AXV Vacant Coaching Positions

Started by BB67th, October 31, 2014, 08:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB67th

The AXV has 3 vacant coaching positions available, the Kathmandu Eskimos, Hong Kong Dongs and Laos Elephants. I'd like to thank all previous coaches for the work they have done in establishing and running their teams.

So 3 new coaches are needed to join the AXV. We are looking for 3 coaches who are prepared to be involved in trading, drafting, and what is an all-round great competition.

Trading has been open for a while, with the current trade window to end in a couple of weeks, to be followed by drafting and then a second trade period.

The AXV uses the Sportsbet scoring system, and all information about the competition can be found in this thread:
http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,66632.0.html
Or, send me a pm with any queries you might have, I'm always happy to answer any questions. :)

Below are the current team lists for each of the three teams that are available, if you are interested in becoming a coach, please give a short application about who you are, and why you feel you deserve the job. Voting will then be sent out to all current AXV coaches, and the new coach with the highest amount of votes will have first choice of which team they would like to coach.

Again, any further queries, please send me a message. I'll leave applications open for a week, they will close at 11:59PM, Friday 7th November.

Team Lists (Updated with Current Trades) - Please ignore the numbers next to player names.

KATHMANDU ESKIMOS

SENIOR LIST

1. Heritier Lumumba 4
2. Aaron Edwards 6
3. Patrick Ryder 6
4. Luke Breust 6
5. Lewis Jetta 2
6. Tendai Mzungu 4
7. Dale Morris 2
8. Sam Rowe 2
9. Taylor Duryea 2
10. Tom Young 4
11. Daniel Hannebery 6
12. Jeremy McGovern
13. David Ellard 2
14. Brad Ebert 6
15. Tim Sumner 1
16. Cameron Pederson 1
17. Ben Howlett 4
18. Todd Elton 1
19. Liam Picken 4
20. Marty Clarke 4
21. Dylan Van Unen 1
22. Jarrad Redden 2
23. Levi Greenwood 4
24. Jack Hombsch 2
25. Lachie Henderson 6
26. Daniel Currie 1
27. Dominic Barry 1
28. Tom Simpkin 2
29. Michael Firrito 4
30. Andrew Gaff 4
31. Jared Polec 1
32. Alex Silvagni 2
33. Isaac Smith 4
34. Ben Lennon 2
35. Riley Knight 1
36. Mitch Honeychurch 1
37. Zachary Merrett 1
38. Orazio Fantasia 1
39. Thomas Curren 1
40. George Burbury 1

ROOKIE LIST

1. Anthony Morabito 1
2. Andrew Boston 1
3. Brad Hartman 1
4. Caolan Mooney 1
5. Henry Schade 2
6. Sam Gray 1

HONG KONG DONGS

SENIOR LIST

1. Lance Franklin 9
2. Matt Thomas
3. Jack Redden
4. Liam Anthony 2
5. Brent Stanton 6
6. Leigh Montagna 9
7. Hamish Mcintosh 1
8. David Hale 4
9. Dustin Fletcher 4
10. Jonathan Brown 4
11. Jay Schulz 6
12. Kane Cornes 6
13. George Hewett 1
14. Heath Scotland 1
15. Jimmy Bartel 9
16. Clinton Young 4
17. Will Schofield 4
18. Lenny Hayes 6
19. Jordan Lisle 4
20. Jordie McKenzie 2
21. Chris Newman 4
22. Shannon Byrnes 2
23. Jarrad Grant 6
24. Luke McPharlin 6
25. Daniel Giansiracusa 6
26. Blayne Wilson 1
27. Paul Puopolo 6
28. Eric Mackenzie 6
29. Robert Murphy 9
30. Luke McGuane 4
31. Jason Johannisen 4
32. Lachlan Keeffe 4
33. Ben Hudson 1
34. Spencer White 2
35. Matthew Watson 1
36. James Kelly 6
37. Darcy Gardiner 1
38. Jack Leslie 1
39. Darcy Byrne-Jones 1
40. Karl Amon 1
41. Michael Rischitelli
42. Mark Jamar

ROOKIE LIST

1. Kaiden Brand 1
2. Sam Michael 1
3. Mitchell Wilkins 1
4. Joshua Prudden 1
5. Jack Redpath 1
6. Will Maginness 1

LAOS ELEPHANTS

SENIOR LIST

1. Jarryd Roughead
2. Taylor Walker 6
3. Michael Barlow 9
4. Josh J. Kennedy
5. Daniel Nicholson 4
6. Todd Goldstein 9
7. Jack Watts 6
8. Travis Boak 6
9. Dylan Shiel 4
10. Liam Shiels 2
11. Aaron Hall 4
12. Stewart Crameri 6
13. Brodie Smith 4
14. Jon Patton 1
15. Tom McDonald 4
16. Billy longer 2
17. Alex Fasolo 4
18. Jarryn Geary 6
19. Jared Petrenko 4
20. Sam Day 2
21. Lachlan Hansen 4
22. Joshua Bootsma 1
23. Ryan Harwood 4
24. Jordan Lewis 6
25. Joshua Green 2
26. Ben Stratton 6
27. Bradley Mckenzie 1
28. Sam Frost 1
29. Shaun Burgoyne
30. Thomas Sheridan 1
31. Seb Tape 1
32. Sam Dunnell 1
33. Rory Thompson 4
34. Kyle Cheney 1
35. Oliver Wines 4
36. Matt White 2
37. Lachie Whitfield 4
38. Jesse White 4
39. Garrick Ibbotson 6
40. Tom Hickey 1
41. Dion Prestia

ROOKIE LIST

1. Tanner Smith 1
3. Sam Schulz 1
4. Fraser Thurlow 1
5. Matthew Spangher 1
6. Taylor Hine 1

T Dog

I will throw my name up as well.

I am currently coach of El Paso Alpacas and Colorado Avalanche in Americas DT and SC comps.
Have been DT'ing and SC'ing on this site for a few years. Not terribly successfully I must add.
Have been an assistant to KB in one of his XV's teams last year. He may give you a reference if you ask him nicely.
Was a not very active asst to Noz. Best you dont ask him.

As a team manager I simply look for incremental improvements in all dealings. I do also like to bring in players I simply like to watch play. The science and complicated machinations of value adjustments in trade deals often escapes me but I do trade if it is fair to both teams in my opinion. I don't necessarily value unproven youth at the expense of proven performers and I do rate mature guns. Best examples of the how and why of my trading methods are on these Americas threads.

http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,99177.0.html
http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,99178.0.html

I am committed to ongoing team management as I do stay active on the site over the off season. Addiction to football is a bit strong as a description but it is close.

If voted in as coach I would try to put my imprint on team selection reasonably quickly. Things may be reasonably sorted for next season...but next trade period get ready because " I will trade hard and I will trade early."

8)

Nige

Hey all, it's Nige, your friendly neighbourhood forum no-lifer.  :P

About Me
This probably isn't too necessary as people probably know heaps about me already. I'm 20 in January, at Uni atm and obviously really enjoy footy. I prefer spending time indoors and online but am not opposed to chilling with friends and having a good chat (usually about sport, music or television). Being online a bit, I am perfectly capable of devoting time to fantasy football, a hobby/pastime I really enjoy.

XVs Experience
Anyway, I'd love to finally join AXVs as a head coach after serving as assistant to several clubs including the Folders, Lambs and Eskimos. I'm currently co-coach of the Cairo Sands in WXVs, coach of the Swiss Storm in EXVs and coach of the Liverpool Rams in BXVs. It has been a goal/dream of mine to being involved as head coach in all four comps and after being unsuccessful last time (when Rusty and SR got their jobs), have been happily and patiently waiting for the next opportunity.

Kathmandu Eskimos Application

Best XV
D: H.Lumumba, L.Picken, T.Duryea, J.McGovern
M: B.Ebert, D.Hannebery, L.Greenwood, I.Smith
R: P.Ryder
F: L.Breust, L.Jetta, L.Henderson, B.Howlett
I: A.Gaff, J.Polec

Plans
After working with the Eskimos for a good portion of the past season, I have a fair bit of knowledge about the team. The bones of a good team are there. However, the main problem with the Eskimos is depth. There are a few avenues of achieving this. I could either trade some of the better players for slightly lesser but still quality players or gather draft picks to use on a fairly strong draft pool using some players with currency. After the draft, I would then assess the list again and see which lines still need numbers or quality and find the right balance. Another solid forward and defender that could start would also not go astray and would significantly boost the power of the Eskimos.

Hong Kong Dongs Application

Best XV
D: J.Bartel, R.Murphy, E.Mackenzie, J.Johannisen
M: J.Redden, L.Montagna, B.Stanton, K.Cornes
R: H.McIntosh
F: L.Franklin, J.Schulz, P.Puopolo, D.Hale
I: M.Rischitelli, L.McPharlin

Plans
I'll be back, just calling the local retirement village to see if they have vacancies. :P Jokes aside, this team is on the wrong side of the desired age bracket. Two season into the competition and this team hasn't been successful so it's probably time for a rebuild or to at least balance out this list a little. Youth is needed desperately and so is depth, so the aim here would probably be to acquire younger players and picks for some of the older fellas going around. As crazy as it may sound, trading Buddy would be something I would consider if it attracted the right offer considering he's probably in the top 5 players in the competition. There is a lot of work to be done, but I'm happy to do it considering I took my BXVs from the wooden spooners to a team pushing for the 8 in 2015 and have already made some changes to my Euros team which should see it be more competitive than in 2014 where it finished second last under the previous coach.

Laos Elephants Application

Best XV
D: B.Smith, G.Ibbotson, L.Hansen, R.Harwood
M: M.Barlow, J.Lewis, T.Boak, D.Prestia
R: T.Goldstein
F: J.Roughead, JJ.Kennedy, T.Walker, S.Crameri
I: O.Wines, D.Shiel

Plans
Wow, what a list! I'd go as far as saying this is definitely one of the best lists in the competition and it's a credit to our dearly departed friend whatlez that he got it to such a position. The biggest problem with the list is the depth, but for the opposite reason of the other two teams. The depth is too good. Every line has got great depth and there actually isn't much work to be done, if anything. Having guys like Burgoyne, Shiels and Whitfield on the bench to name a few is simply awesome. However, as crazy as it may sound, I'd be willing to cut it down a little. I'd like to take this team down a more youthful path, putting faith in the younger guns of the team to carry it forward. This would mean using some older premos to acquire a young gun starting defender as I feel it's the weakest line in terms of starters. I would also be interested in boosting the team's depth with some quality picks and would sell some guns to get them.

Summary
To finish, I'd like to say it would be nothing short of a pleasure to take over any of these teams. The previous coaches have all done a tremendous job and this competition has been brilliant from day one with the work CW and now BB have done. I would love to participate and join in the weekly banter and hopefully get the opportunity to take home a premiership if voted in by the coaches of the competition.

I'm pretty active, always engage in banter and I'm usually timely in my team submissions as well as fond of adding up the weekly head-to-head scores for a bit of insight into how my team and the opponent are tracking. I feel these qualities are important and would be an asset to the competition.

If I had to rank the teams above, it would be as follows:
1. Laos
2. Kathmandu
3. Hong Kong

I would also like to mention that at least two of the previous coaches in Lez and Coop both asked and encouraged me to apply for their teams and so it would be an honour to be voted in to carry on their good work.  :)

Thanks for your time fellas. (:

nrich102

I'll throw my hat into the ring.

Ive been involved in the XV's competitions for 2 seasons now. I originally joined BXV at the Breakers with Ringo, where I am currently the co coach. I have recently become coach of the Serbian Eagles i the EXV competition. I am an assistant to Nails in WXV and am an assistant with BB at the Folders, but dont ask him how active I am  :-X. I am also involved in the Ten10 competition.

This year coming up will be my 5th year playing DT and my 4th playing Supercoach, However I have never played sportsbet before.

Im a committed coach, and  would love to be involved in Asians. The team I'd most like to run if I can, would be Hong Kong. I want a challenge. The list is old, and is in desperate need of youth. I would take the team through a rebuilding period, trading out the older players for younger ones. After that I'd take Laos, as they are the best team list out of the 3 here and are in contention to win in the next few years. Then i'd take the Eskimos. The Eskimos have an alright list, but the depth is the key struggle. To fix this I would trade out draft picks for players. Another starting defender would help the team aswell

So yeah, feel free to vote for me. Good luck to the other applicants.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Nige on October 31, 2014, 10:24:48 PM

About Me
This probably isn't too necessary as people probably know heaps about me already. I'm 20 in January, at Uni atm and obviously really enjoy footy. I prefer spending time indoors and online but am not opposed to chilling with friends and having a good chat (usually about sport, music or television). Being online a bit, I am perfectly capable of devoting time to fantasy football, a hobby/pastime I really enjoy.

XVs Experience
Anyway, I'd love to finally join AXVs as a head coach after serving as assistant to several clubs including the Folders, Lambs and Eskimos. I'm currently co-coach of the Cairo Sands in WXVs, coach of the Swiss Storm in EXVs and coach of the Liverpool Rams in BXVs. It has been a goal/dream of mine to being involved as head coach in all four comps and after being unsuccessful last time (when Rusty and SR got their jobs), have been happily and patiently waiting for the next opportunity.

Best XV

Plans
After working with the Eskimos for a good portion of the past season, I have a fair bit of knowledge about the team. The bones of a good team are there. However, the main problem with the Eskimos is depth. There are a few avenues of achieving this. I could either trade some of the better players for slightly lesser but still quality players or gather draft picks to use on a fairly strong draft pool using some players with currency. After the draft, I would then assess the list again and see which lines still need numbers or quality and find the right balance. Another solid forward and defender that could start would also not go astray and would significantly boost the power of the Eskimos.

Best XV

Plans
I'll be back, just calling the local retirement village to see if they have vacancies. :P Jokes aside, this team is on the wrong side of the desired age bracket. Two season into the competition and this team hasn't been successful so it's probably time for a rebuild or to at least balance out this list a little. Youth is needed desperately and so is depth, so the aim here would probably be to acquire younger players and picks for some of the older fellas going around. As crazy as it may sound, trading Buddy would be something I would consider if it attracted the right offer considering he's probably in the top 5 players in the competition. There is a lot of work to be done, but I'm happy to do it considering I took my BXVs from the wooden spooners to a team pushing for the 8 in 2015 and have already made some changes to my Euros team which should see it be more competitive than in 2014 where it finished second last under the previous coach.

Best XV

Plans
Wow, what a list! I'd go as far as saying this is definitely one of the best lists in the competition and it's a credit to our dearly departed friend whatlez that he got it to such a position. The biggest problem with the list is the depth, but for the opposite reason of the other two teams. The depth is too good. Every line has got great depth and there actually isn't much work to be done, if anything. Having guys like Burgoyne, Shiels and Whitfield on the bench to name a few is simply awesome. However, as crazy as it may sound, I'd be willing to cut it down a little. I'd like to take this team down a more youthful path, putting faith in the younger guns of the team to carry it forward. This would mean using some older premos to acquire a young gun starting defender as I feel it's the weakest line in terms of starters. I would also be interested in boosting the team's depth with some quality picks and would sell some guns to get them.

Summary
To finish, I'd like to say it would be nothing short of a pleasure to take over any of these teams. The previous coaches have all done a tremendous job and this competition has been brilliant from day one with the work CW and now BB have done. I would love to participate and join in the weekly banter and hopefully get the opportunity to take home a premiership if voted in by the coaches of the competition.

I'm pretty active, always engage in banter and I'm usually timely in my team submissions as well as fond of adding up the weekly head-to-head scores for a bit of insight into how my team and the opponent are tracking. I feel these qualities are important and would be an asset to the competition.

1. Laos
2. Kathmandu
3. Hong Kong

I would also like to mention that at least two of the previous coaches in Lez and Coop both asked and encouraged me to apply for their teams and so it would be an honour to be voted in to carry on their good work.  :)

Are you saying you would choose Laos over the Eskimoes?

Nige

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on November 02, 2014, 04:23:12 PM
Not necessarily, I'm simply ranking the teams in terms of where I think they are in the competition, as in which is the best to worst as the lists stand (of the three).

Memphistopheles

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on November 02, 2014, 04:23:12 PM
Quote from: Nige on October 31, 2014, 10:24:48 PM

About Me

XVs Experience

Best XV

Plans

Best XV

Plans

Best XV

Plans

Summary

1. Laos
2. Kathmandu
3. Hong Kong

WHAT DO YOU MEAN MCGOVERN ISN'T THE ESKIMOS F4?????

Nige

Quote from: Memphistopheles on November 03, 2014, 01:22:19 PM
WHAT DO YOU MEAN MCGOVERN ISN'T THE ESKIMOS F4?????
Should get DPP and could play him either D4 or F4. Just picked him as D4 when making the best XV in the post.

PowerBug

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I am very very tempted by the prospect of rejoining XV's in some way.

JBs-Hawks

PowerBug

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on November 04, 2014, 08:19:23 PM
Do it!
Oh wait, JB is here, nevermind :P Jokes

I'll see, I will give it some thought and chat to my consultant then get back to you all

PowerBug

Hi all, not gonna waste your time, so I'll keep this short:

About Me:
Just finishing off Year 12 now, 14th November my last exam. Got plenty of spare time after that to do fun stuff.

XV's Experience:
This is the key one. Well, I've done a fair bit. Let's start with 2012:
- Drafted and coached Buenos Aires Armadillos to a prelim final. Would've won the whole thing if I didn't make a huge blunder in the Primary draft, taking Swannie at 2 over GAJ.
- Drafted and coached the Greek Titans to a Semi final (Knocked out in straight sets unfortunately)

Prior to the 2013 season I had a little hissy fit and left. Before that I did help with the drafting of the Hong Kongs Dongs in this competition, which I noticed hasn't done too badly. We won't go into detail about the Grope Lane Giants drafting though, that was definitely all Nails' fault ;)

I took over Hastings Hurricanes (BXV) in 2013 after 4 rounds and got them into the finals, losing first round. I relinquished the management of that team at the end of the season due to school being slightly more important, and that I wasn't playing any fantasy football this year so I would've been pretty useless anyway.

I haven't looked at the teams closely, and won't do so now, I'll take of that if I'm given the chance to coach one. Which one would I pick? The one that finished lowest on the table, there is temptation to take over the Dongs again though :)

Thanks,
PowerBug

Ricochet

Very nice applications so far lads

Nige

Question (on behalf of myself and presumably the other applicants): Assuming the voting for this goes out in the coming days and the AXVs coaches get a week to vote, do the successful applicants/new coaches only get the one week to trade (again assuming the trade period closes the week of the AFL National Draft) or will the AXVs draft be pushed back by like a couple days to a week to allow us a little extra time?

Jroo

Quote from: Nige on November 08, 2014, 02:14:35 PM
Question (on behalf of myself and presumably the other applicants): Assuming the voting for this goes out in the coming days and the AXVs coaches get a week to vote, do the successful applicants/new coaches only get the one week to trade (again assuming the trade period closes the week of the AFL National Draft) or will the AXVs draft be pushed back by like a couple days to a week to allow us a little extra time?
There's still another trade period after the draft, so don't see why it would be pushed back?