Main Menu

From The Pavilion II

Started by m0nty, December 16, 2014, 02:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Both teams through to Round 2 of the Cup :D

Hellopplz

Nice PB! Any making a serious run though or just going for gate takings?

I was throwing my match, played 2nd stringers + youths and rated like 138k. Won batting 2nd on a Sticky and being outrated by 17k. Can't complain, more cash to help me survive this season :P.

PowerBug

Quote from: Hellopplz on August 04, 2015, 06:33:22 PM
Nice PB! Any making a serious run though or just going for gate takings?

I was throwing my match, played 2nd stringers + youths and rated like 138k. Won batting 2nd on a Sticky and being outrated by 17k. Can't complain, more cash to help me survive this season :P.
Main will hopefully make Round 5 as per usual. Affiliate I am buying a few oldies to try and get as far as possible. (Also because of the tipping comp if my affiliate goes far I will do well as I tipped my affiliate)

Hellopplz

More reason to go far then ;). I'm sure you got some cash kept aside so can buy some decent oldies to help go a few rounds in, but probably not as far as your main.

How many do you have in your main side to make the run and still compete in Leagues?

PowerBug

Quote from: Hellopplz on August 04, 2015, 07:54:56 PM
More reason to go far then ;). I'm sure you got some cash kept aside so can buy some decent oldies to help go a few rounds in, but probably not as far as your main.

How many do you have in your main side to make the run and still compete in Leagues?
Usually I like between 20-22, anything less and I feel like I have to start giving up matches in leagues to keep fatigue down. This season the number 20, but that includes a 20yo keeper that is not any good cap/cap/accom, but I am willing to pay his wages to keep for me in PC for this season and next too. Then two guys that will be retired/sold once the run ends. When I look solely at players that are good enough to play in league matches, I have 14. I also get lucky because my Rd 3 T20 match is against a sold up team, so I can rest up completely and roll the seconds out there. It's some compensation I guess for the 170k side I had in Rd 1 where I needed to play some of my top players.

Affiliate has cash which I'm not spending, it doesn't cost that much to get some 31-33yos in the side. I already rate 170k some new additions and then i'm 190k and teams underestimate me and I'm a chance. Opponent this week has only 1 spinner and spin is the strong point of this side, so Dry it is!

Hellopplz

Yeah found need a good 20+ to make the run work. And a decent back up keeper. I can't afford to let my #1 Keeper (who's only 21) to keep 3 games a week and not suffer fatigue issues, so Cap/Cap/Acc is certainly better than a youth keeper.

Ahh, so only boosting it on lower end. Yeah, guess won't cost a heap to get it up to 190k, Outs/Outs guys should do the job there. And since you're paying attention to pitches, should be able to make it to round 3, but beyond that good luck. May need it if you get a seed then.

PowerBug

Quote from: Hellopplz on August 05, 2015, 02:04:45 AM
Yeah found need a good 20+ to make the run work. And a decent back up keeper. I can't afford to let my #1 Keeper (who's only 21) to keep 3 games a week and not suffer fatigue issues, so Cap/Cap/Acc is certainly better than a youth keeper.

Ahh, so only boosting it on lower end. Yeah, guess won't cost a heap to get it up to 190k, Outs/Outs guys should do the job there. And since you're paying attention to pitches, should be able to make it to round 3, but beyond that good luck. May need it if you get a seed then.
The back-up is just the youth keeper that promoted last season, thankfully he wasn't a complete dud. Yeah would definitely say have 20 players if you want to make it work.

Round 3 is 179th seed who rated very well in his leagues. If he takes it easy coupled with me playing my best side maybe I can get through. Still, got to win this week.

Pkbaldy

Easy win for the Firelords! 40k rating diff helps.

Pkbaldy

Close game despite the rating there PB haha! Got dropped with 5 runs to go :P

PowerBug

Quote from: Pkbaldy on August 07, 2015, 01:19:51 PM
Close game despite the rating there PB haha! Got dropped with 5 runs to go :P
You see it that way, I see it as I rested the perfect amount of players :) Just kidding I was very nervous once Chandrasekera got out.

Nige

New boy Robert Trocard did well today scoring a solid 90.  8)

DazBurg

Another grwat week for me

First in 20/20 i beat Ax by 4 runs despite being out Rated 216 to 204

Then last night i won SOD by 14 runs despite bejng out eated 227 to 205

8)

BratPack

I also won over chrisuzz despite being outrated 209 to 181

Nige

Unsurprisingly lost to PB's affiliate in a friendly, but I'm gonna pick up a win in my T20 league.

Tushar Khadim with a solid 139 not out off 65 balls while Willie Du Plessis got 5 for 15 off 3.5 overs.  8)

Pkbaldy

That's 5-0 PB :P Last time I put every batsmen and every bowler on Aggressive. I was losing wickets like no tomorrow haha.