Main Menu

From The Pavilion II

Started by m0nty, December 16, 2014, 02:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBs-Hawks

Double promotion into div 1  8)

PowerBug

Farrrrk 400 senior games! More than Aronstam managed (441 total but that included 56 YOD). And he had all those NAT weeks where he missed out on games too :o

Maca24

Just made a new team, haven’t played this for years. It’s hard starting from the bottom, wish I could have my old team back!

Torpedo10

Quote from: Maca24 on December 18, 2017, 05:47:15 PM
Just made a new team, haven’t played this for years. It’s hard starting from the bottom, wish I could have my old team back!
Welcome back Maca!!!

You'll slot right back in if you're keen. What country are you starting in at the moment?

Maca24

Quote from: Torpedo10 on December 18, 2017, 07:17:37 PM
Welcome back Maca!!!

You'll slot right back in if you're keen. What country are you starting in at the moment?
I’ve started in South Africa, wasn’t sure where to start really..
Has much changed with the game?
I’m just trying to pick up 20yr olds rel/rel with average experience the aim

Torpedo10

Quote from: Maca24 on December 18, 2017, 11:45:15 PM
Welcome back Maca!!!

Come to Sri Lanka!

Not much has changed at all, keep looking for those types of 20yos, maybe slightly better because there's better players you can buy now for not as much, as long as they're not near the top of their age group in terms of quality.

Maca24

Quote from: Torpedo10 on December 22, 2017, 06:03:10 PM
Quote from: Maca24 on December 18, 2017, 11:45:15 PM
Welcome back Maca!!!

Come to Sri Lanka!

Not much has changed at all, keep looking for those types of 20yos, maybe slightly better because there's better players you can buy now for not as much, as long as they're not near the top of their age group in terms of quality.
Yeah I've noticed the game has kind of died!
What has happened to the FTP forum?  :P

PowerBug

Quote from: Maca24 on December 28, 2017, 12:43:10 PM
Not sure how much you've read but ashario has barely been seen in the last 2 years, so the game is in complete limbo at the moment. Last time we really heard from him he was planning a bunch of big changes to the game (some of which have their own topics in this forum). All that we have heard since are the GMs constantly saying he still wants to run this game, just doesn't have time for it at the moment.

But he went a good 18 months without posting once in the forums, it was quite something. As such numbers have dropped dramatically (Pav Cup is now only 1024 teams not 2048) and NAT elections barely get enough nominees anymore.

Maca24

Quote from: PowerBug on December 28, 2017, 03:17:48 PM
Quote from: Maca24 on December 28, 2017, 12:43:10 PM
Not sure how much you've read but ashario has barely been seen in the last 2 years, so the game is in complete limbo at the moment. Last time we really heard from him he was planning a bunch of big changes to the game (some of which have their own topics in this forum). All that we have heard since are the GMs constantly saying he still wants to run this game, just doesn't have time for it at the moment.

But he went a good 18 months without posting once in the forums, it was quite something. As such numbers have dropped dramatically (Pav Cup is now only 1024 teams not 2048) and NAT elections barely get enough nominees anymore.
Yeah makes sense. Will they game last or is it expected to be shut down?
The trade market is so much different to how I remember, you can snag reasonably good players for nothing

Cookie311993

If you wanna see the interest Ash has in the game, simply look at his own side

Maca24

Anyone able to help me trim my list?
Have a few similar players that I need to choose between!

PowerBug

Quote from: Maca24 on January 02, 2018, 09:17:15 PM
14 seems like a decent number to take forward? But otherwise yeah post them here I'm happy to take a look

Maca24

Quote from: PowerBug on January 02, 2018, 10:29:02 PM
Quote from: Maca24 on January 02, 2018, 09:17:15 PM
14 seems like a decent number to take forward? But otherwise yeah post them here I'm happy to take a look
Cheers!
Who is better out of these 2 keepers
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=1947501
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=1941567

And which one of my mediums should I play more often/is better?
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=1977562
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=1933016

PowerBug

I favour the BH Keeper as he's got the extra Endo and the better talent. Then the left arm medium, because he's a lefty and has the extra endo and power.

Are there no better keepers on the market I feel like you could find something with more Accomplished skills for cheap as well?

Maca24

Quote from: PowerBug on January 03, 2018, 01:00:21 PM
I favour the BH Keeper as he's got the extra Endo and the better talent. Then the left arm medium, because he's a lefty and has the extra endo and power.

Are there no better keepers on the market I feel like you could find something with more Accomplished skills for cheap as well?
Agree about the keeper.
With the medium I thought Bidstrup would be better due to ordinary batting and finisher talent? Could have bumped it to average down the track.

Yeah there’s literally no good keepers!
Just have to take what I can get and wait in the meantime.