Main Menu

Youth Pulls #2

Started by PowerBug, December 05, 2014, 10:36:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFEV

Not so important if they get to 40k or not, I usually find that if they can get to accom/accom with reasonable fielding and not totally arsed endo/power at 20 then they will amount to something even in higher divisions. From there you can easily push up to spec/spec with good secondaries by mid twenties, potentially excep/excep depending on subs.
The majority of my current batting line-up is made up of this type of player, for example Hannah Hunt who is currently 22, 42k rating and is a first XI player (I do hide him down the order) and will be for another 8-9 seasons.

...Not sure what I'm trying to say at this point, but yeah.

PowerBug

If you get a pure bat or pure bowler to 40k ratings by 20yo, you have some beast of a player.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: AFEV on February 02, 2015, 09:46:38 PM
Not so important if they get to 40k or not, I usually find that if they can get to accom/accom with reasonable fielding and not totally arsed endo/power at 20 then they will amount to something even in higher divisions. From there you can easily push up to spec/spec with good secondaries by mid twenties, potentially excep/excep depending on subs.
The majority of my current batting line-up is made up of this type of player, for example Hannah Hunt who is currently 22, 42k rating and is a first XI player (I do hide him down the order) and will be for another 8-9 seasons.

[/quote

I try for Exp/Exp with reas fielding and hopefully reas endo by their 20th birthday.

AFEV

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on February 02, 2015, 09:50:39 PM
Quote from: AFEV on February 02, 2015, 09:46:38 PM

I try for Exp/Exp with reas fielding and hopefully reas endo by their 20th birthday.
I generally don't bother looking for it. The price spike for the extra 2 primary levels is ridiculous given their prime output will usually be comparable, for batsmen at least, IMO.
From my experience a spec/spec player with excellent secondaries can be equally as damaging as an excep/excep player with good secondaries, which is ultimately the difference between accom/accom and exp/exp at 20.
My only exception to this is Buzz Lightyear, almost all my other bats have been accom/accom at 20 (Hannibal Barca the other exception), yet I am always confident my batting line-up will successfully run down a gettable score. My view might be skewed due to the fact I have 2 ARs plus a capable summary finisher in my team though.

I have noticed lately that I have developed a bit of an obsession with picking up bit players and trying to find them a role in higher divisions. Ariel Pink, who will ultimately be replaced by Napoleon because he is just straight up better but other wise I think would have been a solid contributor later in his career, and my little pet Mac DeMarco, by far the worst player in my squad but I'm determined I'll get him to cap/spec/spec with his BH/swing talents and he will be a useful situational player in D1 in 5 seasons.

PowerBug

I think I take the title for finding weird players roles in higher divs ;) Or maybe I just take the title for finding weird players? yeah, it's the last one :P

I might train a triple threat player with my affiliate for lolz actually

Colliwobblers

i think i severely underestimated power when i started out.

JBs-Hawks

you shouldnt be training power in any youths unless requested by a NAT manager.

AFEV

Quote from: PowerBug on February 02, 2015, 10:02:05 PM
I think I take the title for finding weird players roles in higher divs ;) Or maybe I just take the title for finding weird players? yeah, it's the last one :P

I might train a triple threat player with my affiliate for lolz actually
You use weirder players than me and you're in a higher division than me, so yeah. :P
The squad management/player development side of the game is definitely what keeps me interested in FTP though, and the wacky players that have no place being in your team/are utter shower are entirely the most fun.

PowerBug

By far, some of the best fun I've had was trying to turn my reas batting spinner into a top order batsman.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on February 02, 2015, 10:04:10 PM

Yeah I don't until 22 try to hold off to 23 or 24 since they say mid 20's.

But I just realised as my players now range from 22 to 28 how much better they get regardless of primaries when their power gets trained high.

AFEV

Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 02, 2015, 10:23:15 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on February 02, 2015, 10:04:10 PM

Yeah I don't until 22 try to hold off to 23 or 24 since they say mid 20's.

But I just realised as my players now range from 22 to 28 how much better they get regardless of primaries when their power gets trained high.
Experience will probably also be contributing to that.
But yeah, power often the difference between a disappointment and a contributor.

BratPack

Quote from: AFEV on February 02, 2015, 08:41:45 PM
Opium Splendour >> Ibrahim Haqq >> Details

16 years | 22,900 rating | $632 wage (5% discount)
Right hand batsman | Right arm Medium
Talents   Gifted (Endurance)
Nationality   UAE UAE
Form   reasonable
Fatigue   rested
Experience   poor
Captaincy   average
Skills Summary
Batsman   poor
Bowler   dreadful
Keeper   poor
Allrounder   poor
Deadline: 05 Feb 15 09:39
Starting Price: 0
Player Wage if Transferred: $665
Place a bid: 
Skills
Batting   ordinary   Endurance   ordinary
Bowling   dreadful   Technique   ordinary
Keeping   poor   Power   ordinary
Fielding   reasonable       

Not as good a player as the others pulled, but with his secondaries he will end up being a serviceable player for some youth team out there. Indeed a good day for the mighty UAE.

I'll give him a nice home

JBs-Hawks

Norwood Redlegs >> Boulos Sameh >> Details
Player Info

16 years | 26,282 rating | $842 wage (5% discount)

Right hand batsman | Right arm Finger spin
Talents   Opener, Skilled (Batting)
Nationality   UAE UAE
Form   reasonable
Fatigue   rested
Experience   poor
Captaincy   average
Skills Summary
Batsman   average
Bowler   poor
Keeper   ordinary
Allrounder   ordinary

Notes
Skills
Batting   ordinary    Endurance   average
Bowling   poor    Technique   average
Keeping   ordinary    Power   average
Fielding   poor

Colliwobblers

you did it again, is it the deluxe academy or just some guys have all the luck?  ridiculously good pull given the talents says I...

JBs-Hawks

Deluxe academy plus i seem to get good players  in twos. Didnt really  want a keeper though