Main Menu

From The Pavilion II

Started by m0nty, December 16, 2014, 02:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

auscoyote

Quote from: PowerBug on April 09, 2015, 09:14:43 AM
I can see why people would pay that price. Definitely train fielding to the level you require in your team straight away.
Cheers PB

AFEV

Quote from: auscoyote on April 09, 2015, 11:22:45 AM
Quote from: PowerBug on April 09, 2015, 09:14:43 AM
I can see why people would pay that price. Definitely train fielding to the level you require in your team straight away.
Cheers PB
I'd go for the extra level (outstanding) if I was you mate. The price will be warranted if you keep him throughout his career and he'll be an extremely high level player, only expert fielding will not be high enough for the level he'll reach and you'll end up losing training time by training that fielding later.
This is of course assuming you don't need immediate results from him.

auscoyote

Ok thanks,

I was thinking to go to halfway outs/spec as well, so like you said he is set for the future. I was going to put some batting in between though so thanks for the advice to train fielding outright. I Have already trained another decent kid up to spec fielding but it took longer than expected.

If i can afford it later in the season is it worth upgrading to Deluxe academy. I have slightly noticed the diff between Lav/Lux but it seems a lot $$$ to upgrade/maintain Dlux. Fairly sure Superior is best value for money but Lux seems pretty good atm. Just dont know if the upgrade would be worth all those extra $$$ if i could afford it.

AFEV

Deluxe (IMHO) is only ever worth it if you have an entire squad of mostly young players that are all of high value (ie collective value >5 million) or if you have 1 player in particular that you have invested >1 million into that you need to ensure doesn't lose value being in a sub standard academy.
Of course you can run a deluxe academy without these factors, but only if there are surplus funds to shovel into it.

auscoyote

Quote from: AFEV on April 09, 2015, 04:13:23 PM
Deluxe (IMHO) is only ever worth it if you have an entire squad of mostly young players that are all of high value (ie collective value >5 million) or if you have 1 player in particular that you have invested >1 million into that you need to ensure doesn't lose value being in a sub standard academy.
Of course you can run a deluxe academy without these factors, but only if there are surplus funds to shovel into it.

Cheers Mate, good advice. Shall stick with Lux while i can afford it then.

PowerBug

Stayed up later than I would've liked to land this fella: Nasser Al-Attiyah
I had to fork out a solid $850,000, that purchase only beaten by that of when I needed $1.08 million for Adrian Zahra. Now I have to work out how to train him, He is probably not first team material this season unless I train power but his wage and summaries suggest that something is close to popping (probably batting).

I now have a 28yo AR, a 24yo AR, and a 20yo AR. I'm set for a while :)

Nails

I log on once or twice a week now

missed 2 19yos I would have gone to 800k+ for. both went hell cheap.

tempted to let my teams expire.

BratPack

I've made a couple of purchases. Only real overpay for me was this guy. I paid 475k for him

20 years | 39,812 rating | $3,931 wage (0% discount)
Left hand batsman | Right arm Finger spin
Talents Doosra
Nationality NetherlandsThis player is a member of the national squad Netherlands
Form reasonable
Fatigue rested
Experience capable
Captaincy dreadful

Skills Summary
Batsman capable
Bowler accomplished
Keeper poor
Allrounder reliable

Skills
Batting capable Endurance reasonable
Bowling accomplished Technique accomplished
Keeping dreadful Power ordinary
Fielding capable

But if you know my team when you see his name you'll understand why.

QuoteBart Huizenga

PowerBug

I know it's only a preseason friendly but you're a little quiet afev :P

DazBurg

Quote from: PowerBug on April 12, 2015, 12:45:33 PM
think his obviously been busy
i figure as much as he got his revenge on me for last season OD and still hasnt mentioned it

PowerBug

Quote from: DazBurg on April 12, 2015, 01:45:32 PM
i figure as much as he got his revenge on me for last season OD and still hasnt mentioned it
I'm referring to this:

Match Ratings
     PowerBugCC    Opium Splendour
Batting - Top Order    10,862    12,986
Batting - Middle Order    11,501    12,599
Batting - Tail    3,544    5,090
Bowling - Seam    10,722 (40)    13,737 (30)
Bowling - Spin    14,547 (10)    13,613 (20)
Fielding/Keeping    14,850    16,204
Overall    202,074    234,667

Result:   PowerBugCC won by 21 runs

DazBurg

Quote from: PowerBug on April 12, 2015, 06:32:23 PM
Quote from: DazBurg on April 12, 2015, 01:45:32 PM
I'm referring to this:

Match Ratings
     PowerBugCC    Opium Splendour
Batting - Top Order    10,862    12,986
Batting - Middle Order    11,501    12,599
Batting - Tail    3,544    5,090
Bowling - Seam    10,722 (40)    13,737 (30)
Bowling - Spin    14,547 (10)    13,613 (20)
Fielding/Keeping    14,850    16,204
Overall    202,074    234,667

Result:   PowerBugCC won by 21 runs
i figured you won hust stating he did not even post when he won

AFEV

Have to say, wasn't very happy they failed to chase this, especially with the batting line-up I had, and being in this position -

End of over 29 (2 runs) - Opium Splendour(102-2). 71 runs required from 21 overs. RR 3.52 RRR 3.38
B. Gent 21 (41b), T. Swift 11 (28b), H. Roach (rfm) 5-1-9-1

One of those two wickets was Pyke who came in to pinch hit. To lose from here was pretty bad, have to say I thought I would chase 172 in humid weather and with 2 ARs.
Very impressive from you to get the win there though, can't take anything away from you.
And Daz you actually got me yesterday in the return game. Scheduled a heap of friendlies early in the season to try  some things, needless to say - not working particularly well. :P
Bowled out for 127 on a hot/slow is a pretty weak effort from a deep batting line-up. Wondering if with the batting from Relton if playing him alongside the 2 ARs is actually viable or if it will just continually trigger humongous collapses, I know the wickets in FTP come in groups, but that's serious under-performance.

PowerBug

Nah just a friendly, I was meant to change orders because Mupariwa I just sold (To a team in my T20 league of all teams ::)), and wanted to play the new AR

AFEV

Quote from: PowerBug on April 13, 2015, 08:06:04 PM
Nah just a friendly, I was meant to change orders because Mupariwa I just sold (To a team in my T20 league of all teams ::)), and wanted to play the new AR
That sucks majorly.
The Paki AR? He looks mint, lack of a talent the only real issue there. Prodigy is such a sad sight on players over 20.