Main Menu

Adelaide 2016 Season Megathread

Started by TomK, February 23, 2016, 09:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomK

Let's start off the thread with some awesome news ;D ;D

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/adelaide-crows/adelaide-crows-lock-in-daniel-talia-with-fouryear-contract-extension-brodie-smith-close-to-resigning/news-story/5d13044897acd30cf3f3b61a219375ca

ADELAIDE has struck the first strategic coup of the Don Pyke era, set to ink defensive linchpin Daniel Talia to a four-year contract extension.

Rebound ace Brodie Smith is also close to agreeing to a three-year deal to remain at West Lakes in a further vote of confidence for new coach Pyke.

Grazz

Jay

powersuperkents

What sort of an impact do Crows fans see Dean Gore having this season?

Obviously a very talented player and his body is AFL-ready - was my favourite young player along with Milera during the NAB 1 game. I currently see him being used in tandem with Matt Crouch (Pyke will refrain from overloading either of them unless necessary). Am I correct in assuming that or will his amount of games depend largely on the health of Brad Crouch, Sloane, Douglas, & Thommo?

TomK

Hard to say at the moment, not really sure what our 22 will look like come round one.

Without any long term injuries (Jaensch) I would have it as -

FB: L.Brown, D.Talia, J.Lever
HB: R.Laird, K.Hartigan, B.Smith
C: P.Seedsman, S.Thompson, R.Atkins
HF: T.Lynch, T.Walker, T.Menzel
FF: E.Betts, J.Jenkins, C.Cameron
R: S.Jacobs, R.Sloane, B.Crouch
I/C: R.Douglas, M.Crouch, CEY, R.Knight

Gore would probably be fighting with Knight, CEY, Atkins, Milera, Lyons, Grigg, VB, Mackay, Hampton and maybe Seedsman depending on form, for about 3 spots, maybe more if Cameron doesn't get up for Round One. He'll definitely get games at some point this season though.

Grazz

Yeh to hard to say, we have a new coach in a new year who knows what his thoughts are at the minute. He did say age is no barrier so anyones a chance but does he mean it, alot say it.

Grazz

The Adelaide Football Club has tonight announced an operating profit of $1,493,636 for the 2015 financial year.

Well done not huge but decent enough.

Dudge

Quote from: Grazz on February 24, 2016, 10:06:45 PM

The Adelaide Football Club has tonight announced an operating profit of $1,493,636 for the 2015 financial year.

Well done not huge but decent enough.

That's it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm putting my life's savings on the Crows this year

Profit ( yours )

Milers the best ever Crow ( The grey nomad )

Betts gets six ( everyone ;)  )

Talia signs for 2000 years, Ollie signs for a week ( Not sure yet )

Only stirring Grazz  ;) ;) ;) ;)

kilbluff1985

is Knight injured wondering why he not playing

TomK

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on February 25, 2016, 01:30:21 PM
is Knight injured wondering why he not playing
Yeah, rolled his ankle a few weeks back at training. On track to play NAB 3 I think.

tbagrocks

Still not so great news on BRAD again today
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-03-02/crows-still-cautious-on-crouch-after-little-breakdowns

Teammate Brodie Smith admitted on Wednesday that he wasn't sure if Crouch would make it.

"He trained on his own today â€" we had a bit of a lighter session and he's at the stage where he needed a bit more in the legs for next week," Smith said.

"We're taking a really cautious approach with him because obviously he's had a few issues.

"He's trying to get right for next week, but whether that happens or not we're not sure, so we'll wait and see."  :(

LF

Mitch McGovern putting his hand up for round 1,what are the odds of him stringing some games together

Gigantor

Quote from: LF on March 12, 2016, 12:05:33 AM
Mitch McGovern putting his hand up for round 1,what are the odds of him stringing some games together

Yeah been looking at a crows best 22 and seeing who he could replace

B: Luke Brown, Daniel Talia, Jake Lever
HB: Rory Laird, Kyle Hartigan, Paul Seedsman
C: Richard Douglas, Scott Thompson, Brodie Smith
HF: Tom Lynch, Josh Jenkins, Matt Crouch
F: Eddie Betts, Taylor Walker, Charlie Cameron
Foll: Sam Jacobs, Rory Sloane, Brad Crouch
I/C: David Mackay, Nathan van Berlo, _________, ________

Last two spots I'm not sure on, problem out of CEY, Cheney, Menzel and Milera not sure about Otten.

Don't really see how McGovern gets a game unless there are injuries.

LF

Their forward line with him there functioned really well and looked pretty decent

TomK

Don't see McGovern getting a game unless one of Tex or Lynch goes down, could surprise though but don't see who he pushes out, especially in our forward line