Proposed Best XVIIIs

Started by FS, November 26, 2014, 09:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

the Cotchin trade was fair but very dodgy

FS midfield isn't strong enough to be trading premiums for picks and to make it worse it was to the Premiership team

elephants

So its fair, but bad for the comp because the strong gets stronger and the weak get weaker? Maybe, but fair is fair.

powersuperkents

Quote from: elephants on November 28, 2014, 09:43:08 PM
So its fair, but bad for the comp because the strong gets stronger and the weak get weaker? Maybe, but fair is fair.
You are aware FS could see that.

I think FS made the trade at his own volition. Although I strongly believe he spite traded Cotchin - Idk why, it was understandable with myself and Lindsay Thomas but surely Cotchin is one of the best mids you can get

powersuperkents

Why Ele will never win. Two words...

DANIEL RICH

kilbluff1985

i brought it up with SR already and i think we're looking at bringing in a rule for situations like these for next year

powersuperkents

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 28, 2014, 09:47:00 PM
i brought it up with SR already and i think we're looking at bringing in a rule for situations like these for next year
Yeah I think both parties to a transaction should be providing explanations rather than just one. Still remember how Ele acquired Zac Clarke, Idk how we convinces people to make these trade tbh. Rarely trades but when he does it's legitimate, but almost always somewhat unfair - wouldn't call them completely unfair because there is some benefit obtained by the opposition and they obviously had to have some reason to accept it.

But I wouldn't have any objections to a rule change because I can't see it affecting myself   

Tbh most unfair Ele trade was the Claye Beams one hahahahahaha

kilbluff1985

Quote from: powersuperkents on November 28, 2014, 09:48:54 PM
Yeah I think both parties to a transaction should be providing explanations rather than just one. Still remember how Ele acquired Zac Clarke

the rule would be more about weaker teams trading out premiums when they cant afford to lose them especially if they not old and for picks etc

powersuperkents

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 28, 2014, 09:52:52 PM
Yeah I think both parties to a transaction should be providing explanations rather than just one. Still remember how Ele acquired Zac Clarke

the rule would be more about weaker teams trading out premiums when they cant afford to lose them especially if they not old and for picks etc
Yeah that makes sense. But then there is the question of whether or not it's right to interfere with coaching practices. The league is too even, and a big determinate in which teams succeed and which don't is their trading records. I think it's too close to actually doing a coaches job for them if users interfere. Again, it's like what ele callously stated "the strong get stronger and the weak get weaker". If we interfere with trades, there will be no weak and there will be no strong, it would increase importance on the draft and development and it could reach the point where trading is the difference between finishing 1st or 12th (basically, so high stakes that no one would want to trade). Tough decision, I'm not partisan to a reform or maintaining the current rules. I'm still on the fence about it - obviously the amount of discretion would be important.

We should go through it as a league to determine what needs to be done. But I agree completely with your proposal and think it's an important issue to consider.

powersuperkents

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 28, 2014, 09:52:52 PM

Woah okay, I didn't noticed that his M6 was Sebastian Ross!!! I thought I was at a disadvantage this season fielding Dunstan in that role... Why did he trade Cotchin? Heeney is a gun but it's unlikely he will be ready or scoring high in his debut season...

it's like he's at the point where he is just trying to make up the numbers haha. Definite spite trade involving Cotchin. I agree he couldn't afford to make that trade, Ele you have literally disabled the Brooklyn Hawks hahahahahaha

elephants

Oh, so teams cant rebuild. Fair enough. :/

kilbluff1985

Quote from: elephants on November 28, 2014, 10:17:44 PM

because Cotchin is old is he?

JBs-Hawks

FS screwing teams? No way :P

elephants

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 28, 2014, 10:20:46 PM
Quote from: elephants on November 28, 2014, 10:17:44 PM

because Cotchin is old is he?

Don't be ridiculous. He's getting three cracks at getting someone on par with Cotchin. As a developing side your looking for a wide talent pool to give yourselves the best chance of having 18 premos one day.

kilbluff1985

if he was rebuilding why didn't he trade out Gibbs and Goddard also not much point doing a half of a rebuild so you cant use thatr= as an an excuse

elephants

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 29, 2014, 06:36:40 AM
if he was rebuilding why didn't he trade out Gibbs and Goddard also not much point doing a half of a rebuild so you cant use thatr= as an an excuse

Because he wasn't getting nearly as much for them?