Adelaide 2016 Season Megathread

Started by TomK, February 23, 2016, 09:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Anyone else feel sick after that?

TomK

Quote from: Jay on August 27, 2016, 12:38:13 AM
Don't think I've ever been as frustrated at a game than I was last night.

Jay

Quote from: TomK on August 27, 2016, 04:37:16 PM
Quote from: Jay on August 27, 2016, 12:38:13 AM
Don't think I've ever been as frustrated at a game than I was last night.
I've never wanted to leave before the end of a sporting match more than I did last night, haha. Was just so hard to watch. And you could tell we were off from the very first bounce.

tbagrocks

shower :-\  Boy oh boy wowee,  now I know WC fully deserve the win and haven't they been good in August? But .....

Boy didn't we shoot ourselves in the foot ::)  A free gift from the AFL

AFL "Here Adelaide, have a 9 day break after your Showdown against Port with a lesser break than everyone else waiting two weeks for their first finals matchup!" HHHHHHHHHmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ......................................

AFC "No ty AFL, we want back to back to back 6 day breaks including a brutal showdown then a 15 day break before our first final!"

TomK

Nathan van Berlo has officially retired from footy. It was always going to be his last year but still sad to see him go, obviously his career didn't end the way he wanted it to, with his achilles injury back in 2014 and then being stuck in the two's all year except only 3 senior games but he was finished. Cheers VB!

Jay

Quote from: TomK on September 05, 2016, 05:01:56 PM
Nathan van Berlo has officially retired from footy. It was always going to be his last year but still sad to see him go, obviously his career didn't end the way he wanted it to, with his achilles injury back in 2014 and then being stuck in the two's all year except only 3 senior games but he was finished. Cheers VB!
Always been a great club man, and certainly got the best out of himself as a player. Cheers VB!

Thommo's turn now..

Grazz

Onya VB, thanks for the service and all the best with whatever you and the family do in the future.  ;)

Dudge

Quote from: Grazz on September 06, 2016, 01:23:59 AM
Onya VB, thanks for the service and all the best with whatever you and the family do in the future.  ;)

I'm sure he's reading that mate  ;)  :P

TomK

Henderson, who was one of our best in a shower performance against the Eagles, is dropped ahead of spud Mackay. What a joke, this bloke should not rewarded for mediocre performance every week. Henderson should be filthy!

Jay

Quote from: TomK on September 08, 2016, 07:28:41 PM
Henderson, who was one of our best in a shower performance against the Eagles, is dropped ahead of spud Mackay. What a joke, this bloke should not rewarded for mediocre performance every week. Henderson should be filthy!
Hendo got a lot of the footy but I thought he was pretty bad in that game.

TomK

Quote from: Jay on September 08, 2016, 07:36:08 PM
Quote from: TomK on September 08, 2016, 07:28:41 PM
Hendo got a lot of the footy but I thought he was pretty bad in that game.
I thought it was his best for the year haha, 4th best on the website and second most votes in fans mvp as well. I wouldn't be as disappointed if we brought in Knight for Mackay though.

elephants

I read somewhere that Hendo has been linked with a trade to a Vic club? Wonder if that has anything to do with it

TomK

Maybe, he is a free agent and there's been talk of him not hitting the trigger clause on his last contract which I've heard is 12 games this year. He's on 9 games at the moment so I'd say there's a very small chance he hits it now. We'll probably still offer him a contract just not as good, so I'd say there is a big chance he's off to Victoria next year.

Grazz

Adelaide Crows ‏@Adelaide_FC  3m3 minutes ago Adelaide, South Australia
Kyle Hartigan free to play http://bit.ly/2cSfWmO  this week as MRP charge 8 players from Saturday night #weflyasone

Bit of a shock, fully expected atleast a one game suspension but just a fine in the end.

Jay

Quote from: Grazz on September 12, 2016, 05:17:54 PM
Adelaide Crows ‏@Adelaide_FC  3m3 minutes ago Adelaide, South Australia
Kyle Hartigan free to play http://bit.ly/2cSfWmO  this week as MRP charge 8 players from Saturday night #weflyasone

Bit of a shock, fully expected atleast a one game suspension but just a fine in the end.
You beauty! Bring on the Swannies :)