Main Menu

Email System Down

Started by Hellopplz, December 02, 2014, 12:28:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hellopplz

Hey everybody.

Just to let everybody know, the email system for FanFooty Forum has been down for over a year now. So if you try to change your email address, it says it will send your new email a verification email. But as the email system is buggy, no email is ever sent out, so it means you'll be locked out of your account.

Only way to get it back is either tell another FF user to message me to let me know (so I can re-activate your account) or make a second account in order to do this yourself which some have done. Either way is fine and I can get your account back pretty fast so don't hesitate if you're locked out! Just depends if I'm at home or not, as need a computer in order to do this (unable to from my phone).

In short, if anything on the forum says it will email you verification, pretty much contact me to re-activate your account!

From HP.

Capper

When will the email client be reconnected??

It would help when receiving PMs

Hellopplz

No idea, think m0nty has been trying to slowly fix the problems with the forum. He's fixed the copy and paste issues, so reckon this is the next one on his list behind some of his other projects!

Capper

Bill Manspeaker

damn, I was wondering why I wasn't getting no emails at the pancake parlour :P

m0nty

The last time it was running it got hacked and blacklisted for being used as a spam relay, so I'm wary of doing anything at all with it tbh.  :-[

GoldDigger

Quote from: m0nty on January 29, 2015, 01:51:47 PM
The last time it was running it got hacked and blacklisted for being used as a spam relay, so I'm wary of doing anything at all with it tbh.  :-[

Monstrous! Grow some m0nty!

nas

Quote from: GoldDigger on January 29, 2015, 05:47:19 PM

Blast from the past, Hello "G"

Ziplock

m0nty

It's not much fun having your domain put on a blacklist.

GoldDigger

Quote from: m0nty on January 29, 2015, 09:37:50 PM

It's not much fun having your domain put on a blacklist.

Not much fun having to receive all that spam! However, I did not give in!!!

GoldDigger

Quote from: nas on January 29, 2015, 06:11:15 PM

Blast from the past, Hello "G"

Hey Naste, sup?