Rule changes for 2022

Started by Ringo, July 20, 2021, 08:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter

Ringo

Another rule for discussion which I am putting out there:

If a player retires after final submissions or during the season a replacement player may be picked for remaining players.
Example this year Dylan Roberton from Leeches who retired in March.

SilverLion

Quote from: Ringo on August 08, 2021, 08:46:52 PM

If a player retires after final submissions or during the season a replacement player may be picked for remaining players.
Think replacing players mid season is a bit of an unfair advantage. Essentially getting an early rookie draft pick during the season.

As long as its prior to round 1, I think it's fair to get a replacement from the rookie draft pool (not including that season's SSP players) though.

Ringo

Quote from: SilverLion on August 08, 2021, 09:34:39 PM

Think replacing players mid season is a bit of an unfair advantage. Essentially getting an early rookie draft pick during the season.

As long as its prior to round 1, I think it's fair to get a replacement from the rookie draft pool (not including that season's SSP players) though.
Fair comment so what say we put a limit on it say up Rd 5.

Nige

Quote from: SilverLion on August 08, 2021, 09:34:39 PM

Ringo

Only thought of this one as I was working though matters:

With having a mid season draft do we include players taken in this draft in the National Draft or Rookie Draft?

Nige

Quote from: Ringo on August 18, 2021, 01:00:56 PM
Only thought of this one as I was working though matters:

With having a mid season draft do we include players taken in this draft in the National Draft or Rookie Draft?
As said on Discord, definitely rookie. They're rookies in the AFL, and having them there adds to the depth, quality and value of the BXVs rookie draft.

Ringo

Votes for Rules 1 - 5 updated - All coaches votedm