Main Menu

From The Pavilion II

Started by m0nty, December 16, 2014, 02:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torpedo10

Quote from: DazBurg on May 05, 2015, 09:49:10 PM
Quote from: AFEV on May 05, 2015, 09:23:20 PM
Has been a good few days for me in FTP.
On Sunday cruised to victory, meaning I will play in round 4 for the first time ever, this afternoon got a pull that will hopefully net my main 6 figures, and tonight I have pulled off a 10k upset over the dominant team in Scotland to sit on top in T20 1.1 after 4 weeks.. :)
what is with all the scots youth?.......where are all the UAE ?  :'(
I got excited when you said this.

Then I realised all his Scots were $400 wage.  :P

AFEV

On Sunday cruised to victory, meaning I will play in round 4 for the first time ever, this afternoon got a pull that will hopefully net my main 6 figures, and tonight I have pulled off a 10k upset over the dominant team in Scotland to sit on top in T20 1.1 after 4 weeks.. :)
It's because I am in Scotaldn and every season when I don't have enough youths at EOS it just fills with base wage Scottish players. I still pull UAE every week, never could bring myself to pull Kenya.
And now I've brought in a future U19 batsman for UAE, why so upset Daz? ;)

DazBurg

Quote from: AFEV on May 05, 2015, 10:40:58 PM
It's because I am in Scotaldn and every season when I don't have enough youths at EOS it just fills with base wage Scottish players. I still pull UAE every week, never could bring myself to pull Kenya.
And now I've brought in a future U19 batsman for UAE, why so upset Daz? ;)

never mind i didn't look into the wage part like torpy

carry on mini heart attack averted ;)

PowerBug

PowerBug

5.4 W Thirimanne to Freedman : [stumped] Sleek work from Wettimuny, no need for the replay. The batsman's patience gave way as he shimmied and shuffled down the pitch. Thirimanne saw him coming and cleverly dragged it down, completely beating him with some sharp spin.
L. Freedman st S. Wettimuny b. D. Thirimanne 2 (11b 0x4 0x6) SR:18.18

And with that Thirimanne becomes my affiliate's leading wicket taker with 87 YOD wickets :)

Pkbaldy

Well yesterday i had my gun spinner Luke Dunstan get a 4 a double hatrick, maiden over. Pretty happy with that.

PowerBug

Torpy and I are playing our Rd 4 PC matches today.

R. Jadeja (lfs) 5-1-25-0, E. Anderson 42 (63b), W. Lovell 25 (36b)
End of over 25 (7 runs) - Torpedo's Titans(113-2) RR 4.52
Sunny/Dry

N. Williams (lws) 7-0-41-0, K. Horton 65 (77b), S. Watson 33 (37b)
End of over 25 (3 runs) - PowerBugCC(131-3) RR 5.24
Sunny/Hard

And the links if anyone is interested :)
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/commentary.htm?gameId=3215524
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/commentary.htm?gameId=3215536

AFEV

Messages (5)!

5 players going on tour... :(
Goodbye PC, it was nice knowing you. Time to throw round 4..
3 of the 5 players I lose are spinners as well, kind of hard to cover that.

Cookie311993

Quote from: AFEV on May 10, 2015, 06:03:54 PM
Messages (5)!

They will be rested fatigue though for pc

PowerBug

Quote from: Cookie311993 on May 10, 2015, 06:59:59 PM
Quote from: AFEV on May 10, 2015, 06:03:54 PM
Messages (5)!

They will be rested fatigue though for pc
Yep I wouldn't be throwing the match because your NATs are fully rested for PC matches :D

So I won, by 17 runs. Harry Roach is officially a gun. Taken a bloody long time for him to be a consistent player in my Best XI, but at 28 now he is really starting to dominate. He blew the match away from the former champs with an exciting 67* off 49 batting with the tail. And then he stood up when he needed to, taking two top order wickets and then coming back at the end of the innings with the last two wickets to get me through to Round 5.

67* (49) and 4-54, MOTM every day of the week. Horton was unlucky seeing as he scored 115 (114).

So happy to be through, now to beat the 5th seed >:D

PowerBug

My Round 5 opponent had a friendly match, and being the sneaky fella I am I had to take a look at his ratings.

Crossfire Hurricane
Batting - Top Order    14,880
Batting - Middle Order    12,280
Batting - Tail    4,675
Bowling - Seam    14,726 (40)
Bowling - Spin    13,700 (10)
Fielding/Keeping    16,345
Overall    244,310

And judging by his selection of players for the match I can see him picking that XI on Sunday... I suppose there's a reason he is the 5th seed. One positive though is that he has some fatigued boys, so I hope to get a 220k side and then use my brilliance to beat him from there :P

I will have my best XI available but I really wish that I was the home team, bloke only has two spinners and spin the only area that I beat him. Uneven it will likely be :(

Hellopplz

Guys I have some sad news :(. At the age of 33, Daniel Currie has decided to call it time on his career at Hello CC. I have decided to give him a farewell match at home in our upcoming SOD match against KISS.

Daniel Currie is a club icon plus a former U19 and Senior National for New Zealand! All started with his debut for New Zealand U19s in a World Cup, also averaging 32.89 in 10 games for the Seniors (just under 300 runs).

Onto club achievements, he's my current #2 OD run scorer with 6090 runs in 193 matches with an average of just under 40! No easy task when considering for most of his senior career he's been playing Div 1/2 competition! #3 All time T20 run scorer for us at 3707 and #2 YOD scorer for us (at an insane 69.68 average across 50 matches)! His catching ability in the field is unmatched across the Seniors.

So sad to see him go, but his time has come, with his skills falling and he feels bad keeping younger bats out of the team while he's unable to perform at past high levels. His long-time friend Harrison Morgan was in tears at the announcement, and has now started contemplating when he should pull the plug on his career :'(.

Nige

Played a bot today, but still had some ridiculous performances.

William Walkley opened and made 224 off 150 not out.

Amoghardasin Chengelpet should have got a 100 but made 92 after getting out after hitting the ball twice.

Willie Du Plessis got 7 for 5 with off 2.5 with a maiden thrown in there.

Now hopefully they replicate it against actual competition.  :P

DazBurg

Quote from: Hellopplz on May 14, 2015, 04:18:44 PM
Guys I have some sad news :(. At the age of 33, Daniel Currie has decided to call it time on his career at Hello CC. I have decided to give him a farewell match at home in our upcoming SOD match against KISS.

Daniel Currie is a club icon plus a former U19 and Senior National for New Zealand! All started with his debut for New Zealand U19s in a World Cup, also averaging 32.89 in 10 games for the Seniors (just under 300 runs).

Onto club achievements, he's my current #2 OD run scorer with 6090 runs in 193 matches with an average of just under 40! No easy task when considering for most of his senior career he's been playing Div 1/2 competition! #3 All time T20 run scorer for us at 3707 and #2 YOD scorer for us (at an insane 69.68 average across 50 matches)! His catching ability in the field is unmatched across the Seniors.

So sad to see him go, but his time has come, with his skills falling and he feels bad keeping younger bats out of the team while he's unable to perform at past high levels. His long-time friend Harrison Morgan was in tears at the announcement, and has now started contemplating when he should pull the plug on his career :'(.

:(

PowerBug