Main Menu

From The Pavilion II

Started by m0nty, December 16, 2014, 02:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBs-Hawks

So the u19 tour has cost me my first game of the youth season. Should have won though but my good batsmen all failed  >:(

nrich102

I've requested to move countries, so it doesn't matter if I promote or not, right? I'll be in the lowest league in that country?

Colliwobblers

Quote from: nrich102 on February 04, 2015, 07:50:18 PM
I've requested to move countries, so it doesn't matter if I promote or not, right? I'll be in the lowest league in that country?

think you will go into 4 again after the bots are dropped out of the leagues, maybe 5 if its england or aus but the smaller countries have less humans so should stay in 4

but yeah if your moving promoting means more prizemoney so no harm coming first :)

PowerBug

Yeah promotion doesn't matter now :) Good choice of country too ;)

nrich102

Quote from: PowerBug on February 04, 2015, 07:57:32 PM
Haha, I may or may not have taken listened to what you said on chat haha.

PowerBug

Quote from: nrich102 on February 04, 2015, 08:48:25 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on February 04, 2015, 07:57:32 PM
Haha, I may or may not have taken listened to what you said on chat haha.
FTP is the only time you can take any interest into what I say

Cookie311993

Imo, sell everyone 28 or older and just tank the rest of the season. Come eos start buying players 20-24 years old

Hellopplz

Quote from: PowerBug on February 04, 2015, 11:24:07 AM
Dammit, I went to hit Quote on nrich's message, and I accidently hit delete ::) Stupid mod powers

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/club.htm?teamId=3949
There's his team. And the post went something like, "I'm selling one person, it'll leave me with 12 players, I don't really want to sell anyone else."

Sorry about that, epic fail.
It's happened before, don't sweat it!

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on February 04, 2015, 07:47:30 PM
So the u19 tour has cost me my first game of the youth season. Should have won though but my good batsmen all failed  >:(
Ouch, that's gotta hurt :(. Especially with two more tour weeks to come, hopefully able to win those. I was lucky, one of my replacement bats came in and knocked 100+ to help get me over the line.

Good advice Colli, agree with what you said. For beginners or those starting over with limited budget, the level of players will certainly be different/lower than most others on here. With a new look squad of 20 y.o's next season (If say Rel/Rel to Acc/Acc), should be rating between 130-140k, which is perfectly fine for Division 4 Nrich as they are still young guys. Been helping Cicjose completely rebuild his side around some great youths he raised, so it certainly is slow progress at first, but it also helps you be able to maintain budget and improve squad slowly once you get the younger guys in to save wages.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Hellopplz on February 05, 2015, 05:57:44 PM

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on February 04, 2015, 07:47:30 PM
Ouch, that's gotta hurt :(. Especially with two more tour weeks to come, hopefully able to win those. I was lucky, one of my replacement bats came in and knocked 100+ to help get me over the line.

Good advice Colli, agree with what you said. For beginners or those starting over with limited budget, the level of players will certainly be different/lower than most others on here. With a new look squad of 20 y.o's next season (If say Rel/Rel to Acc/Acc), should be rating between 130-140k, which is perfectly fine for Division 4 Nrich as they are still young guys. Been helping Cicjose completely rebuild his side around some great youths he raised, so it certainly is slow progress at first, but it also helps you be able to maintain budget and improve squad slowly once you get the younger guys in to save wages.

And another of my 18 yos just got added to the Kenyan squad  ???

Hellopplz

Got another U19 Nat ;D. They may be having like an U18 match over the weekend?

I probably wouldn't complain, unless they tour next time as well haha.

Cookie Monster

End of over 43 (5 runs) - DirtyMoes(218-7). 144 runs required from 7 overs. RR 5.07 RRR 20.57

Cookie Monster

Hilly's Heroics won by 136 runs

#TheReturn

PowerBug

P. John (lfs) 6-0-29-1, T. Oegema 30 (59b), M. Wallace 16 (39b)
End of over 26 (5 runs) - Dogs of War XI(112-2) RR 4.31

Hoping to send off my three lads with a win today. Sunny/Dry and he only has one spinner :-\

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=540865
Zahra getting some bids yay!

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=643299
John still nothing though? :(

PowerBug

30.5 2 W Issa to Wardlaw : [runout]  Wardlaw turned blind and is well short of his ground.
W. Wardlaw run out (D. Sands) 76 (96b 5x4 2x6) SR:79.17

I... I... I don't believe it. Wardlaw and Watson were 28 runs away from the victory target, still 19 overs to go, and that happens. Wardlaw's last ball in FTP, run out, for 76.

Dorenagama might be the name that I boast about all the time, however William Wardlaw is no doubt, my greatest ever player. Finishes with 6,902 runs @ 40.36. I bought him in Season 14, 1,312 days ago. In that time, he's played 22 Pav Cup matches, and 163 SOD matches. Which, when you convert it to 14 per season, it means that he's missed a total of 11 Friday matches, 8 of them came in one season when he was briefly pushed out of the best XI. In the other 11.5 seasons, he's missed 3 matches, that is some effort. Apart from the fault in Season 20, he has been in the top 3 run scorers for the season for my club, 11/12 times. It is a feat that will likely never be matched. It's just fitting really that my best player is a left hander from Zimbabwe, fits in nicely with my real life favourite.

33.5 3 McDonagh to Horton : Played wide of mid-on and they'll come back for 3. The players run onto the ground, hugging each other. The careers of Paul John, Adrian Zahra, and William Wardlaw have ended in a comprehensive victory. Wardlaw is lifted by two players that spent the most of the 14 seasons with him, Sadique Watson and Paul Aronstam.

J. McDonagh (rfm) 6.5-0-36-1, K. Horton 13 (11b), S. Watson 32 (49b)
End of over 34 (10 runs) - PowerBugCC(184-3) RR 5.41

PowerBugCC won by 7 wickets.

PowerBugCC Dogs of War XI
Batting - Top Order 12,711 13,704
Batting - Middle Order 10,356 10,160
Batting - Tail 4,497 6,370
Bowling - Seam 12,760 (20) 12,298 (30)
Bowling - Spin 14,162 (30) 9,186 (20)
Fielding/Keeping 15,406 10,427
Overall 219,985 201,117

William Wardlaw, I salute you. :'(

P.S. Not bad for a bloke who only ever got to outs/outs ;)

DazBurg

know how you feel PB i retired Ritula start of this season after buying him 2 days before season 12 started

*salutes Wardlaw*