Main Menu

From The Pavilion II

Started by m0nty, December 16, 2014, 02:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torpedo10

Quote from: PowerBug on March 24, 2015, 10:18:31 PM
Torp has it kinda right. Buy no more than 3 players between 24 and 27, and around but not over a 10k wage. That way you will get some better results quickly.

In addition, look here.

Torp, quit complaining about not having money to get you to Div 1.
Dude, I'll promote next season for sure. I've got the players.   :P

I'm complaining about not being able to buy more players.  :(

Nige

Hellopplz

The last time I bought a Senior aged player was 11 July 2011, and I've been in Division 1 so.... :P.

PowerBug

Quote from: Torpedo10 on March 24, 2015, 10:51:18 PM
And you need more players because?

Shaggy

Quote from: PowerBug on March 25, 2015, 10:37:05 AM

Because he is an addict who if he stopped spending money on useless upgrades constantly, would have money and likely be in Division 1.

But he never listens.

Torpedo10

Quote from: Shaggy on March 25, 2015, 01:43:33 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on March 25, 2015, 10:37:05 AM

Because he is an addict who if he stopped spending money on useless upgrades constantly, would have money and likely be in Division 1.

But he never listens.
Always love to bash talk me don't ya Shags.  :P

My squad isn't ready for Div 1 and in all fairness I probably would've relegated straight back.

Nige

Slightly trigger happy on the bid button. Barely got any cash left because I've currently got bids on way too many players.  :-X

I mean, I probably won't get most of them, but still. You'd think I'd have learned from my first two experiences.

I think I may have paid overs for my three buys atm but I'm not sure.

AFEV

Quote from: Pkbaldy on March 23, 2015, 10:44:56 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on March 23, 2015, 10:42:41 PM
Quote from: Pkbaldy on March 23, 2015, 10:41:07 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on March 23, 2015, 10:33:32 PM
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=877397

Mission accomplished. Not the best, but for 55k I'll take that, my batting lineup is ageing and my youth isn't quite there yet.

Good win mate. I'm still searching for a half decent bowler.
He patient, find the right player. Don't spend too much so you end up broke

I am :P That's why i'm dodging most of them haha. There is 1 I really like (partly for the name haha) but I reckon he will go way to far out of my budget haha...
Not totally sure what demographic you're looking at to bring into your team, but I'll be selling this guy at EOS as he won't cut the mustard for my squad. I don't think he'll go for too much as he isn't at a great age value wise, but has been trained in a way that I think he'd be immediately useful for you going through lower leagues. :)

AFEV

Quote from: Nige on March 25, 2015, 08:50:07 PM
Slightly trigger happy on the bid button. Barely got any cash left because I've currently got bids on way too many players.  :-X

I mean, I probably won't get most of them, but still. You'd think I'd have learned from my first two experiences.

Just don't spend more than 20k on any one guy to begin with would be my big advice. You can gradually substitute in guys that are more and more valuable, but you're better off having a spread of 11 guys that are reli/reli than 4 guys that are outs/outs and then absolute trash.

Nige

Quote from: AFEV on March 26, 2015, 06:18:04 PM
Quote from: Nige on March 25, 2015, 08:50:07 PM

Just don't spend more than 20k on any one guy to begin with would be my big advice. You can gradually substitute in guys that are more and more valuable, but you're better off having a spread of 11 guys that are reli/reli than 4 guys that are outs/outs and then absolute trash.
Yeah, I realised my mistake instantly and I'm already regretting it. Also misread one guy as being at a 1k starting price when he was 10k, so I flowered up pretty bad there and he's not remotely worth 10k, so I won't be getting outbid on him either.

I missed out on getting a wrist spinner earlier today, but have been on this guy for a while. I was leading bid at 3k until just now. Not sure whether I should bother chasing him or instead save my money to pursue some decent, cheap batsman which I need more than bowlers at this point, even though a wrist spinner would be nice.

PowerBug

I'd avoid that spinner. No fielding, and primaries are bad. Wait until EOS, you will find much better players and lots of them

Nige

Quote from: PowerBug on March 26, 2015, 07:04:24 PM
I'd avoid that spinner. No fielding, and primaries are bad. Wait until EOS, you will find much better players and lots of them
Yeah, I'm giving him a miss.

Currently sitting on Chengelpet, Verley and Lashley.

I'm fairly certain I won't get any of them. But I figure they'd be okay at their current prices.

PowerBug

Quote from: Nige on March 26, 2015, 07:20:46 PM

I'm fairly certain I won't get any of them. But I figure they'd be okay at their current prices.
If you do get them, train secondaries (Power, Endurance, fielding). And then buy guys that are 19-21 right now for the rest of the squad.

Pkbaldy

Just finished my first ODI friend against a human (who is now a bot because they seemed to of gotten banned last couple of  days? haha). Few highlights (In my opinion):

Hugh McCarthy opened and scored 77 runs.
My main boy Honest wa  Kitonga scored 76 runs coming in at 6 after my middle fell under.
And an ordin batter Denesh Bayley scored 35 off 26 balls.
Then a fair bowling stint from Olivier Blokhout who got 8-30 off 8 overs.

Ended up winning easy by just under 200 runs.

Nige

Quote from: PowerBug on March 26, 2015, 07:33:09 PM
Quote from: Nige on March 26, 2015, 07:20:46 PM

If you do get them, train secondaries (Power, Endurance, fielding). And then buy guys that are 19-21 right now for the rest of the squad.
Yep, that's the plan.