Main Menu

FF FTP News: December 2014

Started by PowerBug, December 13, 2014, 07:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Ok, so as I was cleaning out some old threads, I noticed that there used to be this things that tried to get off the ground, run by Master Q iirc, and it was just commenting on general things that have occurred. So here is me trying to start this up again, plan is for it to be done monthly and just general stuff that has happened etc...

First item, the changes around the place. So this board is now visible from the home page of the forums, brilliant! Now, onto the changes in threads that has occurred.
- The main thread that I want everyone to be going through is the Navigation Thread which is stickied. On there is basically all the different threads in the board.
- The next thread I want to bring to everyone's attention is the Trophy cabinet/Manager Profiles thread. In here, as you can see, are the credentials of the managers that have been kind enough to search up what they have won so I could add it to the 2nd post. The more managers that have stuff to put in the better, I will look at adding links to the FTP page of each manager as well. The long threads have been locked and re-started, try to keep them on topic but who cares if they don't.
- There's a brand new thread to help out any beginners. Do use it, and give me feedback, I don't want it to be like the Game Manual, but it does need to contain some informative stuff. I'm not a beginner (I don't think) to this game, so what I've written might be too advanced, do help me out, as getting this right could see the user base in this section increase

Next bit, competitions, Spinking is running his Youth competition for the third time, KO comp, 16 teams. Unfortunately entries just closed. I am running a senior competition next season, if you wish to participate please say so here. I'm looking for 8 teams hopefully, but if 16 teams wish to be part of a KO comp that could happen too. No time constraints on when to start this.

The final thing, is also a bringing back of an old trend. I will do a FF Best XI side next season. Day 1 next season the opening thread will be out, and I will be taking nominations for all positions immediately. Whether I, or someone else wishes to run a Youth equivalent afterwards, can be thought upon later.

That seems like it for now, next month I'll look at talking about some managers, and to do that, I might talk to some managers, like an interview sorta thing.

AFEV

Keen for the Best XI threads to get going again, although CF will overtake that in about 5 seasons time. :P