British 15's - 2014 Discussion thread

Started by PowerBug, January 13, 2014, 06:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

If I have a squad of 43, not 45, do I get to choose how many rookie-listed players I have?

kilbluff1985

Quote from: PowerBug on January 13, 2014, 06:25:34 PM
If I have a squad of 43, not 45, do I get to choose how many rookie-listed players I have?

You can't have 43 players Ringo was watching all the lists when we were drafting

PowerBug

I distinctly remember there being something said after all the draft was done about delistings, as we needed to delist players not on AFL lists, and if we didn't notify Ringo in time, we'd have to play with a smaller squad. It wasn't a drafting issue, it was after that.

So with me being slack and all and only getting around to looking at my team today, I couldn't find Taggert or Forster listed in any positions in the Fanplanner, so I assume they had been delisted. And since it's too late to draft, I only have 43. :)

Ringo

Final Teams do not have to be listed until before first round.

As PB has players delisted he is also now entitled to pick 2 replacement players from left over players from the Rookie Draft on page 1 where there are still 9 players available.

http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,87064.0.html

Rookies have to be listed in final team lodgements.

So in short PB can pick 2 players now.

Football Factory

Colliwobblers

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 27, 2014, 04:18:42 PM

lol like AXVS at the moment, I often think I should try spark it up, but meh, it's that time of the year, trading is still open but if everyone is happy with where they are at, kick back relax and HURRY UP the season !!!!

Football Factory

Quote from: Colliwobblers on January 27, 2014, 04:30:38 PM
Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 27, 2014, 04:18:42 PM

lol like AXVS at the moment, I often think I should try spark it up, but meh, it's that time of the year, trading is still open but if everyone is happy with where they are at, kick back relax and HURRY UP the season !!!!
Only problem with BXV is we still don't know if we will have a scoring system ? that's why people are avoiding trading etc

Colliwobblers

hoping for a spreadsheet calculator to be in place for next season, depends if it is a feasible workload for Ringo.

was the best scoring system around, SC almost without the weighting or ridiculous 40 fantasy points for a goal to decide the match....

i guess it almost has to be SC if we cant get the old scoring system in place, pretty sure there wont be a comp with that scoring system now, VS are obviously aiming for an original DT game which means DT scoring as far as I can tell. Nothing like sportal at all...

elephants

Quote from: Colliwobblers on January 27, 2014, 05:11:15 PM
hoping for a spreadsheet calculator to be in place for next season, depends if it is a feasible workload for Ringo.

was the best scoring system around, SC almost without the weighting or ridiculous 40 fantasy points for a goal to decide the match....

i guess it almost has to be SC if we cant get the old scoring system in place, pretty sure there wont be a comp with that scoring system now, VS are obviously aiming for an original DT game which means DT scoring as far as I can tell. Nothing like sportal at all...

Massive +1. I would seriously seriously hope to keep the same scoring system for next season!

kilbluff1985

We can hopefully if need be do the custom scoring on ultimate footy to match Sportal

Vinny

I agree I will be heartbroken if we don't keep the same system :P

Ringo

Sportal still not answering my emails have sent 3 so not confident.

If any one knows how to download CD data into a spreadsheet let me know as if it is possible can do lookups each week.  May take longer but worth it. Also worth investigating ultimate footy customised as KB says.

Do not what to complicate it too much though as the more manual intervention required the more opportunity for mistakes. Made a few last year as well btw.  Also I have a few weekends throughout the season where i will be away.

As we may have to change scoring sytems thinking of having a one week trading period once it is sorted with a limit of 4 movements. Comments on that welcome.

Colliwobblers

maybe talk to OS, he seems to know a lot about xl.

if you could import the stats from each game (available from the AFL site) into an xls, then have a formula to calculate the stats on sportal scoring system it would be exceptionally quick and easy.

apart from having to import every game each week.

the formula in xl would be very easy.

importing the data - that is the part i have no idea how to do but i am almost certain if it can be done Os would know how.

Justin Bieber

What I would be super interested in cw is to compare yours and my prospectus scores. See how close we are

Colliwobblers

Quote from: whatlez on January 27, 2014, 09:47:17 PM
What I would be super interested in cw is to compare yours and my prospectus scores. See how close we are

i'll work it out remind me again in a few days :) think you might win you have more depth and some of my best british players ball, cunnington,vlastuin, and the like are not elite players....

but we will see