Pre Season 2015

Started by Mr.Craig, October 29, 2014, 12:21:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

Grazz

Hahaha gave me a chuckle Rico. ;D

Mr.Craig

Grazz

Kinda sad when a couple of trophies are your only mates. Conversation would be a bit one sided.  :-\

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Grazz on November 20, 2014, 07:35:24 AM

Kinda sad when a couple of trophies are your only mates. Conversation would be a bit one sided.  :-\

I wouldnt complain :P

Grazz

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on November 20, 2014, 07:36:36 AM
Quote from: Grazz on November 20, 2014, 07:35:24 AM

I wouldnt complain :P

Just between me and you neither would i. ;)

Ricochet

I'd be happy with just one

GoLions

Quote from: Ricochet on November 20, 2014, 10:07:58 AM
1 like = 1 prayer for Ric (and Freo)

Mr.Craig

Bit hard to tell but I don't think they've got around to engraving the bloody thing yet.

Grazz

Quote from: Ricochet on November 20, 2014, 10:07:58 AM

Yeh no doubt mate, the Freo faithful would be desperate for ultimate success, it's been a long road. Fingers crossed it aint far away for your mob. Would like to see Pav get to hold a premiership cup. Sadly alot of great players never get to do it.

Mr.Craig

List Assessment

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-22/aflcomaus-list-assessment

Draft selections: 31, 49, 50, 68, (committed to promoting rookie Dallas Willsmore), 77 (committed to promoting rookie Zac Webster).

Defenders: Luring Brian Lake was a masterstroke but it became increasingly clear last season the Hawks needed a succession plan. Enter James Frawley. The 26-year-old ex-Demon instantly eased concerns about the key defensive posts. With Ryan Schoenmakers staying put, the Hawks bat deep and can plan ahead for Lake and Josh Gibson's retirements. Of the running types, Grant Birchall and Matt Suckling have plenty of football left, Taylor Duryea provides pace and steel and Angus Litherland has emerged as a versatile option to lock-down or carry and create.

Midfielders: The engine room is still led by champions Sam Mitchell, Jordan Lewis and Luke Hodge but a raft of their younger teammates are shouldering more of the load. Hawthorn boasts game-breaking pace (Bradley Hill, Isaac Smith), toughness (Will Langford, Liam Shiels) and depth, with long-term injured duo Jed Anderson and Brendan Whitecross - plus recruit Jonathon O'Rourke - coming into calculations. The ruck stocks are in good shape, with Jon Ceglar and Ben McEvoy set to form a long partnership when David Hale retires.

Forwards: Hawthorn coped incredibly well after losing Lance Franklin, with Jack Gunston stepping up across half-forward. In Gunston, Jarryd Roughead and Luke Breust the Hawks have potency and flexibility, while Paul Puopolo brings the grunt and Cyril Rioli the X-factor. The biggest question mark is Roughead's replacement. Tim O'Brien is being groomed and Sam Grimley is set to be downgraded to the rookie list, but the Hawks could use another developing tall.

In a nutshell: It will be difficult with Hawthorn's picks, but a promising power forward would be ideal. A bullocking mid to replace Brad Sewell would also be handy.

Mr.Craig

Mr.Craig

Mr.Craig