Main Menu

NAT tours and other stuff #2

Started by PowerBug, December 05, 2014, 10:41:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

An area to discuss everything to do with the NAT scene, tours, friendlies, other NAT managers etc.. A continuation from NT Tours and Friendly Match Thread

CrowsFan

So fairly sure Zimbabwe have flowered up with their squad selection for the U19 world cup. They didn't select Nathaniel Tiger, who has been on every single tour since he was 18. Has played 19 one day matches for them (so only missed one game out of 4 tours), yet hasn't been picked. He's an out/out boundary hitter!! Either the selection flowered up or they don't want to win...

JBs-Hawks

Hellopplz

Wow that is some stuff up on their part. Outs/Outs BH left out... I mean how? :o :o :o.

My two U19 Scots made the World Cup and my Irish Senior BH (Anderson Silva) was a surprise call up for the Senior T20 WC :o. He's never played a Senior International, and is currently 30.

PowerBug

No one touring for me, again. Obviously, my players suck

DazBurg

JB has taken my 2 boys on tour :D

Edit: For the under 19 WC that is for anyone not quite sure
(though i know most are i mean more for the newer guys ;) )

JBs-Hawks

Ah crap my best FM somehow got left out :(

CrowsFan

Quote from: Hellopplz on December 14, 2014, 05:49:07 PM
Wow that is some stuff up on their part. Outs/Outs BH left out... I mean how? :o :o :o.

My two U19 Scots made the World Cup and my Irish Senior BH (Anderson Silva) was a surprise call up for the Senior T20 WC :o. He's never played a Senior International, and is currently 30.
Had a quick chat with uliose and he said Tiger was the first name down for the tour, but something screwed up, and a random squad got selected.

Same thing happened for England during the last tour where they didn't select their best keeper or AR (both my players haha).

Cookie311993

BratPack

5 U19s touring...including MacLaverty who's been on all of one tour this seasom

Hellopplz

Quote from: Honey Badger on December 14, 2014, 07:04:00 PM

Had a quick chat with uliose and he said Tiger was the first name down for the tour, but something screwed up, and a random squad got selected.

Same thing happened for England during the last tour where they didn't select their best keeper or AR (both my players haha).
Wow, tough luck to them, getting randoms in. Or there is a conspiracy theory against your guys, to leave them out when something goes wrong :o.

BratPack

Quote from: Hellopplz on December 14, 2014, 08:56:27 PM
Quote from: Honey Badger on December 14, 2014, 07:04:00 PM

Wow, tough luck to them, getting randoms in. Or there is a conspiracy theory against your guys, to leave them out when something goes wrong :o.

Did someone say...

PowerBug

And my tour squad got randomly selected in the last Senior tour... Yet they are convinced it's the managers' fault.

JBs-Hawks

So wasnt my fault in not picking our best bowler for the WC, he went bot :(

PowerBug

To bid or not to bid, that is the question.

England won't bid with the squad they have. Scotland used all their points last OD tour, they won't bid. UAE hosted two tours last season, I can't see them having the points to bid. USA is run by Cynic, he might bid but then again he is out of the WC race and seems like the bloke that can't be stuffed staying in management for another 2 seasons, so he might not feel like it's necessary to bid. It feels like I only have to beat a bid from DKSports' Irish management, but they might be confident in promoting regardless as their squad is the strongest of the lot, so they might not bid.

I wasn't planning on bidding and just taking whatever comes our way, but I feel like there's an opportunity here to try and have a tour run on my terms, just what terms I choose i haven't decided yet ;)