GL's SC Diary 2015

Started by GoLions, November 03, 2014, 07:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Money Shot

Quote from: Big  Mac on December 14, 2014, 04:58:55 PM
Looking pretty good so far - Not sure on the Waters/Seedsman picks but I'm sure you have your reasons. I'm also not sure Goddard can keep up the scoring this year. Might be an upgrade target for me.
The way I see Goddard is that if he has a bad year he will still score around 90 and I will take that from my 5/6 forward come the end of the year so you may as well get him in from the start as has just as much of a chance of going to a 105+ average. Although I like Martin over him but that is just personal preference. Don't really have a reason as Goddard is the more proven player.

fasttrack13

8 premium/potential keepers that have r12 bye... At most 5/6 in 1 bye round for me.
Hibberd, Seedsman, Ablett, Pendlebury, Watson, Goddard, Franklin Swan.

GoLions

Quote from: fasttrack13 on December 14, 2014, 11:41:44 PM
8 premium/potential keepers that have r12 bye... At most 5/6 in 1 bye round for me.
Hibberd, Seedsman, Ablett, Pendlebury, Watson, Goddard, Franklin Swan.
Well, by the end of the byes, you'd want a team just about full of keepers anyway. So if I target premiums from the other bye rounds in my upgrades, it'll be almost even once I get to round 12 anyway.
There's not really any round 12 defenders I'd want to upgrade to. Although may replace Seedsman with NDS if possible, assuming he gets DPP.
Maybe JPK, Fyfe, Barlow in mid, although I'd be happy to wait if necessary. Sloane, Jelwood, Cotchin all on radar too, so might end up with 4 of those 6.
Plan is NicNat for R2, who isn't round 12 bye.
And no forwards I want in round 12 that I don't already have. Will likely go for 2 of Gray, Dusty, Ziebell.

Thanks for bringing that up though, hadn't looked at byes at all until I saw that post :)

fasttrack13

You got a bit of a problem even with the rd11 aswell.
11: 7
12: 8
13: 1

Tricky lot of bye rounds this year! Glad i can help.

GoLions

Quote from: fasttrack13 on December 15, 2014, 12:07:00 PM
You got a bit of a problem even with the rd11 aswell.
11: 7
12: 8
13: 1

Tricky lot of bye rounds this year! Glad i can help.
Wait, what? I counted 2 for R11 haha, Lids and Rocky.
And 3 for R13, being Hurn, Shaw, and Goldy.

Leuenberger, Rich, and Waters will all be traded once we get to the byes, unless they're putting up premium scores and still have very small B/E's.

fasttrack13

Yeah sorry i counted rd 11&13 at the same time. Dangit!
its
11:4 (2 mid-price)
12:8 (1 mid-price)
13:4 (1 Mid-Price)
Try get mid capt. score from each rd imo...
Ablett, Rocky, Selwood etc...

Thoughts on this ruck?
Goldstein, Leuenberger (Kreuzer, King) Using the loophole? not a fan...

GoLions

Haha I was quite shocked when I saw 7 in R11!

I still might start Selwood, not sure yet. Will depend on prices and stuff.

Not a big fan of Kreuzer for SC, too much of a risk for me. Happy to stick with Leuey and Goldy, and if Leuey happens to go down, then maybe I'd trade him to Kreuzer.

fasttrack13

Yeah but the loophole? have you looked at that...

Prem/Midprice/Midprice/dud(loopholee)

GoLions

Quote from: fasttrack13 on December 15, 2014, 05:18:20 PM
Yeah but the loophole? have you looked at that...

Prem/Midprice/Midprice/dud(loopholee)
I'm confident Leuey will outscore Kreuzer though, and the cash saved by not having Kreuzer at R3 is essentially used to have one of the other premiums in my team, which is a guaranteed increase in points. The loophole ruck strategy isn't a guaranteed increase, and uses a lot more cash. Only real positive is that it's safer in case someone goes down.
I'll be looking to see what rookie priced rucks look like playing next year, and have them on the bench.

fasttrack13

I'd recommend Petracca > Membrey (150-120k) should save 70k leaving you 140k.
You could upgrade seedsman, waters or rich... or even loophole those rucks if your happy with those guys!

GoLions

Quote from: fasttrack13 on December 15, 2014, 05:41:16 PM
I'd recommend Petracca > Membrey (150-120k) should save 70k leaving you 140k.
You could upgrade seedsman, waters or rich... or even loophole those rucks if your happy with those guys!
Yeah that's definitely something I'll look at. If Membrey is named round 1 he's just about a lock. Would probably upgrade Seedsman to NDS with that cash i reckon, as long as he gets DPP.

GoLions

Made a fair few changes here

TEAM NAME: Dave's Legends
DEF: N. Dal Santo, H. Shaw, M. Hibberd, S. Colquhoun, S. Biggs, K. Langford (H. Goddard, D. McKenzie)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, S. Pendlebury, J. Watson, T. Cotchin, D. Rich, A. Brayshaw, I. Heeney, J. Laverde (A. Neal-Bullen, J. Steele)
RUC: T. Goldstein, N. Naitanui (J. Griffin, T. Downie)
FWD: B. Deledio, B. Goddard, L. Franklin, D. Swan, T. Membrey, C. Petracca (M. Clark, J. Hogan)
CASH LEFT: $77,000ish

Basically gone:
Rocky-->Cotchin
Hurn-->NDS
Seedsman, Waters-->Colq, Biggs
Blakely-->Membrey (Steele into mids)
Leuey-->NicNat

Defence becomes very weak, but I'm reluctant to locking away many premos as I'm just not confident in anyone really except the 3 I currently have
Predicting Cotchin to go big this year, and Rocky, as much as I love him, had to go. Rich could go down to a rookie, or up to a premo if I drop NicNat or Buddy
Wanted to see what team would be like with two premo rucks, hence why NicNat is now in the side
Forwards didn't really change

Main positions which will continue to change are M4, M5, D4, F4, and R2. Will probably depend on positions and prices at the end of the day.

Thoughts guys? Reckon it looks better or worse than my previous team?

Money Shot

Quote from: GoLions on December 16, 2014, 07:37:06 PM

DEF: N. Dal Santo, H. Shaw, M. Hibberd, S. Colquhoun, S. Biggs, K. Langford (H. Goddard, D. McKenzie)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, S. Pendlebury, J. Watson, T. Cotchin, D. Rich, A. Brayshaw, I. Heeney, J. Laverde (A. Neal-Bullen, J. Steele)
FWD: B. Deledio, B. Goddard, L. Franklin, D. Swan, T. Membrey, C. Petracca (M. Clark, J. Hogan)

Basically gone:
Rocky-->Cotchin
Hurn-->NDS
Leuey-->NicNat

Defence becomes very weak, but I'm reluctant to locking away many premos as I'm just not confident in anyone really except the 3 I currently have
Predicting Cotchin to go big this year, and Rocky, as much as I love him, had to go. Rich could go down to a rookie, or up to a premo if I drop NicNat or Buddy
Wanted to see what team would be like with two premo rucks, hence why NicNat is now in the side

Main positions which will continue to change are M4, M5, D4, F4, and R2. Will probably depend on positions and prices at the end of the day.

Definatly a better team!
Although your defence is weak the three premiums you are great and you have a good bunch of rookies also.
I love your midfield but would upgrade Rich to your next favourite premium. would down grade Nic Nat.
Rucks are almost to strong for my liking.
Forwards are great!
All I would do is make Rich a super premium.

Money Shot

Quote from: Money Shot on December 16, 2014, 08:02:24 PM

Basically gone:
Rocky-->Cotchin
Hurn-->NDS
Leuey-->NicNat

Definatly a better team!
Although your defence is weak the three premiums you are great and you have a good bunch of rookies also.
I love your midfield but would upgrade Rich to your next favourite premium. would down grade Nic Nat.
Rucks are almost to strong for my liking.
Forwards are great!
All I would do is make Rich a super premium by downgrading in your rucks.
Could you rate my team!

Ricochet

Basically gone:
Rocky-->Cotchin
Hurn-->NDS
Leuey-->NicNat

Not sure if I like some of those changes man. Think we're crazy not to jump on at least one of Leuey/Krooz and it just leaves your backline really really weak. If you are set on NicNat/Goldy combo then I think you really need to downgrade Rich and upgrade a defender