Main Menu

From The Pavilion II

Started by m0nty, December 16, 2014, 02:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cookie311993

Quote from: PowerBug on November 03, 2015, 06:56:11 PM
Quote from: Cookie311993 on November 03, 2015, 06:42:16 PM
What even is loyalty? The same thing you gave me a hard time about when I ran for the Scotland job.
I know you asked for a spot with Australia, butlee told me. Plus, you viewed England and Canada on the same day you messaged Butlee about the Australia job
Can you please leave the Scotland Senior Nats association?
I was super reluctant in asking him to come over because of that reason, commitment. I feel like with this extra week of EOS it'll mean that elections will happen after I finish uni... WC result will be the deciding factor as to whether I have the drive to go another 2 seasons.
He just wants a senior Nat gig. Doesn't care what nation.
Sri Lanka should have no trouble finding someone to take over for you

Hellopplz

Yeah loyalty is a hard thing to gain, can't blame him for getting experience around the place, but should get involved with the country prior to running for top job, get some 'locals' to know you.

Think I've been with Scotland for most of my time (started with Australia then moved over). Even when I was a Pakistan assistant under Boomz, still followed Scotland unless we were up against them :P. Some managers are the same, they get gigs elsewhere to help out some others, but still have a nation they follow so maybe Torpy is still trying to find that nation? Go where the opportunities lie, but getting a lasting gig is when loyalty will pay off!

Saying that, whenever I'm with Nats/U19s, my club goes all shower :(.

Torpedo10

Quote from: Torpedo10 on November 03, 2015, 12:03:50 AM
Quote from: PowerBug on November 02, 2015, 11:09:48 PM
Yeah nrich, definitely get invovled with NATs. Daz has mentioned UAE numbers aren't great so I'm not gonna try to persuade anyone to come to Sri Lanka if they choose to go to UAE instead :)

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=1610013
I've only ever owned one wrist spinner in my FTP career. He's 32yo now, so time for a replacement to be prepared. Bought this for $135,000 which I think is okay considering he'll be long term. None of the skills are Green which is nice as well.
I really like that buy.

Quote from: PowerBug on November 02, 2015, 11:57:03 PM
Quote from: Nige on November 02, 2015, 11:50:51 PM
Torp wants me on board as an assistant for Lanka, should I?
Torp also needs to understand that he needs to get elected first.

FFLanka it up Nigey! I am assuming that I will be helping Torp as well as part of the handover so yeah join in, NATs are fun.
Nige overhyped the truth a bit there, I told him I'd be open to having him in a NAT setup as assistant.

Yes PB, You're the reason I'm going for SL.
What even is loyalty? The same thing you gave me a hard time about when I ran for the Scotland job.
I know you asked for a spot with Australia, butlee told me. Plus, you viewed England and Canada on the same day you messaged Butlee about the Australia job
Are you nuts? I've been trying to get into the Scottish frame for the last two seasons, while all you've done is say I'm not part of it. I didn't ASK for a spot with Australia, I consulted Butlee whether he was running for the Aus spot next season, and considering how you forced me out of Scotland I was looking for another country.

What is loyalty? YOU LEFT when we would've welcomed (We being HP AND I, the SCOTLAND national team at the time) another group member. Not ONCE have you included me, or given me interest or reason to be involved. For the record,  viewing England and Canada had nothing do with a national job, and making an assumption like that is ridiculous.

Quote from: Cookie311993 on November 03, 2015, 06:59:46 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on November 03, 2015, 06:56:11 PM
I was super reluctant in asking him to come over because of that reason, commitment. I feel like with this extra week of EOS it'll mean that elections will happen after I finish uni... WC result will be the deciding factor as to whether I have the drive to go another 2 seasons.
He just wants a senior Nat gig. Doesn't care what nation.
Sri Lanka should have no trouble finding someone to take over for you
I do care about the nation, if you hadn't noticed I'm quite involved in the general Sri Lankan community which is the reason I show interest in running. Australia was my original country, before I stuck with Scotland for TWELVE SEASONS. Hence my reason to run.

JBs-Hawks

Soo much politics, in the UAE we just chill!

PowerBug

Quote from: Hellopplz on November 03, 2015, 08:25:11 PM
Yeah loyalty is a hard thing to gain, can't blame him for getting experience around the place, but should get involved with the country prior to running for top job, get some 'locals' to know you.
That definitely has happened. Torp does get invovled on the SL forums

Torpy, get yo ass on chat

Hellopplz

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on November 03, 2015, 09:09:23 PM
Is that why Daz is trying to convert me and others over? :P

DazBurg

this guy gets it ;)

Quote from: Hellopplz on November 03, 2015, 09:17:25 PM
Is that why Daz is trying to convert me and others over? :P

yeah a nice community for us FF guys to chill
And try to take over the world

wait what

Cookie311993

QuoteAre you nuts? I've been trying to get into the Scottish frame for the last two seasons, while all you've done is say I'm not part of it. I didn't ASK for a spot with Australia, I consulted Butlee whether he was running for the Aus spot next season, and considering how you forced me out of Scotland I was looking for another country.

What is loyalty? YOU LEFT when we would've welcomed (We being HP AND I, the SCOTLAND national team at the time) another group member. Not ONCE have you included me, or given me interest or reason to be involved. For the record,  viewing England and Canada had nothing do with a national job, and making an assumption like that is ridiculous.

Please enlighten me, as to how you have tried to get into the Scottish frame. You messaged me once at the start of my tenure. Yep, you really tried. Oh wait, you mean the fact you were messaging one of my assistants to try and get him to get you an assistant spot. How did I force you out? You are an assistant with Scotland U/19's  ???

You had plenty of time to ask me if I wanted an assistant spot with the nat team. Didn't happen. I was just playing the game as a normal. I didn't approach any nat teams, I just went about business normally, still recruiting Scots. I posted on FF, that I was available to be an U/19 or nat assistant if needed. I got a message from a Bermuda member of FF.

How would you like me to include you? Sack an assistant just for you? You have barely posted in the nat team association in the 2 years, therefore I asked you to leave. Didn't happen though, yet you still didn't post

PowerBug

We've had 15 posts on this thread today, pretty amazing effort. Even if it is arguing, it's better than nothing!

PowerBug

"Wednesday 5:30 - The server move is underway. I'm hoping for the game to be back up and running again some time over the weekend. The database backup and restore itself will take a whole day."

Well, time to go 2 full days without FTP and study for this first exam of mine.

JBs-Hawks

You mean watch the cricket tomorrow right ;)

PowerBug

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on November 04, 2015, 05:52:36 PM
You mean watch the cricket tomorrow right ;)
That's what will end up happening no doubt.

Cookie311993

Will be good to have a little break from ftp. Here's hoping I survive it

PowerBug

And we are able to log in again :D

Nige

So I just bought a 25yo spec/spec opener with outs fielding for like just over 200k. Probably overs, but I'm terribly trigger happy. :-X