Main Menu

NAT tours and other stuff #2

Started by PowerBug, December 05, 2014, 10:41:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBs-Hawks

Well he got picked back for the OD tour next week, and my 18yo Kenyan got the flick :P

Torpedo10

Quote from: PowerBug on March 04, 2015, 11:41:46 AM
Sri Lanka closing in on what would be a miraculous WC qualification.
Don't count on it. I see you and I promoting but I see Ireland and NZ qualifying for WC.

PowerBug

Quote from: Torpedo10 on March 04, 2015, 02:52:20 PM
Don't count on it. I see you and I promoting but I see Ireland and NZ qualifying for WC.
If we promote we'll need 4 wins. If we get 4 wins we get a wc spot for sure, there's no way we can miss out based on the results that have already occurred this week in Div 3.

So yes, I am counting on it.

I don't know how you see your side doing enough to promote but anyway. West Indies are really strong and playing well.

Torpedo10

Quote from: PowerBug on March 04, 2015, 03:16:44 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on March 04, 2015, 02:52:20 PM
If we promote we'll need 4 wins. If we get 4 wins we get a wc spot for sure, there's no way we can miss out based on the results that have already occurred this week in Div 3.

So yes, I am counting on it.

I don't know how you see your side doing enough to promote but anyway. West Indies are really strong and playing well.
We lost our first OD match this season this morning, and it was very narrow, it was on a Crumbling pitch, you had the massive benefit of batting first and you had a 14k ratings head start.

As DZ likes to say, WI are a rabble with DJ at the helm. If both you & I take care of them we will very likely promote. Kenya are our biggest concern for upcoming matches at the moment.

BratPack

8 wickets in two matches on this tour so far. Bruin is your God

PowerBug

What's wrong with dj? All I look at are results, he has them so far, and he hasn't been in div 3 (iirc) during these last two seasons. That seems like a good enough record to me, a better one than what you've got.

So you lost us because we are a better team? Don't see where the issue is. Personally I think all NAT matches are 50/50 because the ratings gaps are never really big enough. Which is why if I choose to run again then you'll see me trying something different for the first season to try and get that edge in EVERY match.

BratPack

QUIT BICKERING ABOUT IRRELEVANT TOPICS LIKE WC QUALIFICATION AND WORSHIP BRUIN LIKE YOU SHOULD!  :P

PowerBug

PowerBug

Well Torp, I hope you are right about dj because we need to beat his lot this evening to keep WC hopes alive, not to mention promotion. But I can see it being either both or none. A loss will make relegation a possibility too....

PowerBug

12.6 W Mahmoud to Thithagala : [catch] Thithagala tries to chop the ball to third man and feathers an edge to Omer!
C. Thithagala c S. Omer b. B. Mahmoud 10 (14b 1x4 0x6) SR:71.43

Not sure if Torp is happy or sad about this :P