Main Menu

Youth Pulls #2

Started by PowerBug, December 05, 2014, 10:36:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

damn! So close :( I wanted to get him I also didn't want to be mean and take him off you. Sorry for making you pay top dollar but also at least you got him for a price I considered reasonable :P

auscoyote

Quote from: PowerBug on December 03, 2015, 06:21:13 PM
damn! So close :( I wanted to get him I also didn't want to be mean and take him off you. Sorry for making you pay top dollar but also at least you got him for a price I considered reasonable :P
I was happy to get him too. Cant really afford any of the top end youths but he should fit nicely into my team later in the season as well as getting some T20 and SOD matches. Every hour at work i was thinking i wonder if i got that young boundary hitter ;D.

I find the TM a bit like a sport oval. Game on, white line fever, and beers after the match :)
Damn tight call but he has gone to a good club.

PowerBug

Quote from: auscoyote on December 03, 2015, 08:27:49 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on December 03, 2015, 06:21:13 PM
I was happy to get him too. Cant really afford any of the top end youths but he should fit nicely into my team later in the season as well as getting some T20 and SOD matches. Every hour at work i was thinking i wonder if i got that young boundary hitter ;D.

I find the TM a bit like a sport oval. Game on, white line fever, and beers after the match :)
Damn tight call but he has gone to a good club.
I choose to not afford any of the top end youths. Trying to decide whether this is worth the $100,000 tag he's got on him though: http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=1802210
I'm leaning towards yes at this stage.

auscoyote

I would say yes but i'm probably not the best one to give advice on potential youths just yet.
The youth market seems insane now i'm paying more attention to it.

Comparing the two:
                                                    End    Bat     Bowl   Tech  Pow   Keep    Field      Cap     Exp    Wage
Zubair Haddad     16   UAE   rfm     ord      poor    poor   ord    avg   dread     ordin     poor   poor   $641   21,734
Jasin Gale           16   NZ   lfs       ord       ord     poor   ord    ord   ord       ave         ave     poor    $741       24,954

Experience           tick
Higher wage         tick
Better captaincy    tick
more spare ratings tick

PowerBug

Captaincy is mostly irrelevant seeing as the levels are so low.
Wage could come from the keeping skill? I'm no expert on them though.

So yeah he probably is worth the gamble at that price

valkorum

For the price of $100k'ish, I would buy him.  I would probably go as far as $250k - $350k for a player like him.  Only 1046 spare ratings, the only bad stat is bowling (and he will be a batsman so who cares).

Poor experience isnt that bad for a 16yo, he has the boundary hitter talent which is also a plus.

I would train his as a batsman where in a lavish+ YA he should get to accom/accom.  He would prob only get to reli/reli/accom as a wicket keeper.

I have put a bid on him, cos if you dont want him - I will take him as I need another batsman.

PowerBug

If you're going to go past $200k then I'm out. I don't spend that much on a single youth player. There'll be more Boundary Hitters or Accumulators on the market for me.

PowerBug

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=1806419
Feel like buying this guy and then training Endurance to the pop just so I can say I have a truly ordinary player.

Torpedo10

Quote from: PowerBug on December 04, 2015, 04:29:40 PM
Feel like buying this guy and then training Endurance to the pop just so I can say I have a truly ordinary player.
Never going to happen.

Experience and Captaincy fail his chance to be forever ordinary.  :P

PowerBug

Quote from: Torpedo10 on December 04, 2015, 05:35:56 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on December 04, 2015, 04:29:40 PM
Never going to happen.

Experience and Captaincy fail his chance to be forever ordinary.  :P
Maybe I should aim for all average then ;)

BB67th

Probably my best ever youth pull this week.

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=1807624

He's up for sale if anyone is interested in him.

PowerBug

He goes alright I guess :P

valkorum

I got another player I can keep this season.  Good season for me so far

Saul Wiggins >> Details
Player Info
16 years | 21,230 rating | $717 wage (5% discount)
Right hand batsman | Right arm Medium
Talents   Accumulator
Nationality   Bermuda Bermuda
Form   reasonable
Fatigue   rested
Experience   poor
Captaincy   reliable
Skills Summary
Batsman   ordinary
Bowler   ordinary
Keeper   poor
Allrounder   ordinary