Smart or stupid?

Started by vc_bombers, March 18, 2010, 08:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vc_bombers

I'm finding it hard to get reserve defenders who are potential cash cows (apart from Maguire), so would it be wise to invest an extra 50k to get Waters on the bench?

Cicjose

no they will ave about the same and no one knows how good waters will be after such a long history of injury

BGK

Ive been thinking about it. Im concerned about Hunt and Ladson, so I thought he would may great cover for them.

Torress

not really - i don't rate waters and has burnt many in the past... last two games in NAB challenge resulted in a 85 and 91. have no idea how he went about scoring this haven't even looked at the raw stats. However, did hear from someone who posted a blog who attended the game that he kept running off his man to get more touches.... i've sort of had him in and out only if i've been trying to reserve some $$ for prems, ect. don't like the look of my team when he is in but he looks worse as an emg with his price tag.. i'm prob going to start him but will be preying he plays and gets some good scores (that 85 and 91 would be more than enough!).  look just comes down to team structure - if it weren't for greenwood falling from a trackie dack incident i would not have waters for sure, on yoursupercoachcoach.com there is a 'player a day' sub blog area - they talk about schoemakers in one of them, i've heard many say he is not SCrelevant, but according to these guys he isn't as bad of pick as we think. due to gibson def getting the role of playing on the monsters, schoemakers will be the 3rd tall and do some rebound work out of D50 - at 198k he is a potential cash cow within a very small pool of cheapie backs this year - i think he is worth consideration

drongo

Because of the lack of good rookies in the back I have Waters on the bench.

MissPies

Quote from: vc_bombers on March 18, 2010, 08:02:12 AM
I'm finding it hard to get reserve defenders who are potential cash cows (apart from Maguire), so would it be wise to invest an extra 50k to get Waters on the bench?

Trengove is a good option as a cheapie def