Main Menu

From The Pavilion II

Started by m0nty, December 16, 2014, 02:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torpedo10

Quote from: Cookie311993 on December 25, 2015, 12:54:41 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on December 24, 2015, 03:24:24 PM
Please stay active auscoyote! The more talking FTP on here the better.

I'll try and have a word to a couple of MODs, this doesn't seem fair at all.
Mods have nothing to do with it
I mean GMs, which are the MODs of the game.

PowerBug

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=947556
From rested to passable in one match :( I thought he would be okay now I have to take in an Energetic player to my Sunday match :-\

auscoyote

Quote from: PowerBug on December 24, 2015, 09:44:35 PM
I agree he isn't worth what you sold him for, but that doesn't mean he can't be sold for that much! Different value depending on the team in charge!

My thoughts exactly. I had a punt on getting rid of one of my best players at an inflated price to a niche market. Why? because the lack of supply of that type of player with those skills at the time on what i thought was a free market! As you said the value differs from coach to coach depending on there needs, finances and the availability on the maket.

Nevermind i shall know for next time as it seems like the final decision has been made.

Quote from: Torpedo10 on December 24, 2015, 03:24:24 PM
Please stay active auscoyote! The more talking FTP on here the better.

I'll try and have a word to a couple of MODs, this doesn't seem fair at all.

Thanks Torp for trying. Hoping ya didn't cop any abuse as in admins last message to me they mentioned if i knew you as they said you posted something in the forums that might of related to this and you shouldn't have lol.

Cheers mate.

Back to watching the boxing day test :)

auscoyote

Hey Guys,

I need some opinions.
I was going to set up a milestone club (season) for my players on my blog page. I wanted the clubs to be hard to get into (maybe once every 3 seasons or something) but not totally unrealistic either, or too easy.

Considering you guys have been playing longer than me some ideas on theses would be good.
Stats would be for single season only.

SOD 1000 Run Club
SOD 125 SR Club (Minimum 7 Inn's)
SOD 40 Wkt Club
SOD 3.50 Eco Club (Minimum 420 Balls)
SOD Keeper Club (30 catches, 3 stumpings)
SOD Fielder Club (10 catches, 1 R/O )

T20 700 Run Club
T20 200 SR Club (Minimum 7 Inn's)
T20 30 Wkt Club
T20 4.50 Eco Club (Minimum 170 Balls)
T20 Keeper Club (20 catches, 2 stumpings)
T20 Fielder Club (10 catches, 1 R/O )

YTH 1000 Run Club
YTH 125 SR Club (Minimum 7 Inn's)
YTH 40 Wkt Club
YTH 3.50 Eco Club (Minimum 340 Balls)
YTH Keeper Club (25 catches, 2 stumpings)
YTH Fielder Club (10 catches, 1 R/O )

PC CUP Milestones ?

Are any of these too hard or too easy ya reckon?
As for PC Cup clubs i would have no idea as i have only ever made it to the 3rd round :-[

All thoughts welcome!

shower, it's 4pm, the big bash is on :P

PowerBug

Got to keep in mind that the Stats centre for OD covers both SOD and PC matches.

Just for reference, as someone who keeps his players for most of their FTP careers, and has been going for 16 seasons now, here's what I would have using your formulas:

1000 SOD runs = 18 players
120+ SR = 1
40 wickets = 14
3.5 econ = 0
Keeping = 3
Fielding = 23

700 T20 runs = 12
200+ SR = 0
30 wickets = 14
4.50 econ = 1 (Back when I first started)
Keeping = 3
Fielding = 20

1000 YOD runs = 14
120+ SR = 4
40 wickets = 17
3.50 Econ = 1 (exactly 3.50, and noone that played 20+ matches came close)
Keeping = 6
Fielding = 23

So by looking at that, there's a few things that are probably out of whack. Strike Rate and Economy bonuses are probably not worth it in any case, the best players at your club will generally be the ones that score the most. Keeping is okay because to reach the standards you set you'll need a keeper for about 2.5-3 seasons minimum.

I would move the SOD and T20 markers up, probably double them both.

Fielding you could also move the numbers up to say 15 or 20 total dismissals?

It also depends on what plan you have with your side. If you do what I have which is basically buy at 16 or at 20 and keep right through to 30 or longer, then you'll get bigger numbers. If you buy old sell old or play the transfer market lots to get bargains then the markers you have might be fine as players won't be at your club for too long.

auscoyote

Cheers PB,
Thanks for the effort. Exactly what i was after.
Just to be clear these would be season stats only ie -14 matches.
I got my stats from the individual league stats for each season so as not to incorporate the PC cup or overall.

16 seasons worth of data gives me something to think about. Looks like i will have to tinker a bit but i like the idea of having a milestone honours board of some sort. Something for my players to aspire to as i watch them through their careers.

I  looked at some of my stats from 6 seasons worth but i knew they wouldn't be comparable to the higher Divs. Some other team's player in div 5 i think had a strike rate of 204 in t20 over 14 inning's :o and chris gayle was striking at over 300 in tonights big bash, so it is possible lol.
I included the SR club to identify the legendary explosive batsmen that may miss out on the 1000 runs in a season due to batting down the order.

I will have to up the eco rate by the looks but i have had 2 bowlers pull off under 3.5 so far both in div 5 though and one youth this season is on track in div 3.
I still think Eco is underated and there should be a trophy for it.

Fielding will definitely have to be upped like you said but the keeping looks about spot on.

I dont want to be entering names in every season so i want them to be illustrious clubs and achievements  :P

Thanks mate and having 18 players scoring 1000 run seasons is damn consistent 8)

PowerBug

Oh, wait. Oops, I misunderstood you :-[

auscoyote

Quote from: PowerBug on January 05, 2016, 12:46:01 AM
Oh, wait. Oops, I misunderstood you :-[

Haha, all good.
I probably should of emphasised that bit :P

Edit; have made it clearer now :-[

PowerBug

If I get time tomorrow I might go through the last few seasons see what I come up with.

auscoyote

Cool
No rush mate, only if ya get time.

It would be good if FTP could put something like this up on an honours board page as has been suggested before. Where the players name, Div#,country and age achieved gets automatically entered with maybe even a line in the commentary when they pass a goal.

I may add it to the suggestions if i can work out the right balance of requirements for each milestone club.

auscoyote

I made some slight adjustments to the requirements.

I decreased youth wickets to 30 as they have less overs that they can bowl to obtain goal.
40 wickets for seniors would be a tough ask  as it means a bowler would have to average slightly under 3 wickets per match but it makes it a prestigious club.

I slightly increased the deliveries needed to be bowled in the youth and T20 Eco rates so as balls bowled needs to be a tad over half the amount that can be bowled in a season.

These will be tough clubs to break into :P
Hope i can get the balance right.

PowerBug

That's from Season 27 and 28. Getting people into the run clubs I reckon would only happen if you were in the lower divisions.

SOD 1000 Run Club = 0
SOD 120 SR Club (Minimum 7 Inn's) = 0
SOD 40 Wkt Club = 0
SOD 3.50 Eco Club (Minimum 420 Balls) = 1
SOD Keeper Club (30 catches, 3 stumpings) = 0
SOD Fielder Club (10 catches, 1 R/O ) = 0

T20 700 Run Club = 0
T20 200 SR Club (Minimum 7 Inn's) = 0
T20 30 Wkt Club = 0
T20 4.50 Eco Club (Minimum 170 Balls) = 0
T20 Keeper Club (20 catches, 2 stumpings) = 0
T20 Fielder Club (10 catches, 1 R/O ) = 1

YTH 1000 Run Club = 0
YTH 120 SR Club (Minimum 7 Inn's) = 0
YTH 30 Wkt Club = 1
YTH 3.50 Eco Club (Minimum 340 Balls) = 1
YTH Keeper Club (25 catches, 2 stumpings) = 0
YTH Fielder Club (10 catches, 1 R/O ) = 0

PowerBug

SOD 1000 Run Club = 2
SOD 120 SR Club (Minimum 7 Inn's) = 7
SOD 40 Wkt Club = 1
SOD 3.50 Eco Club (Minimum 420 Balls) = 1
SOD Keeper Club (30 catches, 3 stumpings) = 0
SOD Fielder Club (10 catches, 1 R/O ) = 0

T20 700 Run Club = 2
T20 200 SR Club (Minimum 7 Inn's) = 0
T20 30 Wkt Club = 0
T20 4.50 Eco Club (Minimum 170 Balls) = 0
T20 Keeper Club (20 catches, 2 stumpings) = 0
T20 Fielder Club (10 catches, 1 R/O ) = 0

YTH 1000 Run Club = 0
YTH 120 SR Club (Minimum 7 Inn's) = 7
YTH 30 Wkt Club = 0
YTH 3.50 Eco Club (Minimum 340 Balls) = 0
YTH Keeper Club (25 catches, 2 stumpings) = 0
YTH Fielder Club (10 catches, 1 R/O ) = 0

And that is from Season 14, 15, 16 my first 3 full seasons.

auscoyote

Ok, maybe they might be too hard but they aint meant to be easy. How often do our Aussie batmen crack 1000 runs in a calender year. Didn't Smiddy do it recently in the one dayers or was that the tests? shower my memory is failing!

Just going through mine atm and i have 3 entries into the (SOD SR club) and 1 in the (1000 runs) in one season but that was my first season  Div 6 :P

This might be harder to work out than i first thought lol

Cheers mate.

auscoyote

I might have to research some stats from the top 3 divs to find the the balance of requirements.
I need to make them hard but obtainable.

It might be a job for the weekend.