Main Menu

From The Pavilion II

Started by m0nty, December 16, 2014, 02:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFEV

7.6.Tremor Control to Salim : [dropped]
7.1.Tremor Control to Choto : [dropped]

End of over 8 (1 run) - DazBurg's Greatness(24-2) RR 3.00

Why train fielding right. Daz should get some consolidation now before wickets later on. Hard/sunny.

BratPack

Quote from: AFEV on January 28, 2015, 11:50:13 AM
If you win against BP in a couple of weeks time you'll be in a great position with (probably) a 2 game lead on top. I think it'll end up being you or BP (or me if I get my sh*t together) that will win SOD.
You should still easily get PM in T20 as well, finish top 3 or so, hopefully nobody can knock me off my perch though. :P

My promotion chances are in direct competition to what the Dutch manager does with Bruin, if he keeps touring I don't think Steven Huizenga is strong enough to hold the line

Hellopplz

Guess it was time to let him go PB :'(.

Quote from: AFEV on January 29, 2015, 08:23:54 PM
7.6.Tremor Control to Salim : [dropped]
7.1.Tremor Control to Choto : [dropped]

End of over 8 (1 run) - DazBurg's Greatness(24-2) RR 3.00

Why train fielding right. Daz should get some consolidation now before wickets later on. Hard/sunny.
Wow that is unlucky haha, given having him 2 wickets down already on a Hard within 8 overs is a pretty good consolation ;).

AFEV

Quote from: BratPack on January 29, 2015, 08:39:19 PM
Quote from: AFEV on January 28, 2015, 11:50:13 AM
If you win against BP in a couple of weeks time you'll be in a great position with (probably) a 2 game lead on top. I think it'll end up being you or BP (or me if I get my sh*t together) that will win SOD.
You should still easily get PM in T20 as well, finish top 3 or so, hopefully nobody can knock me off my perch though. :P

My promotion chances are in direct competition to what the Dutch manager does with Bruin, if he keeps touring I don't think Steven Huizenga is strong enough to hold the line
You'll be alright, he's only a FS so he's expendable (as expendable as Bruin could ever be :P).
I still rate you as a pretty big promotion threat either way, even without him you'll have a ratings gap on just about everyone, plus I'll have Roberts (wc/wc fs) touring pretty regularly and being replaced by a 20 y.o, as well as other players who might disappear, and Daz has Yaseen who will tour.

PowerBug

I'm trying to get to Rd 6 (Final 64) for the first time in the Pav Cup.

V. Gomes (lm) 2-0-8-0, G. Bevan 16 (25b), H. Alleyne 41 (35b)
End of over 10 (6 runs) - Yardley Massive(57-0) RR 5.70

Sunny/Hard. I've got 1f, 1fm, 1m, 2fs against 1f, 3fm, 1ws. Probably the only time I'm less suited to the conditions than my opponent. Way I see it though is Hard basically = Flat. So three defensive bowlers I just want to keep the runs down. Zahra couldn't grab a wicket in his opening 5, going 0/38 (Aggro). Hope the platform doesn't set them into scoring 350+ here, I haven't got the best batting lineup in history.

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/commentary.htm?gameId=3094871

Shaggy

Lol I like your ways of describing how much your bowlers don't fit the deck. It is completely nothing like a Flat lol

PowerBug

Quote from: Shaggy on February 01, 2015, 08:02:10 PM
Lol I like your ways of describing how much your bowlers don't fit the deck. It is completely nothing like a Flat lol
Hard and Flat are the same when combined with Sunny weather. Hard/Humid or Hard/Overcast and suddenly we can see much lower scores defended.

I had to play Guarnere seeing as he was with the USA all week. My only other fm played Friday and I'll be using him on Tuesday so didn't really want to use him. Paul John can bat a little and will be gone once I lose PC, so I play him.

P. John (lfs) 6-0-20-1, G. Bevan 61 (83b), C. Shariki 17 (23b)
End of over 27 (3 runs) - Yardley Massive(141-1) RR 5.22

So far though, the bowling has been really good. I feel like Guarnere's 4 over aggro spell might be a game maker though, will it be 0/40 or 2/20.

Shaggy

lol no they are not anything alike PB. They play completely different.

PowerBug

Quote from: Shaggy on February 01, 2015, 08:26:11 PM
Explain, I'm not sure where you are coming from with this.

AFEV

Quote from: PowerBug on February 01, 2015, 08:27:52 PM
Regardless of weather I would not want to be chasing over 250 on a hard, it starts to get quite uncomfortable. Chasing on a hard (unlike a flat) is a flowering death mission.

Didn't get on to set orders against Torp after sending him a challenge this morning, why did you play such a weak side Torpy? :S

PowerBug

Quote from: AFEV on February 01, 2015, 11:43:47 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on February 01, 2015, 08:27:52 PM
Regardless of weather I would not want to be chasing over 250 on a hard, it starts to get quite uncomfortable. Chasing on a hard (unlike a flat) is a flowering death mission.

Didn't get on to set orders against Torp after sending him a challenge this morning, why did you play such a weak side Torpy? :S
Wow really? I just remember the time pyronerd chased down 370 against me on a Hard/Cloudy. That was uncomfortable. :P

Turns out I'm going to lose anyway. His passable fatigued ws got two wickets, both stumped by the energetic fatigued keeper who also made 95*. Both players have had the tired symbol come up. So yeah, I'm not mad one bit about failing in the 5th round for the fourth time :)

PowerBug

7 runs short of winning in the end ::) I only got two misfields for my entire innings, they totalled 7 runs. I need to train more fielding.

AFEV

Yeah, god knows you've had more success with orders/winning stuff/paid more attention to it than I ever have or will but I would always bat first on a hard and bowl first on a flat.

Can't always fall your way, 5th round is a huge bonus.

PowerBug

Fair enough, I'll see what Shaggy says too. Still sad about that loss, but I probably didn't deserve to get through anyway. Always next season I guess.

But today I'm going to have some fun. A year ago I tried to get the highest possible total chased down. Main vs Affiliate, and I managed to get 457 chased down with ease. Well now both teams have much stronger batting lineups, so I am hoping to crack the 500 mark today with my affiliate, and then see it get destroyed by Aronstam, Wardlaw and Herring.

Cookie Monster