hit a nasty elbow while he had Machida's back which looked brutal!

He certainly has made his claim for #1 contendership as also has a victory over Jacare. Such a shame Romero pulled out a week before :(.

Also Holloway is on the up in the featherweight division! Went through Cub pretty well in the stand up, has put together a nice win streak but struggles against the wrestlers or guys who can hold him down.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Hellopplz on April 22, 2015, 07:18:55 PM
Machida slipped once and Rockhold made him pay BAD. It was near the end of the round, Rockhold hit a nasty elbow while he had Machida's back which looked brutal!

He certainly has made his claim for #1 contendership as also has a victory over Jacare. Such a shame Romero pulled out a week before :(.

Also Holloway is on the up in the featherweight division! Went through Cub pretty well in the stand up, has put together a nice win streak but struggles against the wrestlers or guys who can hold him down.
Rockhold is so BIG for a MW he will trouble most imo, if he doesnt get a title tilt next he will take Vitor and avenge that loss

Was impressed with Holloway he has a good understanding of spacing and his striking game was sharp

Paige Van Zant showed something too, she came off second best early but just poured it on and dominated after the first 2 minutes, got a chin and a ton of heart, would like to see her against Joanna Jedrzejczyk 8)

j959

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on April 23, 2015, 10:30:00 AM

Rockhold is so BIG for a MW he will trouble most imo, if he doesnt get a title tilt next he will take Vitor and avenge that loss

Was impressed with Holloway he has a good understanding of spacing and his striking game was sharp

Paige Van Zant showed something too, she came off second best early but just poured it on and dominated after the first 2 minutes, got a chin and a ton of heart, would like to see her against Joanna Jedrzejczyk 8)
Do you think Paige would be a chance against Joanna?? - I haven't seen PVZ apart from short highlights of this recent fight ... Jedrzejczyk's stand-up is precision lethal.  :o

Definitely Rockhold to face winner of Weidman v Belfort ... just has to be ...  :P   8)   ;)

Hellopplz

The Ultimate Fighter 21 starts tonight for those interested :). Just read about it now otherwise I would have forgotten.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: j959 on April 23, 2015, 01:23:30 PM
Quote from: RiOtChEsS on April 23, 2015, 10:30:00 AM

Do you think Paige would be a chance against Joanna?? - I haven't seen PVZ apart from short highlights of this recent fight ... Jedrzejczyk's stand-up is precision lethal.  :o

Definitely Rockhold to face winner of Weidman v Belfort ... just has to be ...  :P   8)   ;)
Before the Felice Herrig fight i didnt think she had a chance, she has a solid chin though, she got tagged hard and kept coming 8)

Quote from: Hellopplz on April 23, 2015, 05:26:37 PM
The Ultimate Fighter 21 starts tonight for those interested :). Just read about it now otherwise I would have forgotten.
Cheers HP im onto it now ;) Blackzillians Vs ATT

jvalles69

Onto it! Who are the coaches this season?

Hellopplz

And if anybody wants a UFC event on Sunday! DJ Vs Horiguichi which should be a decent match. Rampage also returns to the UFC and have Bisping (been quiet though :P ) against Dolloway. Not too much to be excited for, but love watching DJ fight.

Quote from: jvalles69 on April 24, 2015, 10:36:16 AM
Onto it! Who are the coaches this season?
The Coaches from the actual gyms, as Marcz said ATT Vs Blackzillians. I've seen some of the guys from ATT fight before, but majority of the guys haven't heard of.

And new format to the TUF! I actually think it's good for the series, something new after the tournament for the Strawweight title last season. This season first 4 fights worth 25 points, second set of 4 fights worth 50 and last set of 4 fights worth 100 points each. Can't remember what happens in the finale, but like $300k is up for grabs. The team with the most points by the end obviously wins the season :P.

RiOtChEsS

yeah im digging the new format, i think this could be the best season yet, how hostile is the home gym :o

RiOtChEsS

Rampage Yawn...

Bisping does not see well out of the eye he had the detached retina in, he eats counter left hooks constantly #VeryDangerous

Demetrious Johnson holy shower this guy is the best technical MMA ticket in the world, latest submission win ever... EVER :o

May i be the first to say on here FK Jon Jones, he is going to cheat Rumble Johnson out of beating his arse
http://mmajunkie.com/2015/04/arrest-warrant-issued-for-jon-jones-arrangements-made-for-champ-to-turn-self-in
ran a red light hit a pregnant woman, fled the scene, returns for a few items and fled again :o :o :o FK u Jon Jones u r a piece of shower

RiOtChEsS

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/4/28/8510305/jon-jones-released-on-continued-bond-not-given-any-travel-restrictions 

:o we may see the Rumble fight, Judge Dana White could sentence him to an ass kicking at 187 8)

Hellopplz

Haha, I heard the Rampage fight was meh. Saw the Bisping one, and although he was his usual boxing self, those left hooks kept on landing. The eye surgery hasn't fixed his entire sight from that eye :-\.

DJ dominated Horiguchi but he put up a good fight, especially early rounds. Then DJ took over and finished. Really is a step above the rest, and if Dodson wins his upcoming match, should be a rematch >:D.

And the flower Jones :o :o.

jvalles69

Was shocked when I heard the Jones news today, that fight would've been epic, now Rumble is going to KO the flower out of DC.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: jvalles69 on April 29, 2015, 10:31:25 PM
Was shocked when I heard the Jones news today, that fight would've been epic, now Rumble is going to KO the flower out of DC.