Submissions for XIII competition

Started by m0nty, December 15, 2014, 05:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m0nty

I realise there hasn't historically been a whole lot of rugby league discussion on these forums, but I'm hoping to start some with the launch of FanLeague for the 2015 season. Thus, at least some of you who are players of the XV comps might be able to think of how to structure a similar one for the NRL, seeing as the season is structured similarly.

I will leave this thread here for future discussions.

SydneyRox

I would be interested. The how becomes the hard part with the NRL Bye structures.

A simple solution would be smaller starting team and a larger roster so that you could try and mitigate the damage from missing players over byes. Would mess with the overall evenness of the comp, but I am not sure there are many ways around it.

R.Griffen

Quote from: SydneyRox on December 15, 2014, 06:43:58 PM
I would be interested. The how becomes the hard part with the NRL Bye structures.

A simple solution would be smaller starting team and a larger roster so that you could try and mitigate the damage from missing players over byes. Would mess with the overall evenness of the comp, but I am not sure there are many ways around it.

Agreed and with that, but also the NRL unlike the AFL created a favourable draw for fantasy coaches scheduling less games over state of origin period

nrich102

I'll have a look into this over the next couple of days. Just out of interest, how many people would be keen on joining this league?

SydneyRox

Quote from: nrich102 on December 15, 2014, 09:38:06 PM
I'll have a look into this over the next couple of days. Just out of interest, how many people would be keen on joining this league?

i reckon go the other way. find out how we want to do it and then work out how many we need

if we build it, they will come :P

nrich102

Just some ideas...

Rather than 13s, have 9s. So then it would work like this;

FB/WINGS: Player 1, Player 2
CENTRE: Player 3
HALFBACK: Player 4
2ND ROW: Player 5, Player 6
FRONT ROW: Player 7
HOOKER: Player 8
BENCH: Player 9

Then with drafts it would be hard with there being no drafts in the NRL. Thinking maybe we could have an initial draft and then from their working on a salary cap.

Thoughts?

R.Griffen

Is a salary cap needed, each year players come in and out like moving overseas to play or from overseas to play in the NRL. I would think each year we would have drafting (recycled players) ones who didn't initially didn't get picked up or ones who come up from the junior league(Toyota cup) or whatever it's called.

This would help keep a set number in the team squads

Depending on how many teams we get, I think should depend on how many starters we have