Past Supercoach Average Scores
Year   Games   Average
2009   22   85.6
2010   22   78.2
2011   16   84.8
2012   20   90.8
2013   16   85.9
2014   3   81.0

Unfortunately Rich only managed 3 matches this year before being sidelined with a knee injury for all of 2014.He will manage to get a full preseason in and he is looking likely to start round 1 next season,He will be under priced,fanplanner has him priced at $306,500.There is talk of him gaining defender status but I don`t think that will happen since he only played 3 matches this year.Still he could slot nicely into your starting mid as a cheap option.

Holz

If under 350k lock and load.

my plan is to Start Ablett Pendles Selwood Watson and Rich, than after 6-7 rounds downgrade a rookie and upgrade Rich to the must have super premo to have 5 super premo mids early on, which isn't possible to start with without compromising other lines.

Dons

Ringo

add to the fact that Mitch Robbo has stated he will be the midfield enforcer and sees his task to protect the stars from taggers. Can see Rich and Hanley interchanging this year,

nrich102

I'm wanting to lock him in, just like all the other lions players :P

Him and Van Berlo look good as cheapish options.

kilbluff1985

Will be interesting

Will Hanley moving back to defense more mean Rich gets tagged less? Because teams will want to tag Redden/Beams also so yeah very interesting

nrich102

Tagging Redden :o Not really thought teams would tag him.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: nrich102 on November 19, 2014, 10:28:44 PM

Point still stands

nrich102

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 19, 2014, 10:31:05 PM
Quote from: nrich102 on November 19, 2014, 10:28:44 PM

Point still stands
Yeah mate. Just thought Redden was an interesting player to mention.

Dons

I think the tag will go to the player/s in the best form. The lions now have too many mids who can break a game open to tag them all!! Rich, Hanley, Beams, Zorko has been tagged before, and not to mention Rocky. While not as damaging per possession, at some point sheer weight of numbers surely over rides this!! Remove a link from the chain and the chain breaks...

But Rich should be locked if he gets thru the preseason unscathed.

quinny88

Quote from: Dons on November 19, 2014, 10:40:23 PM
I think the tag will go to the player/s in the best form. The lions now have too many mids who can break a game open to tag them all!! Rich, Hanley, Beams, Zorko has been tagged before, and not to mention Rocky. While not as damaging per possession, at some point sheer weight of numbers surely over rides this!! Remove a link from the chain and the chain breaks...

They will tag the players that are most damaging when left untagged. Rich always cops attention because he has a deadly kick and has been known to be easily tagged out of games. Hanley in a similar boat.
Rocky and redden are almost untagable and will fly under the radar but beams will no doubt cop some attention at times.

Just really don't know about Rich. Even at 350k, unless he's going to average 95+ then I don't see it being worth while

Dons

Quote from: quinny88 on November 19, 2014, 11:53:03 PM

They will tag the players that are most damaging when left untagged. Rich always cops attention because he has a deadly kick and has been known to be easily tagged out of games. Hanley in a similar boat.
Rocky and redden are almost untagable and will fly under the radar but beams will no doubt cop some attention at times.

Just really don't know about Rich. Even at 350k, unless he's going to average 95+ then I don't see it being worth while

I don't need him to ave over 95 for the season, just to have a good run for 4-5 games early in the year. I think with Brisbane's draw early this is possible, maybe either side of the Port game where they play some winnable/home games? Then hopefully trade him to either a rd13 bye fallen premium like Selwood, or rookie on the bubble, maybe even as late as rd10. The catch would be to actually trade him when he's in form, rather than hold him and end up with a mid averaging around 100...

Ringo

Quote from: Dons on November 20, 2014, 08:11:12 AM
Quote from: quinny88 on November 19, 2014, 11:53:03 PM

I don't need him to ave over 95 for the season, just to have a good run for 4-5 games early in the year. I think with Brisbane's draw early this is possible, maybe either side of the Port game where they play some winnable/home games? Then hopefully trade him to either a rd13 bye fallen premium like Selwood, or rookie on the bubble, maybe even as late as rd10. The catch would be to actually trade him when he's in form, rather than hold him and end up with a mid averaging around 100...
Do not forget Christensen as well - Mitch Robbo has said he sees his role as adding muscle to the midfield by bumping taggers trying to get to players similar to the role he played protecting players at Carlton.
Agree with Quinny though that it would be dangerous to leave Rich untagged with that lethal left boot. Leppa realised he had to do something to assist Dan this this year which is why he changed Rich and Hanley and started Rich at HB and he was starting to find form when injured (included 104 against Geelong).

SydneyRox

I cannot see Rich not scoring well. Got to be a lock in most teams you would think.

Ricochet

Yeh all depends on price with Rich. Scoring shouldn't be an issue now that Brissie have added so much quality to their midfield. He'll get more footy fed to him and less attention