Main Menu

From The Pavilion II

Started by m0nty, December 16, 2014, 02:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

B. Guarnere (rfs) 4-0-9-5, I. Ommar 1 (2b), G. Wundenberg 0 (1b)
End of over 18 (3 runs) - Luna Purpura(113-9). 27 runs required from 2 overs. RR 6.28 RRR 13.50

Could only tie from here. Ommar has accomplished batting, Wundenberg though hit 16 off 7, ordinary batting. Finisher talent though.

Was annoyed but when I look at the ratings I guess I was lucky to tie

Match Ratings

PowerBugCC Luna Purpura
Batting - Top Order 12,868 12,994
Batting - Middle Order 8,050 12,056
Batting - Tail 4,506 7,215
Bowling - Seam 12,174 (8) 12,446 (12)
Bowling - Spin 14,087 (12) 13,047 (8)
Fielding/Keeping 15,225 15,827
Overall 209,475 232,763

Bill Guarnere took 5/9 in a collapse of 8/45

nrich102

Sooo... I'm in $110k of debt, and that was just the 3rd week in a row of been in debt for, what do I do to lower my debt level? Allready downgraded both academies and have put a player up for sale. What do I do? If I'm not back in the positive my best player will be sold :(

DazBurg

Quote from: nrich102 on February 03, 2015, 10:22:56 PM
Sooo... I'm in $110k of debt, and that was just the 3rd week in a row of been in debt for, what do I do to lower my debt level? Allready downgraded both academies and have put a player up for sale. What do I do? If I'm not back in the positive my best player will be sold :(

how down graded?

nrich102

Quote from: The BeDazzler on February 03, 2015, 10:23:58 PM

how down graded?
Just put them down to reasonable.

DazBurg

Quote from: nrich102 on February 03, 2015, 10:25:43 PM

how down graded?

you should be able to work out how much sponsorship you get etc and how much it costs for those reasonable and roughly see how much profit you'll make......if worse comes to worse might need to drop one right down and run 1 while gaining money back....

nrich102

Quote from: The BeDazzler on February 03, 2015, 10:30:27 PM
Quote from: nrich102 on February 03, 2015, 10:25:43 PM

how down graded?

you should be able to work out how much sponsorship you get etc and how much it costs for those reasonable and roughly see how much profit you'll make......if worse comes to worse might need to drop one right down and run 1 while gaining money back....
Have to wait a week until doing that, by which time it would be to late :(.

I'm projected to lose $4,000 this week, but I'm selling a guy, who's wage is $2,000 and hoping to get some more money as well. It also doesn't consider gate takings, so hopefully I can get some well out crowds this week.

PowerBug

Just, whatever you do, don't quit the game because you are in debt. If it gets really bad, might be worth selling most of what you own, and kinda starting afresh again.

Cookie311993

Sell all your old buggers. You don't need them in your leagues

Colliwobblers

do you have a link to your team so i can have a look at what you have on FTP nrich?

im still a learner but i have some experience at managing the situation you are in with both my clubs.

managed to have one with a solid senior squad one with a rebuilt senior squad and both with 23 youths.

both have excellent senior academy one has luxurious youth academy and the other superior.

i go into debt most weeks but i get out of debt most weeks too....

as i said im still learning but i am managing to make some inroads.

PowerBug

Dammit, I went to hit Quote on nrich's message, and I accidently hit delete ::) Stupid mod powers

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/club.htm?teamId=3949
There's his team. And the post went something like, "I'm selling one person, it'll leave me with 12 players, I don't really want to sell anyone else."

Sorry about that, epic fail.

PowerBug

Now to reply. You spend $130k on senior wages for a team in Div 4. Now I reckon you can cut that wage bill by about $50k, and still promote this season. If you can reveal your skills of players that would be great, but from what I see:
- The player you are trying to sell won't sell. Reasonable tech is not good. You want players with batting (or bowling) and tech the same
- You have wayyyyyy too many old guys, who would not be worth the wages you spend on them. From 30 and onwards skills start declining, you may have noticed this, those 32yo's will be dropping quickly and the wage you pay them is not the return you get from them.
- What needs to happen is all your top waged players need to go, everyone with a wage in 5 digits. As it's a requirement to have 12 seniors on your list, selling them all off might take a while, you will need to make purchases in return.
- In return the top lot of players you should buy, can look something like this guy. Now you won't be able to buy him specifically as you have no money, but look for a few players like him from next week.

You fell for a very common mistake that lots of new managers do, so don't feel bad. But the beauty of the game is you can rectify it.

Colliwobblers

So Nrich for what help i can suggest....

I'm still learning, but after making all the wrong moves when i started, then asking tons of questions I have managed to compete at my div level, run youth farm type youth squads and prote to div3 in seniors one team each club, and have 15k ground capacities and both academies in both clubs pretty high, and not go broke. So ive worked a few things out.

PB is right of course. but even if you sell off all your old players on high wages you cant afford 14 players as good as what PB linked to above.

I would look at 20yo with accom/accom bat or bowl and tech. reas fielding minimum and avg exp minimum, should be 3k-4k wages.

Best time to buy them is a week after the end of season after the crazy people pay too much for the ones they need there is a big surplus of them available at that level. wait too many weeks into the season and any for sale start to get dearer again.

I kept two promoted from my youth squad this season and two other decent 22 and 24 year olds on low wages and bought 10 of these guys between 44k and 34k all up cost me about 60k to buy the lot.

wont compete this season but i will next season and still sitting in mid table in div4 league, tho cant compete in my div3 league.

but my senior academy is excelent so these guys will improve pretty quick and in a season or two i should promote back into div3 and as they age they will all be great players because i got them at the level they are supposed to be at the age i got them.

so i would do exactly what PB said, if you can start now, buy a 20yo like i said above, and sell the highest wage player you have, and repeat until your entire team is 20yo. and on a wage under 4k.

you'll start making money and as you so upgrade your senior academy as far as you can afford.

make sure your ground has enough seats for the crowds you draw, not too many more thats wasted money, but if you are filling it increase it, and if you increase it the fee is big regardless of the seats you add so add more rather than less.

another thing is your youth academy is not high enough to do much good at this point, so those two 16 yo you have over 20k sell them. they wont become senior keepers or gun youths in a reas academy i dont think so if you can get good money for them to help fix your senior situation do it.

you can always turn your attention to youths later. as it is a fun part of the game i find, but hard to do both , which i attempt to do.

same goes for any 16yo gun youths you pull, sell them. and if need be until you are financially well off, even downgrade the youth academy further.

both my teams go into and out of debt each week, i still have a few old seniors to sell from my main which i will this season, but i am balancing the books with both clubs.

one has the rebuilt senior team as i suggest you do, and the other has an older higher wage senior team, but neither at my level has a player over 10k in wages.

both have excellent senior academies and main has luxurious youth academy and affiliate has superior youth academy.

the key is gate takings and sponsorship so you want to compete to get thse both up but in div 4 as PB said you can compete with all your players under 10k wages.

i will compete with all my players under 6k wages next season because they are well rounded players with talents that boost them, and it is only div4.

both my teams are revealed so you can see the different senior squads. if you want to.

Colliwobblers: http://www.fromthepavilion.org/club.htm?teamId=6094

DodgeyOnes: http://www.fromthepavilion.org/club.htm?teamId=4202

keeping in mind i made a lot of bad purchases in my first season and sacked a lot and sold a lot cheaper than i bougth them for, i learned and i have also found you can make a fair bit of money buying players with spare ratings that are maybe rel/rel and selling them after a couple of months training at acom/acom for a big profit. also older players exp/exp doesnt look as good outstanding/outstanding, and 47k rating doesnt look as good as 50k so you can make good money buying and selling players over the short term. doesnt work as well if at all for youths, they are never worth as much as they are the day you pull them (generally speaking)

Colliwobblers >> Transfer History
Total Purchases:   $783,479   Average (per purchase):   $13,991
Total Sales:   $1,046,015   Average (per sale):   $23,773
Net Balance:   $262,536   Number of transfers:   100

and note to the gurus out there: when i say ive done well, and "great players" , i am talking from the point of view of a beginner :) giving advice to another beginner :)

nrich102

Thanks guys. I've revealed the skills to all the players in my senior squad, so take a look at them.

Will look into guys around the 20 you mark, after I get out of debt. Also I want to upgrade my stadium to 7500 seats, but I'll need to get that money first.

Colliwobblers

i'll leave it to more experienced guys to tell you who to sell first, but you have one spare player in your senior squad so i'd sell one that would put you into the black then buy a 20 yo, then do it again each week or so this season.

if you are going to rebuild which you kind of have to promoting to div3 might not be what you want this season, sure you get more experience for the players and more gate takings per seat, but you'll lose every game next season, attract less new members and lower crowds.

and get no prize money next year for either t20 or SOD.

so i would try sell off most those old guys this season, if you do it one at a time you should be able to stay 2nd or even 3rd, get good prize money still this season, stay in div4 and be competitive next season even with a rebuilt squad.

remember the 20yo you buy now are probably too dear to get what you really want, so i would just buy cheap ones, even if they are cap/cap.

sell or fire them at end of season after you buy a complete new batch at better skills and better price.

and yes stay 2nd or 3rd in both the senior leagues and you'll have more than enough money to buy a new squad. upgrade your ground and senior academy once or twice.

also get one round of pavilion cup takings early next season which may help with the ground or academy update or finishing off the squad purchases.

but those old guys aren't the old guys you want anyway even if you could afford them, but the gurus can tell you more about what each player should look like at each age. in terms of ratings and skill levels.

30yo scare me, im a builder, i like players going up not down. but one day if im going to be in div2 or 1 i know i'll need the 30+ guys to do it.

anything i said wrong, im sure i'll be corrected :)

PowerBug

Agree with everything you say Colli (y) It's good advice you're getting nrich :)

You don't NEED the 30+ guys to stay in Div 1, I think you need it if you want to go far in PC and be competitive in leagues though.