Main Menu

From The Pavilion II

Started by m0nty, December 16, 2014, 02:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torpedo10

You're fielders are making up for it with some crazy luck:

Passed 27/27 fielding checks, I'm looking forward to the same luck considering my keeper is pretty equal to yours and I haven't got a player with lower than Outstanding fielding.

Torpedo10

B. Austin (rws) 10-0-85-3, A. Simon 3 (2b), B. Mahmoud 35 (36b)
End of over 46 (11 runs) - Torpedo's Titans(319-6) RR 6.93

Double wicket over, Blair is quite hit and miss. Made some top scores and a few ducks. Hurst rock solid there with 72.

PowerBug

Don't expect the same mate, more pressure in the 2nd innings. Inways have a knack of passing checks in the field, but Maloney I'd have though would bring my level down a bit. Maybe because your keeper is of the same level he has done well?

Torpedo10

I know I won't but it's always nice to dream.  :P I don't think our fielding ratings will be too different.

H. Roach (rfm) 10-0-80-2, A. Simon 25 (15b), K. Bharucha 0 (0b)
End of over 50 (8 runs) - Torpedo's Titans(349-9) RR 6.98

Simon has gone from opening and averaging 15 to actually making a small difference in my past couple of friendlies and my last OD down at 8. Considering he's 22 stepping up to become a full time keeper at Div 2 level he needs to be quality!

Bowling will be a task, I rate my team on a Hard pitch and I reckon 350 will be too much for PBs bunch, especially considering they don't have the longest batting lineup.

AFEV

Should be able to defend that I think Torp.
In a moment of boredom tonight I've decided to overhaul my affiliate and start using it to play the game properly (both youths and seniors).
Already excited to keep Isa and potentially see him through to retirement from a 16 year old youthie.

PowerBug

Yep definitely won't chase they down, lost Aronstam now.

AFEV

Woahhh, since when was Aronstam 27?
Feels like the second era of FF FTP is going to come to a close in the next few seasons.

Torpedo10

Quote from: AFEV on March 30, 2015, 06:23:07 PM
In a moment of boredom tonight I've decided to overhaul my affiliate and start using it to play the game properly (both youths and seniors).
Already excited to keep Isa and potentially see him through to retirement from a 16 year old youthie.
I actually think we have a mental connection.  :o

I had the exact same thought about 20 minutes ago when staring at a bunch of my youths in my affiliate, have upgraded my SA and bidded on a few 22yo batsmen. Now I'm considering moving to NZ with my affiliate, will probably just hold in Scotland.

As you said, I'd love to keep Coupar, Irving and Christie through to retirement and hopefully pull a few more beasts.

AFEV

Quote from: Torpedo10 on March 30, 2015, 06:44:12 PM

I had the exact same thought about 20 minutes ago when staring at a bunch of my youths in my affiliate, have upgraded my SA and bidded on a few 22yo batsmen. Now I'm considering moving to NZ with my affiliate, will probably just hold in Scotland.

As you said, I'd love to keep Coupar, Irving and Christie through to retirement and hopefully pull a few more beasts.
Come to NZ! My affiliate is there and we can battle through the dredges together.
I think I will sell off most of my high value players (Aliyy, Choudhury, Suji, Azam) and put the money away for a while so that I can balance out my academies and move up through the lower leagues before making a play with the war chest.

Ideally will end up with a sustainable home-grown/buy at 16 and raise from there system.

Torpedo10

Quote from: AFEV on March 30, 2015, 06:43:08 PM
Feels like the second era of FF FTP is going to come to a close in the next few seasons.
Thithagala, Ohanga  :'( :'(

I'll probably hold on for them until 32ish though so not all is lost....yet.

Torpedo10

Quote from: AFEV on March 30, 2015, 06:49:52 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on March 30, 2015, 06:44:12 PM

Come to NZ! My affiliate is there and we can battle through the dredges together.
I think I will sell off most of my high value players (Aliyy, Choudhury, Suji, Azam) and put the money away for a while so that I can balance out my academies and move up through the lower leagues before making a play with the war chest.

Ideally will end up with a sustainable home-grown/buy at 16 and raise from there system.
If someone is prepared to donate me 40 credits I would but until I win a competition that earns me those credits I can't.   :( I'd also have to move before Thursday, I'm just as likely to promote in YOD next season in Scotland.

I'll probably keep Irving, he's close to Exp/Outs and I probably wouldn't get my worth for him.

PowerBug

Quote from: Torpedo10 on March 30, 2015, 06:50:13 PM

Tell me about it. He's done alright for avg/dread YP. ;) Won't get NATs because I can't find that last batting pop, and he needs Power now so I'm doing that until retirement, which will be at like 35 :P

So we have teams in NZ I see. Maybe I'll move my affiliate there and join you :o

I am excited about this batting lineup though, will get two full seasons together at least and it's full with talents (Seam Spec, Seam Spec, Accumulator, -, BH, BH) it's one that will punch above their weight.

AFEV

Quote from: PowerBug on March 30, 2015, 06:57:27 PM

Tell me about it. He's done alright for avg/dread YP. ;) Won't get NATs because I can't find that last batting pop, and he needs Power now so I'm doing that until retirement, which will be at like 35 :P
Yeah, Pyke, Gent, and Clarke (maybe Roberts) will probably all get games 2-3 seasons into their 30s.
Clarke is shooting for 7k SOD runs for the club, Pyke going for 300 SOD wickets. If I got my act together and filled every friendly slot MPM could probably push 1000 wickets across all formats for the club.

Also sorry Torp if I could transfer the credits I have to you I would.
DO it PB. :)

Torpedo10

Quote from: PowerBug on March 30, 2015, 06:57:27 PM

This will be Ohanga, like Dorenagama only Ohanga will play in 2 World Cups.  :P

JBs-Hawks

My affiliate will be running both academies as of next season and my main the season after.