Main Menu

Melbourne Discussion

Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mac

Quote from: Rusty00 on October 07, 2015, 11:02:27 PM
Hey guys, seeing that Chris Dawes has been rumoured to have been placed on the trade table do you think that means Pedo is seen as the Best 22 key forward partner to Hogan? Or is there someone else I'm forgetting?

Yep, imo Pedo is best 22 and I think most Melbourne fans would have it that way too

Dawes is rated pretty highly around the club though, and whilst he is terrible for the most part, he also knows how to work with Hogan pretty well and apparently is a decent leader

I can see a situation where Dawes and Pedo are both rotated in and out of the side next year

Barra13

Frost will be in the mix too I believe.

Big Mac

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2015-10-29/melbournes-2016-fixture-announced

First 9 rounds are decent, gets a bit harder after that though

Will be hard to generate momentum leading into finals  ;)

Purple 77

I'm just so happy Melbourne are playing in Hobart  ;D ;D ;D

Been praying for that ever since I was 4 years old. It is actually the first time ever they are playing in Tassy for premiership points!

I've only ever seen melbourne play live once in a H&A season, and that was last year. So very very happy  :D

Barra13

I've been pretty lucky in the west. I have mates that are Dockers and Eagles supporters obviously and whenever there is a Melbourne game they always take me. Pretty stoked that I get free entry whenever the Demons come over. Even got on the TV last year!

Barra13

New Melbourne re-brand unveiled tonight. Somehow, it seems like there may be a little more than just an emblem to me?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-11-12/a-kick-with-jesse-free-coffees-and-a-new-logo-demons-launch-unique-rebrand

Purple 77

I had a few criticisms of the logo of this year... but I still liked it. I was willing for it to be the logo for a very long time.

Kinda over us changing the logo for the third time in what, 9ish years?

Barra13

I'm really happy with the new logo.

JBs-Hawks

I think this is a good step for you

Purple 77

Isn't it like... kinda boring? Pretty similar to Carlton... I dunno. I feel the change wasn't worth it, but I don't hate it I guess.

Big Mac

Quote from: Purple 77 on November 12, 2015, 08:36:12 PM
Isn't it like... kinda boring? Pretty similar to Carlton... I dunno. I feel the change wasn't worth it, but I don't hate it I guess.

Very boring

but so was the last one

and the one before that

I really couldn't give a flower what they did with the logo  :P

T Dog

Quote from: Purple 77 on November 12, 2015, 08:36:12 PM

just needs a magpie in centre to finish it off   ::)

tbagrocks

Quote from: Purple 77 on October 29, 2015, 12:25:38 PM
I'm just so happy Melbourne are playing in Hobart  ;D ;D ;D

Been praying for that ever since I was 4 years old. It is actually the first time ever they are playing in Tassy for premiership points!

I've only ever seen melbourne play live once in a H&A season, and that was last year. So very very happy  :D
Might have happened if the flogging cheats at the AFL weren't so sold on having a non Vic team play the team in Tassie every match! Make Fremantle travel three planes and seven busses to get there but don't make Geelong or Collingwood ever travel down hill to play there? ???

Anyway, stoked for the Dees

powersuperkents

This one is still my favourite of the Demons' logos;

However, the re-brand is nice (I think their 2nd best logo).

You're logo over the last few years has been in the worst imo. It was unprofessional and looked like it was designed by kids (trying to fit as much as they can onto a shield)

- i.e. the pitchfork was enough, why did they have to add the southern cross (it's Australian Football - they don't need to imply they are Australian) and the football (in Australia people are aware they are a football team). This logo is shocking and a lot of Demon's fans I know hated it

Simplicity is the way to go with club logos and I think the Demons have nailed it

Barra13

From what I can tell is they wanted to have a brand that was instantly recognised the moment you saw it. Similar to New York Yankees etc etc. I think they have done it very well.

Also all of the new 2016 gear like the polos/caps look a whole lot better.