GL's SC Diary 2015

Started by GoLions, November 03, 2014, 07:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AaronKirk

Quote from: GoLions on February 04, 2015, 04:44:13 PM
Quote from: shaker on February 04, 2015, 04:41:45 PM
Quote from: GoLions on February 04, 2015, 04:28:13 PM
Quote from: shaker on February 04, 2015, 04:20:56 PM
Not sold on Belly at R2 and forwards are one quality player short for my liking GL
Yeah I had Mitchell at F4 earlier, but prefer having the 5 premo mids. Don't really see a way to have both at this point without changing my structure completely.

Yeah it's hard to get all lines strong without some down grading of other lines , plenty of time to go and most have to change there team when round 1 teams are out haha
Haha yeah exactly

Need to wait on rookies. Its a pain but until they come out of the woodwork we really have no idea ha

GM

Belly at R2 is fine GL.
Downgrading Biggs and NVB should leave you with an option of ruck DPP at F4.
Ruck set up completely controls the ability to strengthen other lines.
So many value rucks that could help this.
And with a solid ruck DPP at F4 peace if mind is there.

Ringo

Solid Structure GL bit different to most with a 5 premo mid.

By going with this structure obviously weakens other lines and in this case forward line  so GWYG on this.

Only issue I see is playing rookies but that can be adjusted at round 1 and after NAB cup.

GoLions

Already changed it like another 5 times haha

Sloane-->Jelwood
Watson-->Cockatoo
Laverde-->Buddy

Still have Belly at R2 though, so is it worth dropping one of Buddy/Goddard/Lids for NicNat, and moving Belly to F4?

GoLions

Quote from: GM on February 05, 2015, 06:50:46 AM
Belly at R2 is fine GL.
Downgrading Biggs and NVB should leave you with an option of ruck DPP at F4.
Ruck set up completely controls the ability to strengthen other lines.
So many value rucks that could help this.
And with a solid ruck DPP at F4 peace if mind is there.
Yeah I've tried to have guys like NVB and Biggs so that if some cheaper rookies pop up, I can make the switch and have plenty of cash left over. Considering Belly at F4.

GoLions

Quote from: Ringo on February 05, 2015, 11:36:40 AM
Solid Structure GL bit different to most with a 5 premo mid.

By going with this structure obviously weakens other lines and in this case forward line  so GWYG on this.

Only issue I see is playing rookies but that can be adjusted at round 1 and after NAB cup.
5 premo mid is now out the window! Hahahaha
Who knows what structure I'll end up with :P

GoLions

72k remaining. Dropped Jelwood because I expect him to go down in price, will likely be my first upgrade target, maybe second. I like Barlow, think he can go top 10 in mids. Dropped Lids for the first time, he'll be in and out up until round 1 I'm sure. The extra cash is basically in case the cheaper guys don't look like playing, so should be able to make some easy fixes once we see which rookies are playing.

Money Shot

This is actually a really strong side! I cant really fault any picks!
Don't know why so many people are turning away from Selwood though!
Even if he scores 110 for the first 12 rounds he wont drop down in price to much will he?
Would love to be corrected!

fasttrack13

Firstly I'd like to hear your Z.Jones analysis...?

Defence is rock solid
Mids and rucks too!

One concern is shallow fwd line. If you were to downgrade hurn to a midpricer, you could turn belly into a premo

GoLions

Quote from: Money Shot on February 08, 2015, 08:24:39 AM
This is actually a really strong side! I cant really fault any picks!
Don't know why so many people are turning away from Selwood though!
Even if he scores 110 for the first 12 rounds he wont drop down in price to much will he?
Would love to be corrected!
The last few years Jelly has bottomed out at like 550k or less, which makes him a really good upgrade target. That's basically my only reasoning haha. I might still start with him.

Quote from: fasttrack13 on February 08, 2015, 12:06:47 PM

Defence is rock solid
Mids and rucks too!

One concern is shallow fwd line. If you were to downgrade hurn to a midpricer, you could turn belly into a premo
Regarding Jones, he's fairly expensive which means if a cheaper guy is named round 1, I'll make cash turning Jones into him. Also, apparently he's a good chance of getting games himself, and seeing as there's almost no-one who looks like playing in defence (for rookies that is), he may be a lock in most sides.
I'm actually considering Hibberd or Birchall to Seedsman (not Hurn, love him <3), and that should give me around 200k to play with. Don't think that would be enough to turn Belly into Deledio though, who would be my first choice.

Mantis

Really good side mate, I like teams with strong premiums and you have that on all lines. Love the Barlow pick to. I have considered the hurn pick also but little unsure on how he will match up against other premium backs. Tbell probably only pick I'm not sure on but at 300k you can afford to take that risk. Very nice side

GoLions

Quote from: Mantis on February 08, 2015, 01:53:02 PM
Really good side mate, I like teams with strong premiums and you have that on all lines. Love the Barlow pick to. I have considered the hurn pick also but little unsure on how he will match up against other premium backs. Tbell probably only pick I'm not sure on but at 300k you can afford to take that risk. Very nice side
Well, Hurn averaged 91.6 taking out his injured game, and with him now getting the captaincy too, I think he can improve on that slightly.
Yeah not sold on Belly, but like you said, at 300k it's low risk for some decent scoring and cash generation.

fasttrack13

Defence is rock solid
Mids and rucks too!

Regarding Jones, he's fairly expensive which means if a cheaper guy is named round 1, I'll make cash turning Jones into him. Also, apparently he's a good chance of getting games himself, and seeing as there's almost no-one who looks like playing in defence (for rookies that is), he may be a lock in most sides.
I'm actually considering Hibberd or Birchall to Seedsman (not Hurn, love him <3), and that should give me around 200k to play with. Don't think that would be enough to turn Belly into Deledio though, who would be my first choice.
[/quote]

P.seed not in the pies best 22... If you were to pick a magpie

M.Williams looks like pushing into the midfield and would averaged 90+
Or
Langdon who would take full time duties as the go to half back men.

Seedsman will continue to be a fringe player until he learns to widen his vision and become a player who can play laterally. He is  too straight line for bucks' liking at this point

GoLions

Quote from: fasttrack13 on February 08, 2015, 05:03:29 PM

Defence is rock solid
Mids and rucks too!

Quote from: GoLions on February 08, 2015, 12:34:12 PM

P.seed not in the pies best 22... If you were to pick a magpie

M.Williams looks like pushing into the midfield and would averaged 90+
Or
Langdon who would take full time duties as the go to half back men.

Seedsman will continue to be a fringe player until he learns to widen his vision and become a player who can play laterally. He is  too straight line for bucks' liking at this point
Really? Basically all Pies supporters I know think he's best 22 (have a lot of cousins who support Collingwood), and going off the Best 22 thread in the Pies board, he seems to be in most teams.

fasttrack13

I as a pies fan also don't see him in our best 22... He barely got any games even with our injuries this year.

hes not defensive enough and that rebounding half back role is covered by Langdon, dasher, Williams. Sinclair I'd even say is ahead of him. Williams and dasher can push onto a wing and work both ways also. Seedsman is too one dimensional. You saw how many injuries it took for him to get a game.