Main Menu

NAT tours and other stuff #2

Started by PowerBug, December 05, 2014, 10:41:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torpedo10

Quote from: PowerBug on January 10, 2015, 07:58:21 PM
To bid or not to bid, that is the question.

England won't bid with the squad they have. Scotland used all their points last OD tour, they won't bid. UAE hosted two tours last season, I can't see them having the points to bid. USA is run by Cynic, he might bid but then again he is out of the WC race and seems like the bloke that can't be stuffed staying in management for another 2 seasons, so he might not feel like it's necessary to bid. It feels like I only have to beat a bid from DKSports' Irish management, but they might be confident in promoting regardless as their squad is the strongest of the lot, so they might not bid.

I wasn't planning on bidding and just taking whatever comes our way, but I feel like there's an opportunity here to try and have a tour run on my terms, just what terms I choose i haven't decided yet ;)
If you make them seam you're an idiot, everybody loves seam.

PowerBug

Quote from: Torpedo10 on January 10, 2015, 09:26:51 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on January 10, 2015, 07:58:21 PM
To bid or not to bid, that is the question.

England won't bid with the squad they have. Scotland used all their points last OD tour, they won't bid. UAE hosted two tours last season, I can't see them having the points to bid. USA is run by Cynic, he might bid but then again he is out of the WC race and seems like the bloke that can't be stuffed staying in management for another 2 seasons, so he might not feel like it's necessary to bid. It feels like I only have to beat a bid from DKSports' Irish management, but they might be confident in promoting regardless as their squad is the strongest of the lot, so they might not bid.

I wasn't planning on bidding and just taking whatever comes our way, but I feel like there's an opportunity here to try and have a tour run on my terms, just what terms I choose i haven't decided yet ;)
If you make them seam you're an idiot, everybody loves seam.
Is that comment there so that I don't pick seam because everyone actually likes spin? ;) I will pick what I feel is right, I have a plan up my sleeve.

BratPack

And right now all of UAE FTP is waking up hungover and realised they voted for me  :P

JBs-Hawks

5 U19s selected to your going to be a tough week.

BratPack

Just the one for me. Muttalib. Glorious welcome to management last night, 4 wickets lost in the first 5 overs  :'(

Hellopplz

I lost my Keeper, my Captain and best Bowler. Tour week is gonna be fun.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Hellopplz on January 26, 2015, 10:57:02 AM
I lost my Keeper, my Captain and best Bowler. Tour week is gonna be fun.

Pfft i lose my two best bats, keeper,  best fastie and best spinner :P

Hellopplz

I guess I can't complain then :P.

JBs-Hawks

Need to buy a mediocre batsmen or two to so i can keep my run of youth titles going :(

Hellopplz

Still going to be tough if got 5 out from the First XI. At least got a week to find cover for them! I should be alright, just need to use one of my batters as a keeper.

Cookie311993

My affiliate loses its 2 best batsmen, while by main loses its fats bowler and best spinner

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Hellopplz on January 26, 2015, 11:51:59 AM
Still going to be tough if got 5 out from the First XI. At least got a week to find cover for them! I should be alright, just need to use one of my batters as a keeper.

Yep wlll be tough, my opponent rates 100k and has two players in nat squads but not sure they are strong enough players to be touring so he will be at full strength so with the right orders I should be a good chance still. My main opponent for the the title loses his best bat and keeper and has a little bit weaker opponent then me ratings wise but usually sets good orders.

PowerBug

I lose Guarnere (rfs). I have 3 other decent spinners to get me through the week though. I need to buy a batsman to help me with PC though

BratPack

I lose Bruin this week. Just means I'll be playing three pace bowlers instead of three spinners with Steven "Junior" Huizenga coming in

AFEV

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on January 26, 2015, 11:48:39 AM
Need to buy a mediocre batsmen or two to so i can keep my run of youth titles going :(
I can sell you Issa from my affiliate (Cherry Bomb). He's from the UAE as well, reli/reli BH. Just give me the word if you want him, won't be needed for me.