« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rule changes for 2022  (Read 346 times)
Ringo
Coaching Legend

2014 RDT Elxam m0nty medalist

« on: July 20, 2021, 06:56:05 pm »

Starting this for discussion and based on comments:

1) Do we revert back to a manual system for MVP or continue with UF?

2) Rising Star do we do away with minimum 5 games required and vote on all 15 nominations one per round? 

3) Do we need a mid season draft similar to AFL? Rules around this would need to be set as well.

Discussion welcomed and any rules you think that should be added.

Nige
Master Coach

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2021, 09:59:25 pm »

Manual MVP

Do away with the min games requirement

No MSD
SilverLion
Seasoned Coach

'17 SC Rank - 2827, '18 - 4108

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2021, 11:17:52 pm »

Manual MVP

No MSD
+1 to the above.

Also, can we remove 'as UF' as a legitimate submission? Imo if we're in a keeper league, we should be obliged to submit a proper team each week.
Rusty00
Veteran Coach

Fantasy coach

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2021, 01:26:15 pm »

Manual MVP

No MSD
+1 to the above.

Also, can we remove 'as UF' as a legitimate submission? Imo if we're in a keeper league, we should be obliged to submit a proper team each week.
+1 to the 3 above, plus SL's additional request
Nige
Master Coach

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2021, 03:59:01 pm »

I am also on board with SL's additional request
Urbaninfinnity
Property Steward

Dodoro pls

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2021, 04:08:06 pm »

Manual MVP

No MSD
+1 to the above.

+1 to all of the above
fanTCfool
2019 AXVIII SC Premier
Seasoned Coach

UTG Admin

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2021, 09:53:54 am »

Manual MVP

No MSD
+1 to the above.

+1 to all of the above

+1 to all of the above
ChuckStig
Bootstudder

Happy to Be Here

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2021, 06:07:49 pm »

As above
Peter
Experienced Coach

Fantasy coach

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2021, 10:37:06 am »

Are there are spare spots in any of these leagues?
Ringo
Coaching Legend

2014 RDT Elxam m0nty medalist

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2021, 05:35:11 pm »

Another rule change regarding DPP Players and open for discussion.

This will require some admin work but I believe is workable:

If a player has a DPP and you want them to cover two positions in emergency need to specify in your team lodgement thread:

How I see it working when lodging teams in the thread and using Zorko as an example. You would list him in mids with DPP/F.  After emergencies you would add the clause Should a forward require replacing Zorko moves to forwards and player x replaces Zorko in mids, Obviously player x would come from your squad.

Any comments drawbacks as you see it.
fanTCfool
2019 AXVIII SC Premier
Seasoned Coach

UTG Admin

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2021, 06:33:28 pm »

If a player has a DPP and you want them to cover two positions in emergency need to specify in your team lodgement thread:

How I see it working when lodging teams in the thread and using Zorko as an example. You would list him in mids with DPP/F.  After emergencies you would add the clause Should a forward require replacing Zorko moves to forwards and player x replaces Zorko in mids, Obviously player x would come from your squad.

Opposed to this suggestion. If you want your DPP players to cover another line you should name them as utilities. This will unnecessarily complicate submissions IMO.
Nige
Master Coach

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2021, 07:14:13 pm »

Opposed to this suggestion. If you want your DPP players to cover another line you should name them as utilities. This will unnecessarily complicate submissions IMO.
SilverLion
Seasoned Coach

'17 SC Rank - 2827, '18 - 4108

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2021, 09:09:40 pm »

Using my situation this year as an example, Ive had Slyce R1 and Ladhams as the only backup so have utilised a tactical donut to allow myself to have Ladhams play fwd but cover ruck.

Do we think it's better to have a legal tactical donut or a legal submission 'clause'?
fanTCfool
2019 AXVIII SC Premier
Seasoned Coach

UTG Admin

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2021, 11:01:37 pm »

Using my situation this year as an example, Ive had Slyce R1 and Ladhams as the only backup so have utilised a tactical donut to allow myself to have Ladhams play fwd but cover ruck.

Do we think it's better to have a legal tactical donut or a legal submission 'clause'?

Naming a tactical donut isn't 'illegal' so I don't think we need to bring any rules in place about it. Even if you left it blank in your submission or named a fictional person at F4 the effect is the same. I suppose you could 'endorse' naming P. Inn at F4 as a tactical donut but I really think that adding a 'clause' or anything requiring administrative interpretation is asking for trouble in a competition where coaches can't even type out their XV week to week.
Nige
Master Coach

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2021, 02:51:34 pm »

Naming a tactical donut isn't 'illegal' so I don't think we need to bring any rules in place about it. Even if you left it blank in your submission or named a fictional person at F4 the effect is the same. I suppose you could 'endorse' naming P. Inn at F4 as a tactical donut but I really think that adding a 'clause' or anything requiring administrative interpretation is asking for trouble in a competition where coaches can't even type out their XV week to week.
Hit the nail on the head, particularly with the last part.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »