Main Menu

From The Pavilion II

Started by m0nty, December 16, 2014, 02:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

End of over 48 (3 runs) - Tenfold Retribution(220-8). 29 runs required from 2 overs. RR 4.58 RRR 14.50
J. Okocha 0 (3b), J. Martin 105 (130b), N. Al-Attiyah (rfm) 9-1-35-1

48.1 4 Tasleem to Martin : Tasleem went for the glory ball, full and on the stumps, but Martin is too good and flicked this with ease to the midwicket boundary.
48.2 4 Tasleem to Martin : Goes for the big expansive cover drive, but edges it past his stumps instead! Four runs, Tasleem and Maloney cannot believe it!
48.3 4 Tasleem to Martin : Superb reflexes from the umpire! That was a scorcher and he leaped out of the way like a frightened squirrel.
48.4 4 Tasleem to Martin : Martin hits it nicely into the gap past a diving short cover and gets four.

48.5 . Tasleem to Martin : [great fielding] Pitched a bit short, and Martin latches onto it. The ball flies to cover point, where some wonderful fielding by Livera cuts off a certain boundary. Martin can't believe his misfortune. Probably the best shot of the day.
48.6 1 Tasleem to Martin : Mix up between the batsmen as the ball goes straight to the fielder. Stop, run, stop and they finally come though for a single.

End of over 49 (17 runs) - Tenfold Retribution(237-8). 12 runs required from 1 overs. RR 4.84 RRR 12.00
J. Okocha 0 (3b), J. Martin 122 (136b), M. Tasleem (rf) 10-0-54-3

49.1 4 Al-Attiyah to Martin : Marginally short and outside the off stump, Martin waits on the back foot and thumps the ball through cover for a glorious four. Maloney gives Al-Attiyah some advice. Perhaps about length.
49.2 1 Al-Attiyah to Martin : Bowled full on the off, eased through the gap between cover and cover point for a single.
49.3 . Al-Attiyah to Okocha : Solid forward defensive by the batsman pushes the ball just wide of cover. Okocha calls for the single but is quickly sent back by the non striker.
49.4 1 Al-Attiyah to Okocha : A big inswinger is clipped away by Okocha for a single, that was very well watched!
49.5 4 Al-Attiyah to Martin : Short, wide and four. Immaculate timing from Martin. Byrd at cover didn't even see it.
49.6 2 Al-Attiyah to Martin : A flick of the wrist from Martin sends the ball racing towards the deep square leg boundary. A great chase by Rasil fielding at fine leg cuts off the boundary and he rockets the ball back to Maloney

End of over 50 (12 runs) - Tenfold Retribution(249-8) RR 4.98
J. Martin 133 (140b), J. Okocha 1 (5b), N. Al-Attiyah (rfm) 10-1-47-1

If I won, I was all but promoting. But I lost, now I need to win next week (should do) and top needs to lose, and he slipped up today for the first time this season against an opponent that wasn't me. Ahhh looks like another Div 2 season :(

JBs-Hawks

Hellopplz

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on February 12, 2016, 11:39:16 PM
Won by 524 runs today
:o :o :o. What target did you guys set?!?! I also assume you bowled them out for like nada :P.

JBs-Hawks

PowerBug

Nasser got greedy taking 6 wickets! I think my highest is 528/1 where the wicket fell on the 2nd last ball of the innings ::)

JBs-Hawks

Just looking abit closer at it, We took 10/1. Now thats an collapse!

PowerBug

Last 5 seasons at the end of the season I've played a YOD match with my best players to see how good my team is/was. I'm not liking the trend here.

PBCC loses two gun bowlers, and OtR is just turning to shower this home grown stuff is not working at all.

DazBurg

Quote from: PowerBug on February 16, 2016, 12:18:45 AM
Last 5 seasons at the end of the season I've played a YOD match with my best players to see how good my team is/was. I'm not liking the trend here.

PBCC loses two gun bowlers, and OtR is just turning to shower this home grown stuff is not working at all.

how did you check that out?
it doesn't look like the weekly match rating screen
would love to know how to see over a seasonal one like that

PowerBug

Excel spreadsheet. Just collect the ratings from those matches and put it all together :)

auscoyote

Quote from: PowerBug on February 16, 2016, 10:36:53 AM
Excel spreadsheet. Just collect the ratings from those matches and put it all together :)
Damn. I thought i was into my stats but i haven't got around to plotting anthing like that.

That's impressive 8). I might have to lift my game if i can find the time.

PowerBug

Quote from: auscoyote on February 16, 2016, 02:47:23 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on February 16, 2016, 10:36:53 AM
Damn. I thought i was into my stats but i haven't got around to plotting anthing like that.

That's impressive 8). I might have to lift my game if i can find the time.
Took like 2 minutes to do last night when I realised my end of season matches were a regular occurance :P

auscoyote

While we are talking stats does anybody know and wish to divulge the % of training that goes to each skill.

Now that i have a couple of potential Nat players I've been looking more closely at training times so started collecting some data the last 2 weeks but will be a long way off sussing it completely.

All that i have managed to estimate so far is fielding on a 16yr but i'm still not definite on this without checking against some other older players.
I knew i should of looked into this sooner ::)

Program   Skill(s) Trained
Batting   Batting, technique, endurance

Bowling   Bowling, technique, endurance

Keeping   Keeping, technique, fielding, endurance

Fielding   Fielding=85% technique=10% endurance=5%

Fitness   Endurance, power

All-rounder   Batting, bowling (equal amount to batting), technique, endurance

Batting technique   Technique, batting, endurance.

Bowling technique   Technique, bowling, endurance.

Strength   Power, endurance.

Keeper-Batsman   Keeping, batting, technique, fielding, endurance

PowerBug

I believe for batting or bowling it's around 70% to the main skill but not certain on that one.

auscoyote

Quote from: PowerBug on February 16, 2016, 06:12:53 PM
I believe for batting or bowling it's around 70% to the main skill but not certain on that one.

Ok cheers mate. I thought fielding would be the same with maybe a 70/15/15 split or 70/20/10 but going off my 16yr old putting  on 410 pts a week on fielding and popping every 3 weeks this season, 70% didn't cut it.

It might be 80% instead of 85, all depending how many spares were with him when first drafted.

If i manage to keep up taking the numbers i should have it sussed by this time next season :P

DazBurg

with my focus having been on NAT duties i find my club suffers a little usually
in 20/20 i narrowly avoided be relegated i finished 6th

now i didn't need to win last night's game but i do need to win my OD or i will relegate
so i rested some of my stars and glad to see while i'm not worried about NATS i can still get the job done

DazBurg's Greatness won by 6 wickets

DazBurg's Greatness    A Shift Old Boys
Batting - Top Order    10,027    12,441
Batting - Middle Order    7,383    10,756
Batting - Tail    4,654    5,425
Bowling - Seam    11,715 (12)    11,455 (8)
Bowling - Spin    12,012 (8)    12,309 (12)
Fielding/Keeping    11,756    13,153
Overall    178,038    208,362